into the wild.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, November 15, 2007, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I have a class assignment to review a movie called "Into the wild" I was wondering if anyone has any questions that they might want me to answer in the review, I'm going to review the movie either way, just don't expect any spoilers for the movie (in the review.)
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

What exactly is this course/major that is having you write all these papers?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sienna Maiu - M T

What is the significance of the title?

(ie-isn't a literal thing, or a more meaningful, symbolic statement)

superluser

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 16, 2007, 12:00:13 AMWhat is the significance of the title?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_%28film%29

Actually, I know someone who knows a bit about this (he's read the book, at least).  I may ask him about it.

GabrielsThoughts

I am looking forward to earning a Bachelor of science degree in Visual Media Digital Cinema
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Omega

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 16, 2007, 05:05:56 PM
I am looking forward to earning a Bachelor of science degree in Visual Media Digital Cinema
The Visual what?!?
What does that has to do with science? It's crazy enough to inculde IT and Maths into science and now Visual Media? Oh the humanity...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Maths is required for science.

IT is only sensible. After all, handing a luddite a 2 million dollar machine and expecting him to be able to get best performance out of it is silly...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

Quote from: Omega on November 17, 2007, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 16, 2007, 05:05:56 PM
The Visual what?!?
What does that has to do with science? It's crazy enough to inculde IT and Maths into science and now Visual Media? Oh the humanity...

I dunno... I always thought a BS was much more appropriate for many 'artists' than was a BA. :3

general ed is a pain: oh the humanities...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

superluser

Quote from: Omega on November 17, 2007, 04:38:24 PMWhat does that has to do with science? It's crazy enough to inculde IT and Maths into science and now Visual Media? Oh the humanity...

I know a couple of places where you can get a BS in English.  I think Texas A&M used to offer it, because they couldn't offer BA degrees, since art was neither Agriculture nor Mechanics.

GabrielsThoughts

I'm learning mostly about the history of multimedia and computers, and how to use them, information systems, digital art , and the history of film... so far a majority of my classes have involved computers and art.

Omega

Still, I think they're bending the meaning of the word "science" a bit too far. Then again, who am I to define how English should work?

GabrielsThoughts

what else would you call a four year degree that specializes in science related to communication and computers? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Science

Brunhidden

certificate of nerditude?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Omega

Why can they have their on degree? A tittle apart from science?

Nice, Brunhidden. 666 posts \m/