2015/08/24 [DMFA #1599] Last Hope

Started by MT Hazard, August 24, 2015, 05:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

So Dan is the representative of Cyra clan, a group that was instrumental in starting a war that nearly wiped out cubi kind and the last hope his mother has of a return to sanity. So, no pressure then.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Well, that's interesting that there might still be hope for Destania, though there doesn't seem to be much of it.
I still think it would be useful for Dan to know more about Abel and the Ti'Fiona link.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zorro

HaDDea

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2015, 05:17:04 AM
Well, that's interesting that there might still be hope for Destania, though there doesn't seem to be much of it.
I still think it would be useful for Dan to know more about Abel and the Ti'Fiona link.

Does Fa'lina know much about that link? Didn't Abel discover that since leaving SAIA? Fa'lina sees farther than any of us - I trust her ability to guide.

I kinda like this page - as much pressure as it may leave on Dan, it's probably comforting to know that at least one other 'cubi who has not given up on Dee just yet.

I wonder how it would be best to get Destania to soften (other than killing off the dragon race. yeesh.).

Tapewolf

Quote from: HaDDea on August 24, 2015, 11:26:41 AM
Does Fa'lina know much about that link? Didn't Abel discover that since leaving SAIA? Fa'lina sees farther than any of us - I trust her ability to guide.

While it hasn't been shown, Amber once said that there was originally going to be another chapter of Abel's Story in which Fa'Lina told Abel about Aniz' death.  This would have been about the time Destania left the academy.  It's also worth pointing out Abel's reaction to Dan when Dan arrives at the Academy for the first time.
So yes, I believe she does know.

tumaru

But what about the flower in dans hair. I can't recall what that is in reference to but i'm sure its something isn't it.
-----------------
Be excellent to each other

Brunhidden

eventually destani will fade, and dan shall have to give rise to a new identity to the clan, and populate it with cubi that learned from him good will, morals, and righteous fury. he just has to, ahem, get producing new cubi so he can teach them well as patriarch
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 25, 2015, 10:27:46 AM
eventually destani will fade, and dan shall have to give rise to a new identity to the clan, and populate it with cubi that learned from him good will, morals, and righteous fury. he just has to, ahem, get producing new cubi so he can teach them well as patriarch

Well, there is that little snag about the Dragons wanting to kill everyone in Cyra's line, so some kind of fix for that would need to be worked out first.

Sunblink

Wait, so Destania wasn't thrown out of the Academy for nearly killing Abel? I figured she was kicked out after what happened at the end of Abel's Story part 2. I'm wondering why Fa'Lina kept her in SAIA, and how she punished Destania for assaulting a student.

Another thing I'm wondering is when this exchange happened, since I'm pretty sure she's referring to Dragons. When did her priorities shift from killing Aniz to killing every single Dragon?

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2015, 11:30:44 AMWhile it hasn't been shown, Amber once said that there was originally going to be another chapter of Abel's Story in which Fa'Lina told Abel about Aniz' death.  This would have been about the time Destania left the academy.

I wish she stuck with that plan, that would've been amazing. But it's definitely understandable Amber left it out, seeing as Abel's Story went on for, like, three years.

Delian Williams

Quote from: HaDDea on August 24, 2015, 11:26:41 AM

Yes, she probably knows about it (fourth panel, last bubble).

Well, with all these aggravations at least Destania's "The love of a succubi will only lead thee to heartache"
may only have been a warning to Dan about relationships with emotion feeders with problematic affinities. :candy

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Alondro

Nah, no hope!  Dee's a villain and Dan should get DP, Dee, and Hizel all in a line so he can skewer them all on one sword! 

Efficiency! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Eboreg

Personally, I kind of hope Dan introduces Hizell to his little friends Jyrras Gianna and Ronnie Barrett.

Of course, there would be hell to pay if that happened.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Amber Williams

Oh don't worry. Jyrras will be getting to meet Hizell soon enough.  :3

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 31, 2015, 03:49:50 AM

Abel VS Hizell VS Jyrras!? Hell yes!

Turnsky

Quote from: CubiKitsune on August 31, 2015, 05:05:54 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on August 31, 2015, 03:49:50 AM

Abel VS Hizell VS Jyrras!? Hell yes!

the battlefield will be chosen when it's discovered that Hizell is a MASSIVE CCG Nerd.

lots of cards and inordinate posturing will ensue.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sunblink on August 25, 2015, 08:18:55 PM
Wait, so Destania wasn't thrown out of the Academy for nearly killing Abel? I figured she was kicked out after what happened at the end of Abel's Story part 2. I'm wondering why Fa'Lina kept her in SAIA, and how she punished Destania for assaulting a student.

Assaulting? As I see it, Destania is teaching. That's what she's paid to do.

I mean, her -methods- are a little suspect, but she -is- teaching, and she didn't get close to killing him. She even told him to keep his head forward so he didn't choke, that's how considerate she was.

(from Destania's point of view, mind. Personally, horrified by the teaching method, but can see in the abstract that it's probably very effective. You can bet Abel never forgot it, right? :-( )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears