And Now For Something Completley Uncalled For (27/01/2010)

Started by The Only Man Ever, January 27, 2010, 08:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish?

One Fish
1 (25%)
Two Fish
0 (0%)
Red Fish
1 (25%)
Blue Fish
0 (0%)
Old Fish
0 (0%)
New Fish
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 3

The Only Man Ever

Well, now begins the sketch thread.
my "Style" of art is constantly changing so all images can be subject to change.
Also contains photos of things not drawn but, well, photographed.
And here we have a few things to get me thread started.
I will be posting in secondary to this when my uploading goes faster. (Done)
Feel free to comment as you see fit, as well browse at your leisure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INDEXING NOW:

This block contains images of an older nature (ie. Pre-Registration but less than 6 months old) :
Kay Amanda Harris (Promotions)

Dark Sabre

Slight Promotions

King #2

Erik #1

Imperial Guard #1 (Links to another Forum site.)

Erik #2

Omekah Royal Infantry (Links to FurAf)

Stealth/Combat Armour Mk. 30 pt.2

Stealth/Combat Armour Mk. 30

Random Orc Drawing

Iosef Petr Tcharkov

Aeode

Kalyna Amanda Harris

Erik pt.2 (Links to FurAf)

North Omeka Confederate Nations

Stealth Combat Armour mk.30.1
End Pre-reg block

Now begins the new(er) art.

Erik #4

Erik #5

Erik #6

NOCN #2

ROUL

AEOS #1

The Only Man Ever

Now begins the new(er) art.

Erik Petr Vyacheslav
A (Furry) character I had come up with years ago. A few months ago I came across drawings and decided for old times sake to pick up the character again just for fun.

Some recent face sketches of same character.

The most recent of my drawings of Erik. Did this one last night in response to a commission done for some guy on a different forum.

-->Furry not take your fancy? We (read: I) have other things.<--
Here commences (At least in these parts.) my Sci-Fi creation pride and joy. A race I have been working on for the past 10-ish years.
I could post the back stories and what not but that would take a while. A LONG while.

Northern Omeka Confederate Nations Soldier. A rather bland sketch of a NOC reloading his weapon.
(The official Uniform of the NOCN can be viewed above.)

The helmet designed for the Royal Omeka United Legion. The writing on the helmet is much to 'unsavoury' to post here but you can read the first two words in the sketch.

Official Allied East Omeka States Uniform.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Can we have any background information on this Erik character?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Well, a lot of vikings settled in the Kiev area, so an Erik Petr Vyacheslav could conceivably be a viking, if such a thing works in the setting. But I really meant the character with the leper sign.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

The Only Man Ever

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 27, 2010, 10:06:09 AM
To be honest I havn't much for him.
He was just a character I created for fun I guess.

WhiteFox

I like the facial studies. I dunno why you scribbled them out, though.

On the Most Recent Drawing of Eric, if his right leg is up, his right arm should be back. Of course, then he'd look like he had no arms at all. I love the folds in his pants.

As for the Omeca... pretty cool lookin'.  I like the reloading pic most, actually. Very dynamic pose.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

GabrielsThoughts

I'm not an expert, but I think the reason the artist scribbled out the faces in the facial study was because they were inconsistent. for instance the last one is smaller and  has more of a pudge face than the second,  and in the second  the nose probably wasn't aligned right, although it's difficult to tell. personally, my problem is usually  eye alignment and facial structure, of course after a certain point there are other tells such as hair shape, nose shape, or outfit,  that remain consistent enough that it  allows for gestalt recognition.

That said the bird-monkeys-aliens are freaking weird.   
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

WhiteFox

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 29, 2010, 09:07:29 PM
I'm not an expert, but I think the reason the artist scribbled out the faces in the facial study was because they were inconsistent.
Usually, if I do a half a dozen sketches of a characters face, it's because I'm trying to figure out what I want their head to look like. That being the case, the inconsistencies are actually the objective. You gotta experiment to find the look you want.

But then, you know, I try not to presume to speak on behalf of the artist.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 29, 2010, 09:07:29 PM
That said the bird-monkeys-aliens are freaking weird.   
I thought they looked kind of like turtles.

Quote from: The Only Man Ever on January 27, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 27, 2010, 10:06:09 AM
To be honest I havn't much for him.
He was just a character I created for fun I guess.
There oughta be more characters like that in fiction.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...