Clan Leader Wallpapers!

Started by Liatai, March 31, 2010, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Liatai on April 02, 2010, 09:56:34 AM
I know that you can do this in Paint, Photoshop, and the GIMP, but I don't know about any other image programs (I think they'd work the same); just open the image, click "Save As," delete the .png part of the file, and save it as a JPEG (replace the .png with .jpg). I think most computers can use JPEGs as backgrounds, so that should help. c:

Just changing the extension in the name doesn't make it a different type, you need to select the type in the filetype dropdown (usually below the filename). Usually this will also result in automatically changing the name extension.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 02, 2010, 03:44:34 PM
There's a simple fix to the problem, open the picture in an instance of Internet Explorer browser, rightclick it and select "use as wallpaper", this will save a .BMP version of itin the windows system folder, named "internet explorer wallpaper.bmp", or something in that vein, which works just fine as a wallpaper. :)

Firefox (at least v3.6) has this option too, "Set As Desktop Background".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Liatai on April 02, 2010, 09:56:34 AM
I know that you can do this in Paint, Photoshop, and the GIMP, but I don't know about any other image programs (I think they'd work the same); just open the image, click "Save As," delete the .png part of the file, and save it as a JPEG (replace the .png with .jpg). I think most computers can use JPEGs as backgrounds, so that should help. c:
Just so you know, in at least windows XP & later(not sure about 95/98/NT/2k), background images can be PNG/GIF/JPG/BMP. However, it may or may not give a right-click option to set it depending on the type. If it doesn't give such an option, simply right-click on your desktop > properties. Bring up the "background" tab, and there should be a "browse" button where you can select the file you want. If you do it that way, it should work no problem.

Do note that Windows appears to convert the image to a 24-bit BMP file which it actually uses - so the type shouldn't matter, so long as Windows can read and convert it.

On Linux/KDE, I can use PNG/JPG/XCF/SVG. BMP and GIF don't appear in its filter-list, but -can- be used.

On OSX, I'm pretty sure PNG/JPG work, not sure about BMP or other formats.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Naldru

There was an April's Fools joke that involved setting the background to a modified view of the desktop.  I'm not going to go into the full details here because some of the forumites already have too many ways of not acting nice.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.