08/08/2010 [DMFA #1135] - Cover blown! Panic! Panic!

Started by Bjalf, August 08, 2010, 02:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keleth

Quote from: joshofspam on August 09, 2010, 10:45:07 AM
You know this seems surprisingly like how questions sometimes get out of control in the forum. Did you get inspiration from us Amber?

But on to the comic. The fact that she isn't afraid of Abel isn't so surprising. After all being underground most of their life's, there is two ways or maybe three ways to take it.

1. Being incredibly xenophobic of other races.
2. Not caring about the land and people above.
3. Asking question like theirs no tommorrow and talking faster then any normal being could answer with no break until that round of question ends.

If she has that much too say. Then her personal favorite being or creature is probably Cubi.

Or she just likes to talk.
Help! I'm gay!

joshofspam

Quote from: Drathorin on August 09, 2010, 10:50:45 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on August 09, 2010, 10:45:07 AM
You know this seems surprisingly like how questions sometimes get out of control in the forum. Did you get inspiration from us Amber?

But on to the comic. The fact that she isn't afraid of Abel isn't so surprising. After all being underground most of their life's, there is two ways or maybe three ways to take it.

1. Being incredibly xenophobic of other races.
2. Not caring about the land and people above.
3. Asking question like theirs no tommorrow and talking faster then any normal being could answer with no break until that round of question ends.

If she has that much too say. Then her personal favorite being or creature is probably Cubi.

Or she just likes to talk.

You know she probably used the record option when he was changing right? :P

But just talking might mean she has spent considerable time on the surfice.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 09, 2010, 09:37:09 AM
Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 09, 2010, 09:20:05 AM
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manger for returns.

Where do I find your manger, and what sort of food do you have in it?

(thank you sir!)

Must I be forever doom to have something to say, and no way to say it? :P

Edit: Btw, we're having a special on chocolate covered ants (parts) today. Made fresh!

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 09, 2010, 09:39:58 AM

Holy crap what do you take and where can I get it?

(I just stay up to late reading too much, and loose all shame and inhibition that scares me into "safe place". I don't even have to get drunk!)

Admins? I love you, but ...
:scaredkitty

Ok, that's just freaking me out though. I'm not sure if you're implying I did well, I so completely screwed up the English language again, or just run away and hide in the really really deep holes I keep digging. (Perhaps all of the above?)

Now, because at some point I should say something on the topic ... I am liking the theory Chicki just does now any better more. Chicki (Cheekey?) does seem to be yanking really hard on the cat's tail in absolute ignorance of what that could mean. I can almost hear the next comments.

"See you even have the mastery of elemental magic."
"Then there are the wing tentacles."
"Oh my ... Is that a soul stealing spell?"

Though I still think Chicki messing with Abel is hilarious, or Amber doing a cut with her and Fluffy do her ebil puppet meme is coming up soon. (Of course my like of that theory as absolutely not to do with the fact I suggested it. Absolutely nothing!)
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 09, 2010, 11:39:34 AM
Must I be forever doom to have something to say, and no way to say it? :P

Probably. It seems to be par for the course.

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 09, 2010, 11:39:34 AM
Edit: Btw, we're having a special on chocolate covered ants (parts) today. Made fresh!

"Help! I'm covered in ants in little scuba outfits!"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

That_wolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 09, 2010, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: That_wolf on August 08, 2010, 07:55:52 PM
According to Kyra, she is.

Who? I don't recall anyone in the comic named that - was that one of the cameos?

Oops, I spelled it like the little voice in my head says it's pronounced, I meant Kria.(Ky-rah' sounds better than Ker-i'-ah or whatever it's pronounced as.)
Abel needs a hug...

Anri

Wild and silly (incorrect) theory time! Chicki is Mink! X3

Bjalf

Quote from: Anri on August 09, 2010, 12:43:24 PM
Wild and silly (incorrect) theory time! Chicki is Mink! X3

I bet Aniz and Hizell is involved.

ishidan

In the previous comic, Chicki asked whether Cubi are usually female unless actively on the hunt for female prey.
Chicki has seen, and taken pictures of, Abel while Abel was in the buff and shifting forms.

This probably has bad implications regarding how Abel is hung.
Go on Youtube and search for "nude skydiving" (AT YOUR OWN RISK), and you'll probably have a good idea what Chicki did NOT see.

Mao

Ahem.  Pushing the FA-Teen limit a bit there with that suggestion, don't you think? :P

Riddle78

Is it just me,or is Chicki holding the camera backwards in the last panel?

Bjalf

Quote from: ishidan on August 10, 2010, 12:02:19 AM
In the previous comic, Chicki asked whether Cubi are usually female unless actively on the hunt for female prey.
Chicki has seen, and taken pictures of, Abel while Abel was in the buff and shifting forms.

Well, insectis are probably hung built differently, so Chicki would not necessarily know which gender Abel's "stuff" ... er ... pointed ... to.      eheh   :sweatdrop

Besides, Abel might recently have hunted female prey, or he's already hunting "scary cow lady".

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Captain on August 08, 2010, 05:45:42 PM... or hit her with lightening.

Why, is she too dark?

Quote from: That_wolf on August 08, 2010, 06:31:25 PM
I predict persuading/ offer to meet Jyyras. 'Hi, Jyyras, I brought you a paparazzi.'

A paparazzi pizza?

Quote from: That_wolf on August 09, 2010, 12:40:27 PM
Oops, I spelled it like the little voice in my head says it's pronounced, I meant Kria.(Ky-rah' sounds better than Ker-i'-ah or whatever it's pronounced as.)

Kree-ah
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

PantheraLeo

Quote from: Bjalf on August 10, 2010, 01:40:58 AM

Besides, Abel might recently have hunted female prey, or he's already hunting "scary cow lady".

I think the cow lady reference is referring to this. I think that was Lorenda doing her impersonation of Pip's "Huggles" with some paparazzi on the inn lawn. I think that's why Chicki is afraid of the "scary cow lady", and is over at Jryyas's place instead.

Ok, minding the PG rating. I'm sure Abel is no knight in shining armor, but I don't think he's been anything more then a perfect (if bit sarcastic) gentleman! The only thing that he's ever been depicted doing is killing time and looking after Daniel as Fa'Lina told him to.

The closest he's done to doing otherwise was the "sign of the apocalypse". Likewise, Amber is a tiny bit of a tease, but she's also keep close to the "PG" rating.

I'm not really sure where this line of questioning is going.

Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 10, 2010, 01:59:07 AM

Kree-ah

I should point out seeing it's never spoken aloud (being a comic and all): Amber could just as well say "It's pronounced 'La-De-Do-Da', so sayth the Amber!", and that would be the end of it.

Edit: "Power corrupts, but absolute power is kind of neat."
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Bjalf

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 10, 2010, 02:20:10 AM
I think the cow lady reference is referring to this. I think that was Lorenda doing her impersonation of Pip's "Huggles" with some paparazzi on the inn lawn. I think that's why Chicki is afraid of the "scary cow lady", and is over at Jryyas's place instead.

Then that would be extremely foolish of Chicki, since Chicki knows very well that "scary cow lady" has some sort of connection to Jyrras and/or his house.

No, Chicki is at Jyrras' place because that is where Jyrras is.

What Chicki says in strip 1134 is No one sees him, only scary cow lady, which can have two different meanings, either
No one sees Jyrras, they only see "scary cow lady"
or
Only "scary cow lady" sees Jyrras.

Edit:
I briefly considered Kria, because she's been stalking Jyrras for a while. Though she is quite scary, she's not a cow.

And she's definitely not a lady.   :eek

D'ymkarra

What I'm pondering is, Chicki takes note of the duality of Abel's wings; obviously WE all know this is not common among cubi, but her half angel/ demon comment just goes to show her naivety on such issues. Both Kria and DP are full demons, yet do not have the bat-like wingage, nor does Dan, being half cubi...Where does the media in Furrae get their information?  :erk
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Bjalf

Quote from: D'ymkarra on August 10, 2010, 03:55:48 AM
Both Kria and DP are full demons, yet do not have the bat-like wingage, ...

What? They have bat-wings.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_777.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_981.php

Wings don't get much more batty than that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ishidan on August 10, 2010, 12:02:19 AM

Why? I'd expect gryphons to be hung differently, as per most birds or reptiles; internally hidden, or not present at all. As such, Abel in gryphon disguise wouldn't have such visible, either.

As such, I'd expect the clothing to appear before the anatomy. Particularly since it's a PG-rated comic. Do you expect otherwise?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 10, 2010, 02:20:10 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 10, 2010, 01:59:07 AM

Kree-ah

I should point out seeing it's never spoken aloud (being a comic and all): Amber could just as well say "It's pronounced 'La-De-Do-Da', so sayth the Amber!", and that would be the end of it.

Having asked her in person... It's Kree-ah.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on August 09, 2010, 01:05:27 PM
Quote from: Anri on August 09, 2010, 12:43:24 PMWild and silly (incorrect) theory time! Chicki is Mink! X3
I bet Aniz and Hizell is involved.

Dan's father must be involved too then.
And in the end it turns out to be a Fa'Lina plot which ends in .... muffins ! :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Congo Jack

Quote from: Bjalf on August 10, 2010, 02:53:06 AM

Edit:
I briefly considered Kria, because she's been stalking Jyrras for a while. Though she is quite scary, she's not a cow.

You take that back!  :batman

Bjalf

Quote from: Congo Jack on August 11, 2010, 01:58:58 PM
Quote from: Bjalf on August 10, 2010, 02:53:06 AM

Edit:

You take that back!  :batman

Nevah!

:veryevil