2018-07-13 [DMFA#1852] Destruction therapy part 2

Started by MT Hazard, July 13, 2018, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Daniel Ti'Fiona, adventurer for hire, danger to breakables. In a school full of over emotional cubi they probably don't just have one wreck room.
They probably had to give it a different name after somebody took a wrong turning and ended up smashing up the coffee maker and the microwave (In their defence, it did say said 'break room' on the door)   
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Rafe

I was thinking of how Fa'Lina always seems so serene and in control, you wonder if she would ever even need something like a "wreck room" herself.  Then I remembered the one time we were allowed to see the seriously dark side of Fa'Lina:

Someone as powerful and potentially violent as that probably needs some kind of release occasionally.

The characters in DMFA all seem to have their own, uhm, ...imperfections (Mab herself being a great example). What's great about this is how human and believable the characters become.
Rafe

Akisohida

And Dan now has a new nickname: Daniel 'Doppler' Ti'Fiona
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Nightmask

Quote from: Rafe on July 13, 2018, 05:27:19 PM
I was thinking of how Fa'Lina always seems so serene and in control, you wonder if she would ever even need something like a "wreck room" herself.  Then I remembered the one time we were allowed to see the seriously dark side of Fa'Lina:

Someone as powerful and potentially violent as that probably needs some kind of release occasionally.

The characters in DMFA all seem to have their own, uhm, ...imperfections (Mab herself being a great example). What's great about this is how human and believable the characters become.

I don't think that really qualifies as a dark side, she's serving up someone a justified beating after he ruined a large number of important efforts by various Cubi clans to establish projects that would help not just normal beings but help Cubi as well as giving them a better appearance in the public eye.  Plus of course he was just hours after killing someone and the reveal that he'd killed and replaced the husband of Abel's mom in order to produce offspring and savagely beating her AND traumatizing Abel.  He deserved everything he received from F'alina and more.

Rafe

Of course Fa'lina was totally justified in what she did to Aniz, but it's one thing to administer punishment, and another to let rage and blood-lust take over your entire being, even for a short time.

It is possible to be violent, and even kill, without letting this happen to you. In fact, going into a fight in that kind of a mental state keeps you from thinking clearly and is not a good idea. Fa'lina is obviously letting her normally well controlled dark, violent instincts take her over. One look at that bare-toothed, snarling expression and the blood flying is all you need to see. What makes it such a magnificently satisfying moment is realizing "Whoa! I had no idea Fa'lina had that inside her."  You suddenly have a new kind of respect for a character with that kind of power, but who rarely uses it.
Rafe

Hariman

Quote from: Rafe on July 15, 2018, 01:12:55 PM
Of course Fa'lina was totally justified in what she did to Aniz, but it's one thing to administer punishment, and another to let rage and blood-lust take over your entire being, even for a short time.

It is possible to be violent, and even kill, without letting this happen to you. In fact, going into a fight in that kind of a mental state keeps you from thinking clearly and is not a good idea. Fa'lina is obviously letting her normally well controlled dark, violent instincts take her over. One look at that bare-toothed, snarling expression and the blood flying is all you need to see. What makes it such a magnificently satisfying moment is realizing "Whoa! I had no idea Fa'lina had that inside her."  You suddenly have a new kind of respect for a character with that kind of power, but who rarely uses it.

Fa'Lina has seen what kind of Destruction that sort of power can wreak upon others first hand. She saw it when Hizell used it on her clan.

Also, everyone has that kind of dark side somewhere in them, if they're pushed far enough.

You also make a good point that Fa'lina is responsible with her power, to a degree. she does sometimes dodge a cliche arrange a musical number, birth certificate position herself to clothesline someone who's rolling out of control on a little red wagon, complete with cookies to mollify him when he snaps at her. ;D
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

e_voyager

Man with everything that happened stuff like that I really want to see Fa'lina get some sort of grandchild however many generations removed to basically be able to pass on the teachings and love her clan of hope embodies regardless of whether or not she continues to live her ageless life or not.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kirishala

Quote from: e_voyager on July 16, 2018, 02:42:15 AM
Man with everything that happened stuff like that I really want to see Fa'lina get some sort of grandchild however many generations removed to basically be able to pass on the teachings and love her clan of hope embodies regardless of whether or not she continues to live her ageless life or not.
Arguably she already has in the form of all the students at SAIA, not biological grandchildren but she certainly has a rather motherly view of them