2015/02/27 [DMFA #1555] How to lose the moral high ground in three easy steps

Started by Eboreg, February 27, 2015, 06:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

I guess this is one of those cases where even evil has standards. Of course, killer nerd Aliph may not understand those standards being somewhat socially inept and, being a nerd myself, I completely understand his reasoning. If I were in his shoes, I would happily try to turn babies into zombies as a form of psychological warfare looking more at the practical aspects of it than the moral ones. Of course, I still understand why it's not a good idea as Kria does here.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Eboreg on February 27, 2015, 06:18:38 AM
I guess this is one of those cases where even evil has standards. Of course, killer nerd Aliph may not understand those standards being somewhat socially inept and, being a nerd myself, I completely understand his reasoning. If I were in his shoes, I would happily try to turn babies into zombies as a form of psychological warfare looking more at the practical aspects of it than the moral ones. Of course, I still understand why it's not a good idea as Kria does here.

Aliph sees her point, though probably not as "going too far" as much as a sheer matter of practicality, as he points out that kids would make poor soldiers that would alienate all of his allies as well.

Starcat5

You just know someone is bad when Kria has to act as a moral compass. -_(\
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

AzureEdge

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 27, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

I think it is less a better moral compass and more of the fact Kria loves babies/children.

Eboreg

Quote from: Starcat5 on February 27, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

Well, Kria would probably serve as a decent moral compass to just about any demon. Do keep in mind that she has shown mercy in many situations where most demons would be killhappy. She did help Abel get home without getting into too much trouble after his headwings came out and there are indications that she felt remorse for killing Devin. Thinking about it, I don't think it's that much of a surprise that her kid decided to abandon Demon morals for Being morals.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.