If I say I joined because I think Damaris kicks ass, is it sucking up?

Started by PellaFera, September 20, 2008, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PellaFera

And would anyone object particularly hard?  XD  No, I very seriously joined because I happened to meander down to the Abandoned Mine and Damaris said something in the 8-page thread dedicated to amusing us all at the expense of Nekoboy that made me go "I LOVE her!  I have to join so I can tell her!!!"  Of course, I have ADD (Not really, just a short attention span) and can't remember what it was she said, because she said numerous hilarious things in that thread.  I think it was the comment about the length of his banning depending on which mod found him first and how cranky they were.

That said, I discovered this forum in a highly convoluted path.  A friend recommended I read DMFA(Which I love) and after reading all the archives and thoroughly exploring the site, I found my way to CVRPG(Which I love.  It was the beginner's arc that hooked me.)  After reading through CVRPG and DSWC(Which I love--anyone noticing a theme? XD) I eventually found my way here, where I met the abandoned mine and Damaris hooked me into joining with a particularly witty comment.(Which is funny when directed at someone else, but I think would make me cry if turned on me, so I plan to be a very good girl)

Now that I've wasted your time bragging about how many of the connected sites I've read through and can identify, I'll introduce myself.  I have no life.  I live on the computer and enjoy (some)webcomics, (yaoi)manga, (well-drawn)anime and (yahoo)Collapse.  I like to RP, but I'm elitist and don't really like group RPs, so I won't inflict myself on the RP section unless I get REEEEEALLY bored.

In other news, it makes me seven different kinds of happy that the news says "Timotei!" which I hope is a reference to Lucky Star and not the shampoo, because Lucky Star kills me with hilariousness, while the commercial...doesn't.  Edit!: After seeing a question on which end does one begin eating the chocolate coronet, I know that the "Timotei!" news bulletin is a Lucky Star reference.  Yay.[/Edit]  Also, I -totally- think Damaris should overthrow God, so she can resume her human sacrificial ways, Bucky is uber-cool, and Jyrras is huggy-squishable.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... What makes you think Damaris doesn't control God already?

At least as much as she wishes to, that is - I mean, who'd want all that extra work doing God's job, when you can let him do the heavy lifting and just tell him when you want things?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

I like that (your intro).

Well I certainly hope you enjoy your time in this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Have fun, but do remember to read and follow the rules.  By the sound of it you already know what happens if you don't. >:3

I must read CVRPG myself sometime.  I've been putting it off because I don't know the subject matter, but I've recently read the whole of 8-bit Theater and that was enjoyable despite my lack of grounding in the um, background.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PellaFera

Oh, Tapewolf, you should TOTALLY read CVRPG.  I knew NOTHING about Castlevania when I started reading it and I still don't, but it in no way takes away from the fun.  And yes, just because I saw what happened to Nekoboy, I made a point of reading the rules, which I usually don't do, because I refrain from being stupid anyway.  I loved him commenting on the Abandoned Mine, though: "So basically, the Abandoned Mine is where all the crappy topics go.  Weird....three of mine are there."  I was right there with the next poster: Too easy. :giggle

Jairus

Quote from: PellaFera on September 20, 2008, 06:08:43 PM
~snip~
Also, I -totally- think Damaris should overthrow God, so she can resume her human sacrificial ways, Bucky is uber-cool, and Jyrras is huggy-squishable.
For that last comment, you are especially welcome. Sorry, Jyrras fan here as well, my favorite character since I first discovered this comic. Well, you seem to have officially been welcomed, but allow me to welcome you as well!

I do have a confession to make, and this thread seems appropriate: I was the one who helped Nekoboy figure out how to set up his neko-Sasuke avatar. I believe his comment in the PM where he asked for help was that I was "less of a jerk than the others," or something along those lines. Forgive me.

EDIT:
Quote from: PellaFera on September 20, 2008, 08:20:49 PM
... And yes, just because I saw what happened to Nekoboy, I made a point of reading the rules, which I usually don't do, because I refrain from being stupid anyway.  I loved him commenting on the Abandoned Mine, though: "So basically, the Abandoned Mine is where all the crappy topics go.  Weird....three of mine are there."  I was right there with the next poster: Too easy. :giggle
This actually got me to wondering who said that, so I double-checked that thread... heh, guess it was me. Oops: forgot about that. You'd think I would have remembered writing something like that.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 20, 2008, 06:30:26 PM
Welcome aboard.  Have fun, but do remember to read and follow the rules.  By the sound of it you already know what happens if you don't. >:3

I must read CVRPG myself sometime.  I've been putting it off because I don't know the subject matter, but I've recently read the whole of 8-bit Theater and that was enjoyable despite my lack of grounding in the um, background.

The beginner's thread is there to get you quickly up to speed on some of the references. If you still end up wanting more grounding, ICVD is connected to the CVRPG menu. It's my (more or less) informational site on the series.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bill

Mao

Welcome aboard.  From the sounds of it, you'll get along real well here.  You're off to a great start that's for sure.  Accept and love the oddness and keep your wits about you and you'll have a blast here.  Also, beware of those giving advice.  They're all out to get you. :D  Particularly that llearch guy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on September 21, 2008, 09:38:06 AM
I have decided that I like you. ;)

You would. ;-]

Quote from: Mowser on September 21, 2008, 01:46:54 PM
Also, beware of those giving advice.  They're all out to get you. :D  Particularly that llearch guy.

That's not correct, Mowser. It's just you that I'm out to get - I thought you knew that?

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 21, 2008, 04:34:42 PM
Also, beware of those giving advice.  They're all out to get you. :D  Particularly that llearch guy.

That's not correct, Mowser. It's just you that I'm out to get - I thought you knew that?
You mean... you're not out to get me? But... I feel so betrayed. I thought... I thought...  :cry
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

PellaFera

*does a little dance*  That is FABULOUS, because I already decided that if you were ANYTHING like your pixelated self, you're awesome.  Your rip on Nekoboy just made me have to join.   :giggle

You would. ;-]
What uber-awesome former goddess wouldn't like a witty suck-up?  Flattery gets you -everywhere- >:3
[Random]It makes my life happy that the introduction of Nagato Yuki is up on the news right now.  SOS Brigade for life! :eager[/Random]

Dagardo

Quote from: Jairus on September 21, 2008, 04:36:05 PM

You mean... you're not out to get me? But... I feel so betrayed. I thought... I thought...  :cry

Actually, were all out to get you. >:3 Some of us will just say otherwise.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on September 21, 2008, 07:24:27 PM

You're not supposed to tell him that. Sheesh. All my hard work in getting him unstable, and you go and throw it all away...

Darkmoon

I'm not out to get him. I already got him. He just doesn't know it yet.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Dagardo

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 21, 2008, 11:16:23 PM
You mean… you're not out to get me? But… I feel so betrayed. I thought… I thought…  :cry

I'm not out to get him. I already got him. He just doesn't know it yet.

Doesn't mean you can't get him again. And as for llearch I' say something but I cant think of anything to say

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on September 21, 2008, 11:20:46 PM
Doesn't mean you can't get him again. And as for llearch I' say something but I cant think of anything to say

I believe that makes it a point to me. ;-]

Stygian

I haven't really helped receive any people here in a long time, so I think it's time I did again.

Welcome, Pella. For some reason, I think you'll fit right in here. Have a time! :3

I am sorry for one thing though; I'm going to have to hate you on principle. Not much, and not for any personal reasons though, mind. So feel free to make up for this at any time.