Tim Dawson

Started by Rakyth, August 12, 2009, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakyth

I guess they used to be rivals or something.

What exaclty happened there? I'm pretty sure I found out about DMFA through Tim's website, so I wanted to ask.

Edit:
Rather than post a new reply and bring this thread back up to the top, I'm modifying my current post.

I'm not sure why it was unlocked, either, as the question was answered and we all left good and happy about ourselves. At least, I hope so P:

Anyway, I'd like to take this chance to thank Amber for drawing that wonderful giftart of Iris. She's my favorite character of Tim's, and your art is the current background on my PSP. :D

Mao

Me thinks it's best to let sleeping dogs lay.

Amber Williams

I'm not sure why the thread was locked. Doing that is only going to make it seem like there is some big conspiracy or something.

I used to hang out on Tim's message board a lot when he was doing DragonTails daily. We actually were pretty decent friends. It just happened that life happened and we went our separate ways.  Of course its been years since Tim and I last talked so at most, there is just an awkward of "so hey. Sorry I havent talked to you in over 4 years."  But all in all I am wishing Tim the best and hope he is doing well.   He's mega talented and I would be suprised if he isn't doing well in life.

Damaris

I locked it mostly because it didn't need to be a discussion, and you can comment in locked threads.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, I wondered who'd done that.

... Not enough to go look, mind, but I did wonder in passing. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

I thought technically there doesn't need to be a discussion about anything around here.

And that only mods could post in locked threads.

Turnsky

i was mostly going

"...... who?"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Turnsky on August 13, 2009, 09:04:56 PM
i was mostly going

"...... who?"

Me too.  Who is Tim Dawson?

Icon by Sunblink

Damaris

Quote from: Sofox on August 13, 2009, 09:03:01 PM
I thought technically there doesn't need to be a discussion about anything around here.

And that only mods could post in locked threads.

There didn't need to be a discussion, because there was one answer that didn't need to be speculated about.

And yes, since Amber is a mod, she can post in locked threads.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Rakyth

Quote from: Turnsky on August 13, 2009, 09:04:56 PM
i was mostly going

"...... who?"

and then I was like

"....HERETIC!"

Joe3210

Must be drama with the Dawson.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Mao

Quote from: Joe3210 on August 19, 2009, 06:42:14 AM
Must be drama with the Dawson.

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 13, 2009, 01:59:07 PM
I'm not sure why the thread was locked. Doing that is only going to make it seem like there is some big conspiracy or something.

I used to hang out on Tim's message board a lot when he was doing DragonTails daily. We actually were pretty decent friends. It just happened that life happened and we went our separate ways.  Of course its been years since Tim and I last talked so at most, there is just an awkward of "so hey. Sorry I havent talked to you in over 4 years."  But all in all I am wishing Tim the best and hope he is doing well.   He's mega talented and I would be suprised if he isn't doing well in life.

Doesn't look like drama to me.  I just think it's not polite to pry into folks personal lives.  If they share it with you, great.  If not, shush.

Alondro

Ooo!  Does anyone want to pry into MY private life?  I'll tell you EVERYTHING!!!

Course, the last person who asked killed themselves that very evening with a note they stapled to their forehead, which was written in blood with only 3 words:  Do not ask.....

:kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on August 19, 2009, 09:14:29 AM
Ooo!  Does anyone want to pry into MY private life?  I'll tell you EVERYTHING!!!

Course, the last person who asked killed themselves that very evening with a note they stapled to their forehead, which was written in blood with only 3 words:  Do not ask.....

:kruger

i've seen the slideshow, and you don't wanna see mine..

Amber Williams

I think some people are just too much into conspiracy theories to make up for the fact reality is often much more boring.  The fact of the matter is, I lost touch with just about everyone from the old DragonTails boards.  I was busy in college, I was just starting up DMFA's forum so I was spending more time on it than DT, interests had shifted, life moved on.   

Sometimes in life people just drift apart. It happens.  And while part of me does feel sad that Tim and I are no longer as close friends as we were once 5+ years ago, I can say the same for a lot of friends I had in high school or college that I no longer hear from.  That's just sometimes how life goes.

Alondro

Just remember Amber, if you ever get rich, you'll suddenly be hearing from every friend you ever knew!  And also a whole lot of friends you don't seem to remember having too!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on August 19, 2009, 01:33:27 PM
Just remember Amber, if you ever get rich, you'll suddenly be hearing from every friend you ever knew!  And also a whole lot of friends you don't seem to remember having too!   :3

just remember to step outside and take the hose to the odd tree or shrub outside, too.  :P

Rakyth

Wow, Amber posted twice in one of my topics, I feel honored!

Hehe :D

Sofox

Don't be, it's actually an ancient Malaysian curse!

Yes, they did have Amber Williams back in ancient Malaysia.

LionHeart

Quote from: Alondro on August 19, 2009, 01:33:27 PM
Not to mention a whole slew of relatives you never knew you had...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Rakyth

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 19, 2009, 01:25:05 PM
I think some people are just too much into conspiracy theories to make up for the fact reality is often much more boring.  The fact of the matter is, I lost touch with just about everyone from the old DragonTails boards.

Actually you can drop by every month or so and not miss much besides a couple of posts. Apparently everyone thinks that Tim is still on hiatus. It's only around 10 people now, maybe, and Myst.

Tapewolf

Oof, this one was definitely past its best before date.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E