01/09/10 [DMFA #1074] - Peanuts.

Started by !KCA, January 09, 2010, 05:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!KCA

I notice that he isn't allergic and that he didn't quite rule out peanut butter. Perhaps there is hope for this relationship, after all!

MT Hazard

she seems to have got over her horror/fear quickly, I guess it's real love  :)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Garsemor

How sweet, she's back to her old (love mode) self.

Tapewolf

I was half expecting her not to believe the sob-story, since what he's done would be exactly what you'd want to do if you really did have an agenda  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

A. Lurker

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 08:07:07 AM
I was half expecting her not to believe the sob-story, since what he's done would be exactly what you'd want to do if you really did have an agenda  >:3

Of course, it's also what you'd do if you were just being honest. So that 'knowledge' doesn't really help so much. :mowtongue

Tapewolf

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 09, 2010, 08:47:23 AM
Of course, it's also what you'd do if you were just being honest. So that 'knowledge' doesn't really help so much. :mowtongue

On the other hand, you have to consider the consequences of a mistake.  If Alexsi pushes off Pyroduck and he's innocent, well - there's other fish in the sea.
If Alexsi is engaged to Pyroduck and he's got an agenda, she's doomed her entire family and probably herself, "just to be sure".

bradypodidae

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 08:51:11 AM

On the other hand, you have to consider the consequences of a mistake.  If Alexsi pushes off Pyroduck and he's innocent, well - there's other fish in the sea.
If Alexsi is engaged to Pyroduck and he's got an agenda, she's doomed her entire family and probably herself, "just to be sure".

If he has an agenda, it is most likely tied closely to Fa'Lina's, which I doubt spells doom for Alexsi and family. However, I am not sure Pyroduck "accidentally" fell into contact with Alexsi do to a chance meeting with Dan during the Twinks escapade. I do not think he has opened up all the secrets to Alexsi. dun dun dunnnn....
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

A. Lurker

Sure. And if you keep pushing off all these 'other fish' because, well, you never know that they don't have agendas of their own either...

...well, that illustrates why caution is a survival trait, but paranoia is still a waste of time.

Besides, the more you push away potential friends 'just in case', the fewer people you'll have left to turn to when the ones actually out to get you come calling...

Keleth

This will work out, After all Fa'lina wants grandbabies!
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 09, 2010, 09:21:44 AM
Sure. And if you keep pushing off all these 'other fish' because, well, you never know that they don't have agendas of their own either...
...well, that illustrates why caution is a survival trait, but paranoia is still a waste of time.

Yes, but Alexsi is in a singularly awkward position.  It isn't paranoia when they really are after all your loved ones.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 09:33:56 AM
Yes, but Alexsi is in a singularly awkward position.  It isn't paranoia when they really are after all your loved ones.

All the better to seize the opportunity of one of 'them' actually wanting to be friends by the throat, then! Worst case, you at least know where one of your suspects is most of the time... :D

Keleth

I'm pretty sure Pyroduck isn't after their family XD

He's had many opportunities to do it, and is good friends with Mab and Fa'lina.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_730.php

Unless you guys are just making wild conspiracy theories cuz. . that's what you do.
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drathorin on January 09, 2010, 10:20:46 AM
Unless you guys are just making wild conspiracy theories cuz. . that's what you do.

No, this is called "looking at it from Alexsi's point of view".  We have seen Fa'Lina talking to Pyroduck and can be pretty sure that he's on her side and that what he's saying right now is true.  Alexsi does not have this benefit, or any thought/emotion reading capabilities.  All she has to go on is what Pyroduck is telling her, and as far as she knows, he could just be a good actor.

A. Lurker

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_730.php

Hey, wild conspiracy theories are tons of fun! Try one yourself sometime! :D

Actually, I've spent quite a bit of time pondering the subject of "trust" recently working on what might, with luck and a lot of patience, one day turn into fan fiction for another setting. In the process, I've kind of come to the conclusion that you just can't resolve trust issues rationally -- no matter what you think you know about somebody, if they're a good enough actor and playing a deep enough game it could all turn out to be a bunch of lies. (DMFA canon case in point: Aniz.) And since you probably don't have a handy way of spotting those folks among others, you'd basically have to suspect everybody just to make sure...

Long story short, I've decided that at some point you're just going to have to make that leap of faith. Otherwise you're stuck unable to trust anybody ever, and that's not exactly going to help you in the long run either.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 10:44:15 AM

No, this is called "looking at it from Alexsi's point of view".  We have seen Fa'Lina talking to Pyroduck and can be pretty sure that he's on her side and that what he's saying right now is true.  Alexsi does not have this benefit, or any thought/emotion reading capabilities.  All she has to go on is what Pyroduck is telling her, and as far as she knows, he could just be a good actor.

Also the fact that he did not come right out and explain the situation earlier to Alexi before they dated is kind of awkward as well. From Alexi's position and with what she knows, it would be more likely to assume some kind of plot or at least motive for himself. Besides, how likely is it that he knows Fa'Lina and that she raised him? It would be wise to find out this fact first hand than just believe him. But love is blind in certain situations. Not that that is a bad thing  :)
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

inuhanyo

As Pyroduck himself noted earlier, if he had a hostile agenda, it would have been best to just keep his mouth shut about his nature.  Only if his intentions are ... um, honorable, does it make sense to tell Alexsi that he's a dragon.

So, I expect a scene switch back to Dan and Matilda is immanent.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on January 09, 2010, 12:36:53 PM
As Pyroduck himself noted earlier, if he had a hostile agenda, it would have been best to just keep his mouth shut about his nature.  Only if his intentions are ... um, honorable, does it make sense to tell Alexsi that he's a dragon.
Perhaps.  Abel and Aary both recognised him for what he is, though.  Abel freaked the moment he saw him, Aary wasn't quite sure and was then promptly distracted.  Point is, it's possible to tell if you know what you're looking for.
Though I suppose that could cut either way, depending on how many levels of bluff he could be calling  :P

QuoteSo, I expect a scene switch back to Dan and Matilda is immanent.
I don't think that's the word you meant  :P

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2010, 12:42:42 PM
So, I expect a scene switch back to Dan and Matilda is immanent.
I don't think that's the word you meant  :P

Yeah, spellcheckers only make sure words are spelled correctly, not that the word is the one you intended. :tongue

Ted Schiller

(snip)

I don't think that's the word you meant  :P
Well, a discussion in a restaurant is certainly within the limits of possible experience or knowledge. For most of us, however, what the Fae do is transcendent.    :mowwink

With regards,
Ted

PS editing done   :sweatdrop

Ted Schiller

That is why she is pretending to believe him, so-worst case-he believes his brillant plan is working, giving her time to check out his story.  Destania taught her well.  :D

With regards,
Ted

Lego3400

Quote from: Ted Schiller on January 09, 2010, 01:42:37 PM
(snip)

I don't think that's the word you meant  :P
Well, a discussion in a restaurant is certainly within the limits of possible experience or knowledge. For most of us, however, what the Fae do is transcendent.    :mowwink

With regards,
Ted

PS editing done   :sweatdrop

With what we learned from Mabs parent,s it's probably better fae don't talk in restaurants at all, less they end up underwater.

Lucheek

I agree with you there Pyroduck. I find the strip either really downcast (oddly enough for what-are-supposed-to-be small children), preachy, or just over all a sense of Meh. Expecially after Mr. Shultz's death, and the fact that my local paper still runs Peanuts daily with a 1/3 page dedicated to the strip on Sundays. I know there are a lot of other comics in the world, good comics, that are being over looked to play re-runs of it. I think a lot of people need to let go or just by the comic treasuries instead of insisting it's reruns in the paper of out-dated, lacklust 50's-type settings and humour.

Naldru

My personal opinion is that when in doubt, one should always be nice to people.  You can always rip their throat out later.

The old saying is that one should keep their friends close and their enemies closer.  On that basis, Alexsis should stay near Pyroduck whatever the truth turns out to be.  Just keep a big stick (or hammer in her case) handy.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

Lets not forget that Alexi has the opportunity to check if he's telling the truth by simply asking Fa'Lina about it.
I guess she could also ask the Phoenix oracle, but I doubt she'd get a useful answer.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 12, 2010, 05:05:38 AM
Lets not forget that Alexi has the opportunity to check if he's telling the truth by simply asking Fa'Lina about it.
I don't think it's really that simple.  Dan has Fi and she could borrow it, but Fa'Lina doesn't strike me as someone you can just phone up if you have a question, especially if you're not a 'Cubi.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2010, 05:14:22 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 12, 2010, 05:05:38 AM
I don't think it's really that simple.  Dan has Fi and she could borrow it, but Fa'Lina doesn't strike me as someone you can just phone up if you have a question, especially if you're not a 'Cubi.

Or she could just ask Mab for help.  Since Mab has been a friend of Dan's since he was a kid, she's known Mab a long time.  Granted, like all Fae, Mab comes across as flakey, but still she's someone Alexsi trusts.