11/07/09 [DMFA #1058] - Why does Abel attract the needy types?

Started by Joe3210, November 07, 2009, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on November 08, 2009, 07:32:28 AMNot necessarily. Could be metallic dragons.
I first thought about mythos, but I thought maybe Pyroduck called some cousins to provide a display for the evening.

If anything it's liable to be Mer, I'd say.  The sea being their domain and all.  I highly doubt it's something Pyroduck has caused - after all, a pair of dragons popping up out of nowhere is liable to scare the stuffing out of everyone.  Also, I think it's a fairly safe bet that Pyroduck, being adopted by Fa'Lina, was 'Cubi-raised and unlikely to get on particularly well with his brethren.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

The creatures in panel two are definately Mythos. 

As for the belt, there is a reason it isn't on Matilda right now, but that will get revealed at a later point.  But if peeps do need to know, she had to check it in at the front desk.  It is probably easy to figure out the why and whatfors when one remembers what line of work Matilda deals in.

Wanderer

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 08, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
As for the belt, there is a reason it isn't on Matilda right now, but that will get revealed at a later point.  But if peeps do need to know, she had to check it in at the front desk.  It is probably easy to figure out the why and whatfors when one remembers what line of work Matilda deals in.
Ah, I see. I was afraid to comment clearly on it, for fear that it was some sort of mistake and I'd get lynched. So, there are rules against bringing magical homes into restaurants? Hmm...

Amber Williams

Quote from: Wanderer on November 08, 2009, 08:54:06 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 08, 2009, 08:03:03 AM
Ah, I see. I was afraid to comment clearly on it, for fear that it was some sort of mistake and I'd get lynched. So, there are rules against bringing magical homes into restaurants? Hmm...

Well, lets just say a few restaurants that offer endless shrimp or bottomless margaritas...tend to not feel comfortable when someone is walking in with an item that lets them have near infinite storage capacity.

Tycoon

QuoteWell, lets just say a few restaurants that offer endless shrimp or bottomless margaritas...tend to not feel comfortable when someone is walking in with an item that lets them have near infinite storage capacity.

Avogadro's Belt of Infinite Shrimp? Just when I thought the pantheon of magical items couldn't get much more excellent.

Also, I'm totally digging Alexsi and Pyro's part of the night.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: LigerJet on November 07, 2009, 09:42:37 PM
Aleksi looks like Dan from behind.

That's because they're siblings.  Also, what Inuhanyo said:

Quote from: inuhanyo on November 07, 2009, 11:24:21 PM
Wings, eye color, hair color, gender.  But aside from those, Alexsi and Dan resemble each other far more than one would expect from even full siblings.

Makes me wonder if Alexsi's mom wasn't also a Succubus, and the 'Cubi traits didn't take.   Of the four amazons we've seen, one's a Being, one's a Dragon, one's a Mythos, and one was Undead.   So a Succubus Amazon seems quite possible.

Escher

Quote from: Tycoon on November 08, 2009, 10:15:07 AM
QuoteWell, lets just say a few restaurants that offer endless shrimp or bottomless margaritas...tend to not feel comfortable when someone is walking in with an item that lets them have near infinite storage capacity.

Avogadro's Belt of Infinite Shrimp? Just when I thought the pantheon of magical items couldn't get much more excellent.

Sure, you say that now, but try saying that again when those shrimp begin to decompose...
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Ted Schiller

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
What do you do with a drunken adventurer
Er Lye in the morning?

With regards,
Ted

bradypodidae

Quote from: Ted Schiller on November 08, 2009, 12:29:29 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Er Lye in the morning?

With regards,
Ted

Put her in the hold with the Pip the Drake,
Earl-eye in the morning!

I would be more interested in the response 'Cubi as a race would have if one of their own became an Adventurer. IIRC, 'Cubi like to keep their secrets close to the vest and I do not think someone spilling secrets to outsiders would be taken very lightly. I do not think Dan's dream of returning to the life as an Adventurer has much of a chance to be realized.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Ted Schiller

Put 'er in th' bed with the Captain's daughter
Then write stories that you hadn't otter
Which just proves you're a dirty rotter
Er Lye in the morning.
   :rolleyes

With regards,
Ted

Lego3400

Quote from: Ted Schiller on November 08, 2009, 02:00:54 PM
Er Lye in the morning.

With regards,
Ted

I don't think Lost lake has any captains or any daughters of captains for that matter. It does have plenty of beds though.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 08, 2009, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: Ted Schiller on November 08, 2009, 02:00:54 PM
Er Lye in the morning.

With regards,
Ted

I don't think Lost lake has any captains or any daughters of captains for that matter. It does have plenty of beds though.

Of course, in story it could be:
Then tell stories that you hadn't otter
Er Lye in the morning.

But her adventurer friends would never do that, right? 

With regards,
Ted

Arapaima

Drunken folk; all the fun of a barrel full of monkeys, without the claws.
Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arapaima on November 08, 2009, 03:17:34 PM
Drunken folk; all the fun of a barrel full of monkeys, without the claws.
Unless Gen has been declawed for some reason, that may not be the case here...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kenway975

Quote from: Escher on November 08, 2009, 11:52:48 AM

Sure, you say that now, but try saying that again when those shrimp begin to decompose...
It depends on how the Belt works. Some items of extra-dimensional holding causes the contents to go into stasis. If I remember correctly gloves of holding work that way, so you can put a light torch in one and when you remove it again, it has not burned down and is still light.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Kenway975 on November 08, 2009, 04:30:12 PM

It depends on how the Belt works. Some items of extra-dimensional holding causes the contents to go into stasis. If I remember correctly gloves of holding work that way, so you can put a light torch in one and when you remove it again, it has not burned down and is still light.

That's probably how a Horn of Plenty works, and most appropriate since Thanksgiving is coming up here in the US.

Icon by Sunblink

inuhanyo

What Matilda sells are magically emplaced homes in objects.  Imagine one with pantry and full sized freezers.   Not infinite storage capacity, but certainly enough to store an entire buffet line in.  "All you can eat" is supposed to apply only to one sitting,  not "over the course of the next year".

And I've been in runs where characters did, by diverse means, make sure of their provisions in something like this way.  Usually not merely decent provisions, but even gourmet meals.  One version I came up with was a bento box that could hold up to a months supply of meals.

joshofspam

Well the dates are going great.

All we need is a crow bar to pry Gen of Abel and all will be well.

I guess it was a liquor beverage after all.

Though I wonder if Fa'Lina saw this coming and hinted that Abel should socialize more because he couldn't escape it any ways.

I Wonder if Abel's peers are laughing it up right now?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

inuhanyo

Quote from: joshofspam on November 08, 2009, 07:44:55 PM
Well the dates are going great.

All we need is a crow bar to pry Gen of Abel and all will be well.

I guess it was a liquor beverage after all.

Though I wonder if Fa'Lina saw this coming and hinted that Abel should socialize more because he couldn't escape it any ways.

I Wonder if Abel's peers are laughing it up right now?

Judging by the glasses in front of Gen, she's had at least three drinks.   Of increasing strength, by the sizes. (Roughly, the smaller the glass, the more potent the drink.  One of the glasses is a shot glass.)  And we have no idea of what her tolerance is.   She's clearly into the "confessing trouble to strangers" level of inebriation.  Well, it is an inn, so if she passes out, Abel has the option to put her into a room and charge her for it.  I wonder what her hangover is going to be like in the morning.

ooklah

aww! Abel has a friend! Abel take care of her! And then she finds out he's cubi, that will be fun. Yes, I'm gonna root for Gen and Abel   :mowwink
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

inuhanyo

Quote from: ooklah on November 08, 2009, 09:03:27 PM
aww! Abel has a friend! Abel take care of her! And then she finds out he's cubi, that will be fun. Yes, I'm gonna root for Gen and Abel   :mowwink

Oh, I'm sure Abel will be using everything he's learned at SAIA to avoid Gen finding out he's a 'Cubi.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2009, 06:40:29 AM
and a few disadvantages, like

• getting distracted easily.
  • overconfidence
  • Beings less likely to trust you
Overconfidence is a state of mind, it can be fixed.  Getting your butt handed to you like Dan just did is a good way to help, and it probably helps if you were an adventurer beforehand too.

As for the last one, the trick is not to let them know.  That means no tentacles except in emergency, but wandering around fully-winged among Beings is probably not a good idea anyway.

Dan's had to go around with his back wings showing his entire life,  but he certainly doesn't want to leave his headwings out.  Though that's more that he has issues with being an Incubus himself than anything else  Azlan also goes around with wings showing, so winged adventures are apparently not unheard of.  Dan has something of a reputation, in certain quarters.  "Didn't hear? He got vanquished by Ti'Fiona..."

Pvblivs

QuoteDan has something of a reputation, in certain quarters.  "Didn't hear? He got vanquished by Ti'Fiona..."
Well, that could be Dan or Edward.  But Dan is not unheard of among adventurers and if his wings disappeared, they might notice.
QuoteOh, I'm sure Abel will be using everything he's learned at SAIA to avoid Gen finding out he's a 'Cubi.
Assuming she hasn't already figured it out.  Gen is probably about as concerned with finding an incubus there as the rest of her party.
QuoteI would be more interested in the response 'Cubi as a race would have if one of their own became an Adventurer.
Well, Destania didn't seem to be discouraging the role of adventurer.

Caswin

First panel: Wow.  Dan went through with it, his date is going well, and ooh!  Sentence of backstory!-and-we're-gone.

Second panel: Also going well... wow, those are pretty dragon creatures.  Actually, I'm not sure what they are or exactly what they're doing there, but the atmosphere (if only for this one panel) is fantastic.
EDIT: Oh, Mythos?  Oh, Mythos...

Third panel: I feel strangely reluctant to admit that I want to see how this plays out.  Wow.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Pvblivs on November 08, 2009, 10:58:02 PM
QuoteDan has something of a reputation, in certain quarters.  "Didn't hear? He got vanquished by Ti'Fiona..."
Well, that could be Dan or Edward.  But Dan is not unheard of among adventurers and if his wings disappeared, they might notice.

I'm reasonably sure that this was a reference to Dan vanquishing Dark Pegasus.

Dan could only get away with hiding his backwings (without disguising himself otherwise) by disappearing into SAIA for a couple of centuries.  Come to think of it, that probably wouldn't work either, there are probably photographs of him outside of the family.  School yearbooks, adventurers records, newspapers or magizines, etc.

Alondro

*Charline grumps*  Why does everyone draw us lions as being weak to alcohol?   >:[

*Charles uhms*  Sekhmet...

*Charline grrs*  That wasn't Mom's fault!  The other gods set her up!   D:<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif