2017-04-24 [DMFA #1748] - A grave matter

Started by Tapewolf, April 24, 2017, 06:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, that's sobered Wildy up pretty quick.  I'm not sure I like that Pip was mooching around there earlier, though.  If he knows that Hizell plans to try and take out Abel, he might have gone to watch the fun.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

You called it! And ah, I'd forgotten about Pip doing that.

katasev

Watch the fun, or get in the way? He may be trapped in a useless body, but he IS still a "real" dragon (conjecturally speaking, anyway). And he DOES have some kind of connection to Mab, so who knows? His invasion of dream privacy aside, I don't think he's really gunning to actually HURT Abel, since a lot of his provocation in the aforementioned dream sequence was a sharp stick in the right direction.

Also, props to Wildy for the hilarious accidental pun. Lively indeed!

Tapewolf

Quote from: katasev on April 24, 2017, 09:26:43 AM
Watch the fun, or get in the way? He may be trapped in a useless body, but he IS still a "real" dragon (conjecturally speaking, anyway). And he DOES have some kind of connection to Mab, so who knows?

Yeah, but keep in mind he cut the phone when the BoB came to kill Abel before.  I don't see him getting in the way of Hizell, but we really don't know enough about Pip's motives to be sure.

Foxx Trotter

I see that Wildy needs to expect the unexpected.  There is generally no excitement at a cemetery, although anything is possible.

Now I'm thinking Dead Man's Party, and nowhere being close to Halloween.  Off in tangents I go...listening to music. :giggle

AzureEdge

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 24, 2017, 09:46:43 AM
Quote from: katasev on April 24, 2017, 09:26:43 AM
Watch the fun, or get in the way? He may be trapped in a useless body, but he IS still a "real" dragon (conjecturally speaking, anyway). And he DOES have some kind of connection to Mab, so who knows?

Yeah, but keep in mind he cut the phone when the BoB came to kill Abel before.  I don't see him getting in the way of Hizell, but we really don't know enough about Pip's motives to be sure.
I want to think that since Jyrras is around he'll alert Mab since he seems like he is on board with her plan to have Jy tip the balance of power with his inventions.

katasev

Hmm, good points! Buuuut on the other hand, cutting the phone line forced Jyrras to take immediate and personal direct action with a very particular prototype, giving Jy a field run of it in use and perhaps also sealing him firmly in place as "ally / friend" in Abel's mind? If he hadn't tried it out, he might be a little more gun-shy (eeyyyy!!!) about agreeing with Biggs's plan to make an anti-dragon weapon on a more massive scale.

Though it's definitely true, we don't know terribly much about Pip's motives. I think our general supposition is that he and Mab are allies, but they may very well be opponents themselves. Perhaps, much like Hizell once told Pyroduck to kill Cubi in retaliation for ruining his children, Direlamyl once told Pip that in order to be allowed to either die or return to his proper form, he had to beat a Fae in a world-game. As Amber herself hinted, Mab's lack of omniscience and Pip's lack of power are not necessarily things they agreed on with each other, and all Mab's said is "That's the rules." So whether they're on the same team (perhaps opposing Direlamyl together for vengeance for Pip?) or opposing each other (to individually win either her or Shazarelamyth's favor?) is still pretty unclear!!

The possibilities are endless!! 83 that's part of what makes it so exciting to discuss, hahaha~!

Tapewolf

Quote from: katasev on April 25, 2017, 10:28:59 AM
Hmm, good points! Buuuut on the other hand, cutting the phone line forced Jyrras to take immediate and personal direct action with a very particular prototype, giving Jy a field run of it in use and perhaps also sealing him firmly in place as "ally / friend" in Abel's mind?

I'd like to think so, but on page 1347, Pip admits that he was trying to make things worse, and Mab is angry about his 'trying to kill off folks'.

katasev

Oops, got ninja'd while I was editing to add on! Indeed, it looks grim for our heroes! But it might be a simple argument of methodology, rather - Abel might be a linchpin in the whole game, but he might not necessarily need to survive it to serve whatever purpose they need him for. A martyr's cause can be just as effective as a live rebel, after all - like how all those boring families whose lives were ruined just like hers finally got Wildy to re-evaluate the cubi-murderer case and examine her own feelings on creature/being vengeance, etc. Mab may want to save as many folks as she can - being an avatar of order and all - but chaos can often achieve the same end results faster, if a bit more messily.

Qwex1

hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!

katasev

whoops, got those backwards! i guess my brain latched onto fae = order because of the population control they have. thanks! well, more people = more chaos because free will is a heck of a trip, soo maybe it still works out lol.

Cassi-kun

I'm wondering if Pip specifically wants Abel dead, or whether killing any of the main cast would tip the scales in his favor and Abel just gives the bigger payoff?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!