Coincedence?

Started by GabrielsThoughts, March 26, 2008, 11:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I found this on one of my many Artwork Mourge hunts, I wonder if my artwork  inspired the artist or if we had the same influence.  It was made in early 2008 and the concept is related to something I drew in sept/october 2007. even the candle is the same color.  I saw it and immediately thought  OMG! this is what I saw this in my head before I drew the picture bellow.

Although as a cartoon my artwork isn't as nice.

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Goatmon

Aside from a birthday cupcake and a mouse, the two don't really have much in common,  and I doubt you're the first person to use blue birthday candles in a drawing.  I'd say you're just being paranoid. 

Zina

Yeah, really. The themes aren't very uncommon, and it's entirely possible, and very likely, that the artist came up with the idea separate from you.

bill

I would advise contacting the police.

Seriously, what they said. This is likely coincidence.

Alondro

I would advise contacting an exorcist.

That person has clearly placed demons within you and is stealing ideas from your very soul!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

It's the Illuminati.

And George Bush.

Alondro

*Charles wears a wierd caped hoody outfit and throws a human effigy into the eye of a giant burning owl... or something to that effect*  Whatever, it's all evil.   I made sure it was a spotted owl too!  >:3

*Charles then notes that it was supposed to be the owl's stomach and fails at being Illuminate*   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

blood butterfly

i agree with the others, it's just coincidence. 
there is an "unlimited creative license concerning originality" clause in the art world that states:  "only when the lines match and the inspiration occurs in the same place at the same time, or when duplication of original art piece occurs, is the object in question stolen."  unless it's an undeniably exact copy, it's completely original.

oh, and ideas can't be "stolen".  Otherwise, "originality" wouldn't exist XD