03/08/10 [FC#03] - Rapid Answering

Started by OminousShadow, March 07, 2010, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sind

God damn it Mason, stop being so darned awesome, it's confusing >-<

Roach Lord

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Stig Hemmer

I was still giggling from "bed hair" when I was hit by "legally adult".  Recovering from this strip is going to take some time... :giggle
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

VAE

does anyone else think mason's rendition of himself resembles Tycho from fallout 1?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on March 07, 2010, 11:49:31 PM
This is going to continually drive me bonkers I want to know if Mink is a he or a she

Mink could be both! heh

nicoreon the tyrannical

well considering how little we know about Mink's non Cubi side, that was acutely informative when you think about it. gust not vary.

Ry

I think "Mink is Mink" sums it up.  Does Mink have to be anything?

And on the breasts with the Alexi thing- Maybe they just stuffed socks in the bra so that they didn't have to do any more shifting magic on him than necessary... That's what I'd do.  Unless they showed cleavage, I don't remember.
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 08, 2010, 07:24:39 PMI still say Mink is one of "those".... :3
If so- then the answer is "Mink is a woman" and the question is "So how come a shape-shifter gal is running around breastless? Fell asleep in class too many times there?".  I think Mink just defies labels.

And on the "That's why we'll never know"- same thing as the "What is Abel's orientation". People wondered and eventually it was answered in comic.  So Mink still has a chance.

Scow2

Why do people find it so hard to believe that Cubi are capable of physically changing gender? Even if it doesn't necessarily capable of reproducing as their opposite gender, it doesn't mean that everything else about them isn't real///

As far as Dan's Alexi boobs go: They are either 100% genuine, created through Abel's quick, painful transformation spell such as D&D's Alter Self (Applied to another instead, though), or a semireal/semi- or non-tangible illusion, as per Change Self.

And even if there is a magical complete DNA-recoding sex-change operation that only works once or twice for Beings or Creatures, a Cubi's shapeshifting nature may give them a racial exemption, their inherent racial abilities making them able to freely change their gender at-will. Sort of like how magic is required for a being or human to physically regrow a lost limb, but most reptiles and many crustaceons can do so naturally if given enough time.

Mao

I'd question why people have such a hard time with the concept of a 'neither' gender in a fictional realm where God-like Fae and Dragons roam around and creatures with biology so alien to humans are common place.  Does it really seem so hard to accept that Mink may not have a traditional gender?

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 11, 2010, 08:44:51 AM
I'd question why people have such a hard time with the concept of a 'neither' gender in a fictional realm where God-like Fae and Dragons roam around and creatures with biology so alien to humans are common place.  Does it really seem so hard to accept that Mink may not have a traditional gender?

But then all those fanfic writers would have nothing to do!  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

I'd question why people have such a hard time with the concept of a 'neither' gender in a fictional realm where God-like Fae and Dragons roam around and creatures with biology so alien to humans are common place.  Does it really seem so hard to accept that Mink may not have a traditional gender?

Yes, that is kind of aggravating.
For instance, the Puppeteers in Larry Niven's universe had three sexes, two 'males' and one female.
IIRC the creatures in 'Star Beast' by Robert Heinlein had at least six different sexes, and required the cooperation of at least four individuals in order to mate successfully.

Then again, I guess you have to be a complete anorak like me to have read those...  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 11, 2010, 09:01:03 AM
For instance, the Puppeteers in Larry Niven's universe had three sexes, two 'males' and one female.
IIRC the creatures in 'Star Beast' by Robert Heinlein had at least six different sexes, and required the cooperation of at least four individuals in order to mate successfully.

Then again, I guess you have to be a complete anorak like me to have read those...  :B

Hey, I totally resemble that remark!     :animesweat

D'ymkarra

More to the point, for those that remember the comic's roots lie in FurC, which indeed had three specific genders for furrae: Male, female, and 'unspecified'...perhaps said ambiguity is entirely intentional?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Tapewolf

Just to throw more oil on the fire, check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8561814.stm
...a study on what determines the sex of chickens.  It puts a whole new twist to the phrase "in touch with your female side".

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 11, 2010, 05:22:44 PM
Just to throw more oil on the fire, check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8561814.stm
...a study on what determines the sex of chickens.  It puts a whole new twist to the phrase "in touch with your female side".

Yeah ... but are they anoraks ?
Do they join other anoraks an rallysport gatherings ?

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 11, 2010, 09:01:03 AM

In Alien Nation (the series at least) there were only two, male and female, but it took 2 males to produce a child, one I think acting as a catalyst.

QuoteThen again, I guess you have to be a complete anorak like me to have read those...  :B

Never heard of that term.

EDIT: looked it up on wikipedia... You're a parka?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Attic Rat

Mink is...

A character in an online comic.  :mwaha
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 13, 2010, 12:10:20 AM
QuoteThen again, I guess you have to be a complete anorak like me to have read those...  :B

Never heard of that term.

EDIT: looked it up on wikipedia... You're a parka?

It's a reference to the sort of parka worn by trainspotters, back a few years, before geeks took over the world. Obviously, it's not something you'd pick up outside of the UK, generally speaking - since, after all, it's UK slang for jacket. And then UK slang for wet, soppy sorts who wear said jacket and stand in the rain for hours writing down the times and numbers of trains as they go past...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 13, 2010, 06:19:30 AM
It's a reference to the sort of parka worn by trainspotters, back a few years, before geeks took over the world. Obviously, it's not something you'd pick up outside of the UK, generally speaking - since, after all, it's UK slang for jacket. And then UK slang for wet, soppy sorts who wear said jacket and stand in the rain for hours writing down the times and numbers of trains as they go past...

Yeah.  I figured most people would be able to work out roughly what I meant from the context, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, _I_ understood. But then, I would.

AmigaDragon seemed to have some trouble with it.

AmigaDragon

Being a rural American, I don't see how I could have gotten the "wet, soppy sorts who..." from a word I didn't know, or even from definition calling it a jacket. And in a week I'll probably have forgotten what it is. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

To be honest, it doesn't surprise me. Or even disappoint me. ;-]