Very slow news day for England?

Started by Aridas, March 19, 2007, 12:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Aww!  He used more than 50 words!  Now he'll never get that money from Bennett Cerf.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alan Garou

This is Awesome. I love crossbows! :)

bill

What is it about Britain and silly news?

Quote from: msnnews.comMigrant workers planning to move to Wales have been advised not to indulge in incest or rape.

A document produced in 17 languages by the Welsh Assembly informs immigrants about their rights and responsibilities. A leaflet entitled "Ten Important Things you Need to Know" which is enclosed in the "Welcome to Wales" information pack covers such topics as worker registration, how to open bank accounts and legal issues.

Number eight in this list warns that it is "a criminal offence to force a woman to have sex with you if she says no." And it adds: "Having sex with a minor (child under 16-years-old) or with a member of your family is also a criminal offence."

Conservative Assembly minister Jonathan Morgan said: "I'm staggered the Assembly Government is using public money to give people a lesson in the blindingly obvious. This is insulting to the people from many nations who are coming to work and live in Wales.

Assembly Social Justice Minister Edwina Hart said: "The aim is to ensure that migrant workers who come to this country are fully aware of their rights and responsibilities, and to help them fit in with the local community."

Aridas

Well, I'm sure there's some country out there that doesn't know either of those....

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on March 21, 2007, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: msnnews.comMigrant workers planning to move to Wales have been advised not to indulge in incest or rape.

Great, now I'll have to try and find a list of legal differences between England and Wales...

Assembly Social Justice Minister Edwina Hart said: "The aim is to ensure that migrant workers who come to this country are fully aware of their rights and responsibilities, and to help them fit in with the local community."

I have heard strange things about the Welsh Assembly, rumours that they are a bit xenophobic.  This is a pity because I'm now wholly within their power :B

As for 'fitting in with the local community', that depends on the local community.  Particularly in the far North or West parts of the place, they can be a bit funny - I've heard horror stories of where the locals switch to Welsh if someone new comes along and then go back to English when they're gone.  Fortunately I'm in the Southeast...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... tempting to learn welsh and swahili, and respond to comments in the former with answers in the latter....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears