2018-11-7 [DF 41] The Darkened Throne

Started by Puyon, November 06, 2018, 06:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puyon

So awhile back I did have the feeling that the Dark Lord would be a Dark Power we already knew (suspected it when Mez called Mort dumb and Colfer a nobody), or was at least a character we could have known already but...

Is Colfer actually an evil tyrant? Just doesn't seem her style... being tyrannical. Or evil. She's been introduced to us as a... really neutral Dark Power, but like. Why take over a city? Guess we'll find out but I gotta wonder...

Would people be so quick to label the deed of eternal night evil if it were a Light Power making it eternal sunlight?
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Puyon on November 06, 2018, 06:17:52 PM
So awhile back I did have the feeling that the Dark Lord would be a Dark Power we already knew (suspected it when Mez called Mort dumb and Colfer a nobody), or was at least a character we could have known already but...

Is Colfer actually an evil tyrant? Just doesn't seem her style... being tyrannical. Or evil. She's been introduced to us as a... really neutral Dark Power, but like. Why take over a city? Guess we'll find out but I gotta wonder...

Would people be so quick to label the deed of eternal night evil if it were a Light Power making it eternal sunlight?

Agreed. Maybe the bounty was put up by traditional Light Powers...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on November 06, 2018, 06:17:52 PM

Eternal night will kill your crops.  Eternal sunlight could kill your livestock.  It may depend which you're trying to farm.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2018, 06:56:02 PM
Eternal night will kill your crops.  Eternal sunlight could kill your livestock.  It may depend which you're trying to farm.
Hm. Okay. Those both sound pretty evil. Assuming that Kembery's economy is dependent on agriculture that could mess them up pretty bad.

...huh. Puyon is taking the whole ''my old friend is a dictator thing" pretty casually, I wonder if she has similar doubts about Colfer's capacity for evil? I'm kinda holding out hope that this is a really weird misunderstanding or that Colfer ascended to tyranny in the most hapless way possible.
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

In any case, Colfer doesn't seem to be taking this coup very seriously.

(Of course she doesn't even remember Danni...)
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.