Philosophy - Nihilism versus Cynicism. (Was AS#106)

Started by Omega, November 17, 2007, 05:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega

RJ

bill

Quote from: RJ on November 25, 2007, 09:33:54 AM
*brain asplodes from the philosophy*
Note that this started from people talking about a furry webcomic.

Alondro

*decides that morality tells him he must kill 2/3 of the humans on this planet, for they are destroying the environment!*  The planet's biosphere can only tolerate 2 billion at most!  I'm SAVING humanity by killing most of it!  And I'll only target the poor, the starving, and the uneducated, since their lives are miserable anyway and they'd be much better off just dying now and getting it over with. 

Now, since the only way to do that effectively is to use nukes, I must only choose the areas with the highest population density and the least natural area left intact:  India-China-Indonesia, then all major cities in the Middle East, to make sure no one can use their evil oil to pollute the Earth again!  The gas prices will drop as will CO2 emmissions!  The nuclear winter will re-freeze the Arctic ice and save the polar bears!  Global warming will be over and all will be happy and peace!

This seems moral to me, thus when I achieve the power to carry out this plan, I shall be fully justified in doing it!

Yes... I can see how useful this fluid morality is... so very useful...  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Omega

Actually, I find that way of thinking to be quite justified. The end justifies the means, or so they say. If Alondro finds that killing two-thirds of the human population is right thing to do, the she finds her own actions moral. The rest of the world, might not. If no one can turn Alondro's head on this matter (by force of otherwise), then she will watch her plans to the end and save 2 billion people.

Alondro

Quote from: Omega on November 28, 2007, 08:12:14 AM
Actually, I find that way of thinking to be quite justified. The end justifies the means, or so they say. If Alondro finds that killing two-thirds of the human population is right thing to do, the she finds her own actions moral. The rest of the world, might not. If no one can turn Alondro's head on this matter (by force of otherwise), then she will watch her plans to the end and save 2 billion people.

*blinks*  I'm a girl?  Good lord... all these years... 

I need therapy now.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Omega

You're not? Damn. It's not like me to claim to know someone's gender. It's just something in your way of writing that is very feminine. I'm not sure when/who/how but I've been given away that you are one of the skirt people. If not so, my apologizes

Alondro

Quote from: Omega on November 28, 2007, 11:38:00 AM
You're not? Damn. It's not like me to claim to know someone's gender. It's just something in your way of writing that is very feminine. I'm not sure when/who/how but I've been given away that you are one of the skirt people. If not so, my apologizes

Too late!  I'm emotionally scarred!  For life!  Now I need to get a sex-change operation!   :B