Beginnings

Started by Turnsky, June 07, 2007, 04:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

whilst showing somebody a link to DMFA on Comic Genesis' IRC chat, Kisai, CG's admin, popped up to mention that DMFA did have a humble start back when Keenspace still existed, and when it pretty much began, and preceeded to provide us with a link to that site..

Not Safe for Amber, Given her severe aversion to old art, after all.

so really, Amber here is pretty much a long lost member of a large extended family..  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Amber Williams

Actually, that site version was put up back when DMFA was first going into its haitus and one of the fans submitted DMFA to Keenspace in hopes of preserving it.  I never even had access to the site myself.  And since I didn't have any of the submission forms, I had no real way of validating who I was to get it removed...so it probably is just a husk taking up bandwidth this entire time.

Kind of sad really.

Zedd

Old art....*shivers and hides under the couch*

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 07, 2007, 04:15:43 AM
Actually, that site version was put up back when DMFA was first going into its haitus and one of the fans submitted DMFA to Keenspace in hopes of preserving it.  I never even had access to the site myself.  And since I didn't have any of the submission forms, I had no real way of validating who I was to get it removed...so it probably is just a husk taking up bandwidth this entire time.

Kind of sad really.

huh, never knew that. Still, you're welcome to the chat anytime you want.  :3

Kasarn

Aridas

I like the old DMFA logo.

Netami

I guess it stands to testify the great question: What DO men rally want?

:lol

llearch n'n'daCorna

One could go to the effort of updating it, but...

Why bother?

The other side of it is, perhaps Turnsky could mention to the admin in question Amber's preference for removing the site, and why she hasn't asked directly, and how... and see if some arrangement could be made?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 07, 2007, 06:14:05 AM
One could go to the effort of updating it, but...

Why bother?

The other side of it is, perhaps Turnsky could mention to the admin in question Amber's preference for removing the site, and why she hasn't asked directly, and how... and see if some arrangement could be made?

i'll mention it to Kisai when i get the chance if you'd like. I'll try to get her to contact Amber directly as well. just to see how things go, the comicgen server's been moved recently, and has been a little twitchy as of late, so it might take a while. We'll see.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Netami on June 07, 2007, 04:58:50 AM
I guess it stands to testify the great question: What DO men rally want?

:lol
Twinkies! :P

Btw, http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://missmab.com is full of early work and extra information/pictures that aren't on the current site... :D ... I'm going to need to build a script for this *is very tired*... I got all the 2003 and earlier rants and main pages manually, I'm going to have to make a script to compile myself a complete archive of everything there!

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Paul

Kind of sad really.
Submitting to CG a comic that isn't your own is a violation of CG's Terms of Service. So if you want it gone, I suggest you contact CG admin Kelly Price and point out it wasn't you who signed DMFA up - since it's required to give out name, street address, phone number etc when joining CG, it should be easy to prove it wasn't you who signed up (unless that fan knew and used that info). And pointing Price to your own site should prove that DMFA is yours and not that of whoever signed up, if need be.  ;)

Turnsky

Quote from: Paul on June 07, 2007, 10:00:17 AM

Kind of sad really.
Submitting to CG a comic that isn't your own is a violation of CG's Terms of Service. So if you want it gone, I suggest you contact CG admin Kelly Price and point out it wasn't you who signed DMFA up - since it's required to give out name, street address, phone number etc when joining CG, it should be easy to prove it wasn't you who signed up (unless that fan knew and used that info). And pointing Price to your own site should prove that DMFA is yours and not that of whoever signed up, if need be.  ;)

Kisai's a bit easier to pin down than Kelly.   at least on the chat.. Contact either, anywho.. i think it hasta go through kisai regardless, since she's effectively the head hauncho.

Paul

Quote from: Turnsky on June 07, 2007, 10:06:27 AMKisai's a bit easier to pin down than Kelly.   at least on the chat.. Contact either, anywho.. i think it hasta go through kisai regardless, since she's effectively the head hauncho.
Yes - it's just that officially Price is the guy to contact for such "out-of-the-ordinary" requests, and it's most likely wisest to file a proper complaint through official channels in this case. But whatever works. If Amber can be bothered, that is...

Turnsky

Quote from: Paul on June 07, 2007, 10:24:58 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 07, 2007, 10:06:27 AMKisai's a bit easier to pin down than Kelly.   at least on the chat.. Contact either, anywho.. i think it hasta go through kisai regardless, since she's effectively the head hauncho.
Yes - it's just that officially Price is the guy to contact for such "out-of-the-ordinary" requests, and it's most likely wisest to file a proper complaint through official channels in this case. But whatever works. If Amber can be bothered, that is...
True enough.. anywho, Either Kelly Price (goes by the name of "STrRedwolf" on the forums) or Kisai, are the ones one would approach for such things anywho.

Turnsky

this came later on in a discussion with Kisai herself.

[03:15] <Kisai> hmm
[03:15] <Kisai> is she sure she didn't signup for that?
[03:15] <Kisai> the email address suggests it's her
[03:16] <Turnsky> i'll put the question forth, since it's a forum, i wouldn't expect a fast reply..
[03:17] <Kisai> well ... um... it's her email address, the same one on her paypal
[03:17] <Kisai> remember, the domain predates comicgenesis
[03:17] * Turnsky nods.
[03:17] <Kisai> it would have originally been on keenspace.com

so, yeah, it's in your name, amber =p or at least your email address.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Since Amber has had a serious disk crash since then, I doubt she'd have anything to look back through, sadly.

I spose at least she can send an email from that address asking that the site be removed. Not that doing that is all that difficult - heck, -I- can do that. And I don't have access to that account at all... :-]

Amber Williams

Look. I'll be blunt.  Way back when DMFA started (originally on angelfire than a small hosted thing on dmfa.net before the site went down), I was working with another person named John (Dan's original player) We shared the same email and the workload as we considered it a join DMFA account.

Then things split, and kind of awkwardly.  John and a couple fans did try to work something together (as dmfa.net was originally in John's billing name) but none of us were experienced for a transfer. As an aside thing, it was attempted to move to Keenspace as a backup plan B...which ultimately failed and resulted in the year haitus.  Later I recouped myself and started missmab.com

Partway through there I talked with John and got the email as well.

However, I did not personally write any emails to keenspace.  If my email was used, its high possible that was him speaking on my behalf back when it was a join account.  It's not like I have any reason to lie on the subject...since 99% of the time I never even realize the place exists.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 07, 2007, 04:11:45 PM
Look. I'll be blunt.  Way back when DMFA started (originally on angelfire than a small hosted thing on dmfa.net before the site went down), I was working with another person named John (Dan's original player) We shared the same email and the workload as we considered it a join DMFA account.

Then things split, and kind of awkwardly.  John and a couple fans did try to work something together (as dmfa.net was originally in John's billing name) but none of us were experienced for a transfer. As an aside thing, it was attempted to move to Keenspace as a backup plan B...which ultimately failed and resulted in the year haitus.  Later I recouped myself and started missmab.com

Partway through there I talked with John and got the email as well.

However, I did not personally write any emails to keenspace.  If my email was used, its high possible that was him speaking on my behalf back when it was a join account.  It's not like I have any reason to lie on the subject...since 99% of the time I never even realize the place exists.

don't shoot, i'm only the messenger!  :<

it's gone, anyways.  :3

Kamunt

:mowsad I can't access the link anymore...was it taken down recently, then?

Turnsky

Quote from: Kamunt on June 10, 2007, 04:14:22 AM
:mowsad I can't access the link anymore...was it taken down recently, then?

yes, amber asked somebody to ask the powers that be to remove it, i asked Kisai to, and lo and behold, it was done.

llearch n'n'daCorna

For what it's worth, all that was on there was strips 1 to 72 or so, which are on the main DMFA site anyway, and a bunch of broken images.

I suspect the images -might- show up properly somehow, but they didn't for me. *shrug*

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 10, 2007, 07:24:57 AM
For what it's worth, all that was on there was strips 1 to 72 or so, which are on the main DMFA site anyway, and a bunch of broken images.

I suspect the images -might- show up properly somehow, but they didn't for me. *shrug*

eh, i prefer missmab.com anyways.. much better looking than 6 year old pages and a bunch of broken images on a white background  :mowtongue

GabrielsThoughts

:mowcookie

I like kitty amber from rant O' update rather than wikku amber
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

GabrielsThoughts

it also occurs to me tha DMFA could stand for any number of things

Dumb Moth-er Flicking Adventures

Dollar's  Masterful  Financial Accounting

Doodoo Macaroni Flatulence and Apples

Docile Matriarch Finding Arousal

Dippy mouse finds appliances... the list goes on.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.