06/11/09 [CVRPG News] - 24 in 24, CVRPG Style

Started by Darkmoon, June 11, 2009, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

With my intertubes back up and running, I was trying to figure out what I could do that would be special -- as a sort of "sorry I was down for a week" kinda deal. The thought occurred to me that I could do a 24 in 24, you know where the comic artist sits down and does 24 comics in 24 hours, a sort of marathon "what was I thinking, I'm such a masochist" things.

But, let's face it, this is CVRPG. I can do a comic in 15 minutes. Cranking out 24 of them would have me done somewhere's around 6 hours after I started, whereupon I could set the thing to auto update and go get a burger. 24 in 24 is no challenge, so there has to be extra rules to make it more interesting.

So here's the thought:

50 comics in 24 hours -- I doubled it to 48, and then figured "eh, what's two more?"
Every comic has to have at least three (3) panels -- no 1 panel cheat comics.
At least four (4) comics have to have action sequences.
The arc has to start and end within those 50 comics -- no starting a new plotline and then finishing later, in the normal flow of the comic. Likewise, no using the 50 comics just to do some random b-plot that I started before I took up the challenge.

The rules seem to make it more interesting, and it means I'll have a real challenge on my hands. Now the question is (and the one I'm posing to you guys):

What plotline should I do? I am open to any suggestions (no matter how random). I'll see what you come up with, and then pick something and run with it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

I will need time to think of a plot line, if I am even capable of doing such a thing. However, I would like to up the ante and perhaps add a tad bit of pressure on you by offering this incentive:

I will donate $1.00 USD for every comic you complete that meets the criteria you have set forth for yourself in the originating post above. And $2.00 USD donated for every comic above and beyond the first fifty that you complete. The extra comics can be stand-alone or another arc, however, the additional arc(s) must be completed in the 24 hour time limit.

Is this acceptable to you, good Sir Darkmoon?  :mwaha
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Well, I'm never going to say no to money.

There was one more rule I came up with (which I forgot about until your post): The plotline (which you will recall has to get done in the 24 hours) will go on until it finishes. That means if 50 comics aren't enough, then I will keep doing them until the plot naturally finishes, however many that may be.

bradypodidae

Noted, and my incentive offer stands. If the arc runs more than 50 comics in 24 hours, $2.00 USD for #51 & up.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Considered continuing the current plotline, to a natural conclusion, then starting another one? That might make it harder...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bradypodidae

One last little stipulation; knowing your capacity for cranking out copious amounts of comics, I am forced to protect my bank account by placing a maximum to the incentive of $200.00 USD.

Now if I only had a brain plot...

Avi by Tabi

USMC

GabrielsThoughts

a suggestion would be to have darkmoon(the vampire not the author) reveal that he was a locksmith all along, but he was too lazy to open the doors of the castle because it would take more effort than it was worth... however, seeing as it is taking longer to get through the castle in search of  a master key, Alec and Darkmoon find it far quicker to simply blast their way through than waste their time and energy on stupid things like doors.... because the door/ key thing is starting to get really annoying...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

Hehe, aight, I'll back off on that soon.

Seth C Triggs

Heheheh how about an epic battle with Darkmoon for some new enemy that guards the exit? Dunno...

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 14, 2009, 08:24:01 PM
a suggestion would be to have darkmoon(the vampire not the author) reveal that he was a locksmith all along, but he was too lazy to open the doors of the castle because it would take more effort than it was worth... however, seeing as it is taking longer to get through the castle in search of  a master key, Alec and Darkmoon find it far quicker to simply blast their way through than waste their time and energy on stupid things like doors.... because the door/ key thing is starting to get really annoying...

Heh. You mean you don't expect them to faff about for weeks on end with this shit? Heck, given some of the games I've played, if you don't get the key when you first see it (due to being so overloaded you can't pick anything more up) you lose.

Not the better games, I'll admit, but then, would Darkmoon (the char, not the author) be in a better class of game? I think not. Darkmoon wouldn't have anything to do with anything that had _any_ class... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Yeah, but then the readers get bored... and wander away... and if they do that, what's the point of continuing?

Killa B

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on June 11, 2009, 09:37:08 PM
What plotline should I do? I am open to any suggestions (no matter how random).
Spaghetti Western.

GabrielsThoughts

As long as we're suggesting something a "crossover" with NIO/transient pulse. Could be fun. although the physics of how to combine the two universes would be the most dificult part... and since I generally update "whenever" :mowwink Of course,  you'd have to do most of the work, if not all of it while I sit back and enjoy slushy margarita's :mwaha clears throuat and smiles innocently...no wait it's a smirk :kruger

[I'm not being serious, i'm just teasing you....unless you think it's a good idea, in which case I would sit in front of the computer and stare like this  :erk although with two people doing 24 comics in 24 or 48 in 24 would be a new twist.]

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bradypodidae

How about a remake of Dante's Inferno, where each level of hell is represented by numerous video games that the CVRPG crew must navigate. You could start with Pong and work your way through all the games chronologically until you arrive at the latest releases.

Quote from: Killa B on June 16, 2009, 03:42:24 AM
Spaghetti Western.

I like this one, however, Darkmoon as Eastwood in the Man with No Name Trilogy? How would you lampoon that?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

GabrielsThoughts

I didn't like the last movie in the man without a name trillogy. for me  It was like they pulled a fast one.

Darkmoon

I'd have to see them first...