11/28/11 [DMFA Guest Comic] - Vow #7 Justice and Love will always win

Started by justacritic, November 28, 2011, 08:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

See silly kitty, with enough ranks in Diplomacy, you could breeze past any encounter.
Then again, who could resist flower power?

Tapewolf

One of these days I just know I'm going to refer to Merlin as 'Merlitz'... this isn't helping.
Anyway, nice work on the guest strip and congratulations on getting picked :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ArchTeryx

Really nice to see Aliyka again, up to her usual tricks.  Hey, if the monster has a Drum Circle quirk, why not take advantage of it? ^.^

Sofox

It's a fun and nice comic, the colour scheme is classic vibrant DMFA.
I can't help but think the last panel should be mirrored, so our eyes rest upon the Mythos first, then Aliyka with her expression, then Merlitz for the punchline.

Merlin

Quote from: Sofox on November 28, 2011, 07:45:39 PM
It's a fun and nice comic, the colour scheme is classic vibrant DMFA.
I can't help but think the last panel should be mirrored, so our eyes rest upon the Mythos first, then Aliyka with her expression, then Merlitz for the punchline.

Hmm! I hadn't thought of that, thanks! I should take more care in planning out these sort of things in the future.

And sssh I sampled all the colours from old DMFAs >:3

Thanks everybody, I'm really glad you all enjoyed it!

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Merlin on November 29, 2011, 12:32:42 AM
Thanks everybody, I'm really glad you all enjoyed it!

As I said, it was worth seeing Aliyka again.  I truly thought that character had been permanently retired after her "HULK SMASH!!11!" fight.  And you DO draw the character really well, in the Old School style.  Ain't easy to give a bird an expression head-on!

Actually gave me an idea for the next RPG I plan to run, too.  :mowwink

joshofspam

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sofox

Quote from: Merlin on November 29, 2011, 12:32:42 AM
Hmm! I hadn't thought of that, thanks! I should take more care in planning out these sort of things in the future.

You're pretty good at this sort of thing already, I like the 3rd panel; that, and the space before the 4th one, really build it up for the 4th panel punchline. It's a really good strip!

icarus

may i request a repost of the comic in this thread? i was moving and had no net when it ran, and i'd like to see it :B

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

Quote from: icarus on December 06, 2011, 09:04:58 AM
may i request a repost of the comic in this thread? i was moving and had no net when it ran, and i'd like to see it :B

I can't tell you the URL on DMFA unfortunately, but here's the upload on Merlin's DA page:
http://lilandra-surge.deviantart.com/art/15-hour-drum-solo-271430527

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

icarus

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that