2015/05/08 [DMFA #1572] Hot, hot, hot

Started by Tapewolf, May 08, 2015, 07:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Leaving the academy while the dragons have stepped up the hunt for Cyra's descendants?  Sounds like a plan...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Hey Dan, why the long face? You haven't even been there that long, or on many dates wit Matilda even.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Grey Wolf

Stop, drop, and roll! Stop, drop, and roll! What are they teaching you kids these days?!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Grey Wolf on May 08, 2015, 09:35:25 AM
Stop, drop, and roll! Stop, drop, and roll! What are they teaching you kids these days?!

I'd say "element resistance" but this one clearly hasn't got it...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2015, 09:37:31 AM
Quote from: Grey Wolf on May 08, 2015, 09:35:25 AM
I'd say "element resistance" but this one clearly hasn't got it...

Either that or Ma~'s shower needs some solid walls...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Delian Williams

I wonder whether the aquatic looking cubi doesn't like to wear shirts or his shirt got burnt clear off him...

DMFA is really filled with crowds of beautiful characters that show up for only one or two frames
(on magazine covers, in restaurants, hospitals, hallways, etc.) I don't think we've seen any cubi
return for another strip since "Unwilling and Abel at Cubi Academy" besides the main cast and
a few recurring cameos... that or they keep shapeshifting. #arrrghnotthepraise

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Gentlehunter

Quote from: Daniel Ti'Fiona
"*Sigh*...I miss Matilda."

We all do, Dan. We all do.

Cassi-kun

In the words of Strong Bad himself, no two people are not on fire.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Jasonrevall

I really love the design of that flaming Cubi. Also I miss Matilda too :<
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

HaDDea

Ahhh, the thousand stupid things that make a person special. like setting random things on fire. or people.

I wonder what has transpired on dates that causes someone being on fire to make Dan think of Matilda  :U

edit: I hope those jeans are flame-retardant :D

e_voyager

i don't even think Matilda set Dan on fire but she she let her fire go it was a sight to behold.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: HaDDea on May 09, 2015, 04:28:39 AM
Ahhh, the thousand stupid things that make a person special. like setting random things on fire. or people.

I wonder what has transpired on dates that causes someone being on fire to make Dan think of Matilda  :U

She can breathe blue fire, If I do recall.

I do like the way the fire's drawn in the current comic.  More fun to draw fire than cause it.  Mostly.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

MT Hazard

I have some vague memory of Amber mentioning that she was never quite sure on what she wanted with Dan's face shape. (first page of current arc for comparison). Anyone remember where/when that was mentioned?

Amber Williams

I mentioned a while back that I had planned to adjust a lot of the characters in terms of face-type over the course of the comic since when I started DMFA I had a bad case of "drawing while in highschool" and every character basically had a case of same-face but with different hairstyle/markings.   And while it made for a funny joke now and then, it bugged me because it felt like the joke was just making an excuse for my refusal to actually push myself and try to learn to draw faces in more than one shape.

MT Hazard

I mentioned it because I noticed how Dan's appearance has been in flux for a while, so I assumed you weren't happy with it. My personal preference is how he looks in 1384 and before that comic 1262, 1208 and some others. His current appearance, to me, kind of looks stretched, narrow and pointy.

Madmann135

If your girlfriend can make you think of her when you see a flame, then she's done something right.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.