My theory on Abel's femininity

Started by wussycat, May 19, 2007, 09:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig Hemmer

Abel cares about how he looks, more so that most men.  We can see this from a rather young age so this is not something he has picked up at SAIA.

I think that the reason he does is that he can sense the reaction others have to him.  Most people want to make a good impression, but we generally don't know what other people thinks of us.  Abel knows, and I think he subconsciously knew even before his head-wings popped up.

The same would hold for most cubi, though some simply wouldn't care.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on June 07, 2007, 09:18:03 AM
Abel cares about how he looks, more so that most men.  We can see this from a rather young age so this is not something he has picked up at SAIA.

Vanity and fashion-consciousness would seem to be a basic trait of most 'Cubi.  The demonology doesn't quite say this explicitly but it seems to be a pretty safe bet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I would guess that it would also have the anti-fashion-conscious type, where the 'Cubi in question deliberately go out of their way to be -not- fashionable...

Sort of the other end of the scale, as it were.

Interesting concept - able to sense other people's like or dislike, and aiming for dislike...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kamunt

This place...weirds me the heck out. Why do I feel so natural hanging here, then...?

The TRUE 'nuff said. Though...I guess that one applies to Abel AND Dan, doesn't it? Bah. Then again, that's Jyrras...you know, we could make this topic about all three of them regarding men acting feminine so easily.  >:3 Back on topic, Abel's really color-coordinated and whatnot, as well, which is something that "masculine men" apparently are not, correct?*

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2007, 12:39:32 PM
Quote from: Zachski on June 06, 2007, 12:03:21 PMAs for where I am going with this... since Cubi still seem to have that subtle level of sexuality... maybe it's a requirement for all Cubi to be bisexual.
Most 'Cubi who attend SAIA are liable to spend the best part of 400 years in an academy among shapeshifters who are permanently twenty-something.  I would imagine that if you were the slightest bit prone to such things you would have experimented at least once in that kind of time period.  That's my theory, anyway...

And we all know that experimenting is made all too easy at S.A.I.A., mirite?

* Masculine men also don't wear high-heel shoes. :giggle

Valynth

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 07, 2007, 09:24:51 AM
Vanity and fashion-consciousness would seem to be a basic trait of most 'Cubi.[snip]

And teenagers.

'Cubi just don't grow out of it.  :P
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

kaskar

:mowmeep    I just keep on wondering, who started this thing about "  Abel's femininity  " ? If we go back to comic
# 428 ( Letters to the editor, with guest reader, Abel ) , He says ' don't let the androgeny fool you, I'm all man. He then tries to prove it to us but Fa'lina is too busy packaging him in a bin, that we don't see ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kamunt on June 08, 2007, 12:42:39 AM
This place...weirds me the heck out. Why do I feel so natural hanging here, then...?

You know, I went through exactly the same thing...

Anyway.  Going by what Amber was saying the other day, it's quite possible that reason Dan and Abel are kind of effeminate-looking is because she wasn't so good at drawing very muscular figures when they were designed  :P

Quote from: Valynth on June 08, 2007, 12:51:59 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 07, 2007, 09:24:51 AM
Vanity and fashion-consciousness would seem to be a basic trait of most 'Cubi.[snip]
And teenagers.  'Cubi just don't grow out of it.  :P
Good point.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

8)         Vanity is always around, just some people deny it. Like for one example, you look a bit older when you are young, and younger when you are older . Female fashion is outside my domain, and of course, there are many other factors. Furrae fashion lives on .....

:<          Amber probably was not good at drawing extra masculinity into Dan and Abel because they are theatrical figures in the plot . Each have their own character, and each individual. Merl went through many changes to get the character right. It's like how she can't draw a castle on a once - off ...

kaskar

Femininity is a hard word to place . Remember Wildy ? And Dan had some personality traits that were a bit unusual. ( remember the high heeled shoes ? ) His other actions speak for themselves ...         Every character has their quirks ...

Netrogo

Quote from: kaskar on June 08, 2007, 06:19:54 AM
It's like how she can't draw a castle on a once - off ...

I'm pretty sure the castle thing was a joke cuz her buildings from other angles and interiors are top notch.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.