Why you clear your logs before submitting to bugzilla. *warning: language*

Started by RobbieThe1st, September 08, 2007, 02:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

*warning: language & perverted filenames*

http://ichpeils.net/news/wtfomglolktnxml4.png  :erk
This image is an image that was posted in an IRC chat I am on, and the person who linked the url didn't care when I said I was going to post it on a forum.

Well, as you can see, before posting on bugzilla, it *might* just be a good idea to remove the logs if your doing perverted stuff....  ;)

Comment.

(btw, Mr. Box, I stuck the proper warnings, and made it a link... I hope thats enough...)

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 08, 2007, 11:43:54 AM
how do you delete logs(?) is that like deleting cookies?

In this case it would seem to be .xsession-errors in his home directory, so it would be:

rm ~/.xsession-errors

...since the developers might not like it being missing, it might be a better idea to simply edit it and turn the filenames into numbers.
To be honest I don't know why they're in it at all... mine is full of invalid X opcodes and a couple of failed assertions.  No command strings, so I guess they must have been put in the log by the video player itself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Saist

hilarious. Although I did notice it was posted to the Gnome bugzilla. He should be safe there, not like the Gnome devs have a reputation for looking at their bug log.

or suggestion log...

and submitted patches

Edit: Fixed the links -- llearch

xHaZxMaTx

superluser

Quote from: je.saist on September 08, 2007, 12:55:22 PMhilarious. Although I did notice it was posted to the Gnome bugzilla. He should be safe there, not like the Gnome devs have a reputation for looking at their bug log.

or suggestion log...

and submitted patches

Yeah, it's not surprising.  There's a bug in GIMP that can DOS your system and crash other applications with a single click.  They've known about it since 2002, and it's still not fixed.

I moved to XFCE a few years back, right after GNOME introduced Windows Explorer Nautilus.  Haven't looked back since.

Edit:  A couple messages later:

if you have a README file that says "REPORTING BUGS AND SUBMITTING PATCHES", it might be good to actually give an email to send things to, instead of saying "Send me mail" with no email address actually ever mentioned!

:tidE

(P.S. I fixed your links)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on September 08, 2007, 02:15:23 AM
(btw, Mr. Box, I stuck the proper warnings, and made it a link... I hope thats enough...)

Yeah, I think that's about enough. You might want to mention "NSFW" somewhere, but it's not like it's not reasonably obvious....

Quote from: superluser on September 08, 2007, 01:16:32 PM
(P.S. I fixed your links)

So did I. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears