04/10/10 [DMFA #1103] Sweet, comfortable vengance.

Started by MelSkunk, April 10, 2010, 01:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

Interesting. I was wondering yesterday if Dan was going to tell Matilda what Regina and Dark Pegasus looked like so she would recognize them if they walked into her shop.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I definitely wouldn't mind if Matilda was to lay on me like that....   >:3

I'd counter with a tickle that would lead to a sweet, sweet pillow fight...... :3.........ah, maybe Dan should try this tactic!  :D

Psychedelic Mushroom

Matilda's feet....panel three.... Ultimate adorable win. These two are so cute together. And it hasn't hit me until now just how large Matilda is to Dan..  :U She didn't look nearly that big when they were walking togeher.. She's still adorable non the less!!!! :3

Drayco84

Quote from: Kipiru on April 10, 2010, 06:28:55 AM
I fear to think what would happen to Dan if at some point Matilda has to be "on top"...  >:3
You get... FURRAE DARWIN AWARDS! (This post proudly brought to you by 1/3rd a can of chocolate frosting and caffeine!)

Crushed Cubi
2010 At-Risk Survivor
Unconfirmed By Darwin
LOST LAKE INN, A retired adventurer attempting to pass on his genes will have to wait some time before his next "adventue". Daniel Ti'Fiona, was admitted to the local hospital for a crushed pelvis that he "got while trying to wrestle with an owlbear". His girlfriend, Matilda Kissriss, however, told us the real story. It turns out, they were trying to get "intimate" and Ti'Fiona insisted that his lady should be on top...

"It was working out well until I heard this horrible crunching sound and Dan got this look of horrible, nightmarish pain on his face..." She explained,

"Eh, Dan's done stupider stuff than this." Pyroduck, resident smart-aleck stated. "I have little doubt that he'll make a full recovery, given a month or two. Of course, since most 'taurs weigh over three hundred pounds, this was to be expected when using that position."

"I don't know him... I really don't..." Another local replied, who only identified herself as "Alexsi".

Another individual, who we were informed was known as Abel, couldn't stop laughing long enough to comment.

Another of Dan's friends, known only as Mab, was too busy trying to pry her drake off of the cameraman to comment.

Despite the fact that he was heavily sedated, Ti'Fiona had a few words to say about his experience.... "Whoo-Hoo! I had Snoo-snoo!"

We only hope that when he succeeds, his offspring get their mother's intelligence...

Lucheek

Ghostwish

Drayco, I can't decide whether or not you should be rewarded or shot for making that post.  :mowhappy

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Shachza on April 10, 2010, 07:06:57 AM"DAN!  SHE'S EXPOSED HER BELLY, IT'S HER ONE WEAK SPOT AND YOUR ONLY HOPE!  GO FOR THE TUMMY TICKLE, IT'LL RENDER HER HELPLESS!!!"   :3

Heh, a tickle attack is indeed the right thing to do, though this image also springs to mind .

:D

Quote from: Shachza on April 10, 2010, 07:06:57 AMP.S.  If relationships do get started it'll be a refreshing change.  I'm thoroughly sick of the standard anime "we like eachother when all alone, but we never get in a relationship because we can't admit our feelings in public."  See also: Kagomi and Inu Yasha.  So frustrating!

Oh god yes, I'm so with you there - God forbid we were to show some affection in public !!
The Ai Yori Aoshi was basically build over that whole concept.

So frustrating and annoying.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

McKathlin

Dan and Matilda are so cute!  Squeeee!     :mowhappy

So, Dan's afraid of putting the girl he dates at risk.  It's understandable that he has that concern in the general case, and it speaks well of his chivalry.  But in this case, this is arm-severing fire-Mythos Matilda we're talking about!  I'm pretty sure she can defend herself against a few little demons.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Rambon

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 10, 2010, 12:32:31 PM
I fear to think what would happen to Dan if at some point Matilda has to be "on top"...  >:3
You get... FURRAE DARWIN AWARDS! (This post proudly brought to you by 1/3rd a can of chocolate frosting and caffeine!)

Crushed Cubi
2010 At-Risk Survivor
Unconfirmed By Darwin
LOST LAKE INN, A retired adventurer attempting to pass on his genes will have to wait some time before his next "adventue". Daniel Ti'Fiona, was admitted to the local hospital for a crushed pelvis that he "got while trying to wrestle with an owlbear". His girlfriend, Matilda Kissriss, however, told us the real story. It turns out, they were trying to get "intimate" and Ti'Fiona insisted that his lady should be on top...

"It was working out well until I heard this horrible crunching sound and Dan got this look of horrible, nightmarish pain on his face..." She explained,

"Eh, Dan's done stupider stuff than this." Pyroduck, resident smart-aleck stated. "I have little doubt that he'll make a full recovery, given a month or two. Of course, since most 'taurs weigh over three hundred pounds, this was to be expected when using that position."

"I don't know him... I really don't..." Another local replied, who only identified herself as "Alexsi".

Another individual, who we were informed was known as Abel, couldn't stop laughing long enough to comment.

Another of Dan's friends, known only as Mab, was too busy trying to pry her drake off of the cameraman to comment.

Despite the fact that he was heavily sedated, Ti'Fiona had a few words to say about his experience.... "Whoo-Hoo! I had Snoo-snoo!"

We only hope that when he succeeds, his offspring get their mother's intelligence...

You have earned the "This is the most hilarious thing I've read all day" award. And a cookie... never forget the cookie

Icalasari

Crushed Cubi
2010 At-Risk Survivor
Unconfirmed By Darwin

The only reason I would say this could never happen is because Pip would come out of no where and save him just because he wants to be the one to kill him :3
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Psychedelic Mushroom

Quote from: Rambon on April 10, 2010, 04:22:25 PM
You have earned the "This is the most hilarious thing I've read all day" award. And a cookie... never forget the cookie
I nearly died laughing reading Drayco's post. I can' believe I even remembered the "Snoo-Snoo" referance. >XD!!!! I can't feel my lungs!!! Ahahahaha!!!!

Naldru

Should this be indexed with the canard about Catherine the Great's death while supposedly involved in similar activities.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Armok

Agreed 'baut the abdorable! ^_^

Matilda has always been my favourite char, and she's cementing that for every appearance she makes in the comic...

TypoNinja

While it is indeed adorable, I'm more curious about the black boxes along the bottom of panel three. I can't figure out what they are.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I think it's the backside of the television and adjacent objects seen in panel one.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Drayco84

Interesting... I can't even re-read the thing while trying to drink... It didn't seem quite as funny when I was writing it for some reason...

I was originally planning of having somebody claiming to be his best friend while mocking him, (Prolly Wildy...) but I think it worked out better this way. Most news reports rarely interview every inhabitant and most likely, the Inn would be getting the phone call.

And I doubt Pip would save him as he would live, (Remember that it says "At-Risk Survivor" up at the top.) although he'll have to endure a lot of pain. (But that's why they make painkillers!)

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: McKathlin on April 10, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
So, Dan's afraid of putting the girl he dates at risk.  It's understandable that he has that concern in the general case, and it speaks well of his chivalry.  But in this case, this is arm-severing fire-Mythos Matilda we're talking about!  I'm pretty sure she can defend herself against a few little demons.
Hey! I was going to post that... Hrmf. (Or, in other words, quoted for truth)
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Madd the Sane on April 10, 2010, 01:17:38 AM
And do I see Gargoyles on the TV? Cool!

Try Alien Dice.

Quote from: John Roh on April 10, 2010, 05:38:10 AM
O_O boobs again ... I mean ahem ... hey err thats got be like having a horse laying on you ouch.

Naw, just a small pony.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Pvblivs

Dan and Matilda are so cute!  Squeeee!     :mowhappy

So, Dan's afraid of putting the girl he dates at risk.  It's understandable that he has that concern in the general case, and it speaks well of his chivalry.  But in this case, this is arm-severing fire-Mythos Matilda we're talking about!  I'm pretty sure she can defend herself against a few little demons.

Or, he's making excuses not to see her.  After all, we must remember this and this.    :)

SCKnight14

So are we going to see Dan and Matilda kiss soon, like real soon!?  I want to see them kiss!
Amber stop torturing us by delaying the kiss of the century!
:valentine

Ahem...comedy aside, I'm going to have to say that Dan is acutally enjoying that.

SoWhatIfImFurry

Crushed Cubi
2010 At-Risk Survivor
Unconfirmed By Darwin

*Snirk* PFFFTBWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA~! Oh my gods, I can't breathe! BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA~!!

liari

:mowdizzy  Overload of cute has killed me....  Aw, I really do like them as a couple.

McKathlin

Quote from: Pvblivs on April 10, 2010, 09:09:28 PM

So, Dan's afraid of putting the girl he dates at risk.  It's understandable that he has that concern in the general case, and it speaks well of his chivalry.  But in this case, this is arm-severing fire-Mythos Matilda we're talking about!  I'm pretty sure she can defend herself against a few little demons.

Or, he's making excuses not to see her.  After all, we must remember this and this.    :)

Yeah, you're right.  This isn't just chivalry; he's relationship-shy.  He enjoys spending time around Matilda, for sure, but she's been coming on really strong before he's sure about the relationship idea.  And he still might have some of the not-comfortable-with-himself issues. 

Anyway, have I mentioned that I enjoy these two together?  :mowsmile  Oh yeah.  I have.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

SCKnight14

Quote from: McKathlin on April 11, 2010, 07:33:11 PM
Quote from: Pvblivs on April 10, 2010, 09:09:28 PM

Yeah, you're right.  This isn't just chivalry; he's relationship-shy.  He enjoys spending time around Matilda, for sure, but she's been coming on really strong before he's sure about the relationship idea.  And he still might have some of the not-comfortable-with-himself issues. 

Anyway, have I mentioned that I enjoy these two together?  :mowsmile  Oh yeah.  I have.

I like this couple too.

Naldru

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 10, 2010, 12:58:41 PM
Quote from: Shachza on April 10, 2010, 07:06:57 AM"DAN!  SHE'S EXPOSED HER BELLY, IT'S HER ONE WEAK SPOT AND YOUR ONLY HOPE!  GO FOR THE TUMMY TICKLE, IT'LL RENDER HER HELPLESS!!!"   :3

Heh, a tickle attack is indeed the right thing to do, though this image also springs to mind .

When I rub my cat's stomach, she play fights with her teeth and claws going after my hand.  At least I assume it's play fighting since she doesn't draw any blood.  She goes after the other cat the same way.

I have this picture in my mind of Matilda breathing fire when content.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

SCKnight14

Some cats don't like to have their bellies rubbed.  Of course, some cats will scratch you because they think you're playing with them.  I should know.  I have the scars to prove it.  :januscat

Now back to the topic...

I think we should update Dan's bio and change his status from single to dating Matilda.  I'm beginning to see a serious relationship starting to develop.  Provided a certain zebra demoness doesn't mess things up.  Come to think of it, I wonder what Dan and Matilda did the night they went back to Matilda's house.  She offered him a drink.  Did they get drunk on 1945 Scotch or 1883 French white wine, and fall asleep?  Did they kiss?  Did they make out!?  Will Destania discover her daughter is in love with a dragon!?  Amber, you're tormenting me with these trivial, yet important questions!! :kefka

Tune in next time where we'll hear the crusty old adventurer who was Dan's least favorite professor say, "Hey big man, give me a dollar!"

AriRashkae

Quote from: TypoNinja on April 10, 2010, 07:38:45 PM
While it is indeed adorable, I'm more curious about the black boxes along the bottom of panel three. I can't figure out what they are.

Looks to me like the back of the TV and speaker.  :mowcookie

Anker Steadfast

I think one of the reasons that Dan is so comfortable around Matilda, is the fact that she's immune to his Incubus Charm magic .. thing.
So he doesn't have to watch himself, sorta speak, which means he can relax properly.

Plus she's wonderfully silly and they do mesh well together.
Not sure if it'll become serious.

It could, but then again, it could also be one of those "we flirt because we like to tease a good friend" kind of friendships that happens every now and then. They are pretty much a best buddy kind of friendship, with the added spice of flirting for the fun of it, knowing nothing serious will happen. You'd be surprised how far you can take such a friendship.

I once had such an odd friendship with a girl called Sarah, and we were both in relationships with someone else as well.
My GF of the time, had at least two or three people tell her each day that I was being unfaithful to her because of my friendship with Sarah.
Likewise, Sarah's boyfriend was getting the same notices. And the simple reason was that we were probably flirting more with eachother, than with our better halves. Once we were almost making out in the middle of a restaurant while double dating. How my GF never got angry at me over it, I shall never understand. We did that silly flirt thing for almost a year and then suddenly it just stopped and we continued as regular friends. Offcourse then my Gf suddenly became worried as hell, asking me if there was something wrong between me and Sarah.

That was kinda weird.
Now I think of it, Sarah knew Guy-Lingo too.
She was a brother in arms crime!!

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.