12/17/2010 [DMFA# 1177] - Ton of awkward here.

Started by Howl, December 17, 2010, 10:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

It's like you can feel it. Seriously.

Edit: Fixed your title.
  -- llearch

Madd the Sane

Abel is a short ways away from a complete nervous breakdown.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Jasonrevall

Its so thick you can slice it with a knife.

Also does this mean that Amber is the Prince of Canned Air?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 17, 2010, 10:50:15 PM
Abel is a short ways away from a complete nervous breakdown.

Indeed....that 'CRACK!' was more from Abel's mind starting to implode, rather than the broken ice cube tray  :mowdizzy
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Foxxy

>:3 Well folks....looks like Abel won't be able to doge it much longer-Devin is dead....er, undead. Either way that calm, cool, collected Abel is surely history.....And I cant wait to see what happens with Abel's new found ability to dream again.... :kruger
Since when AREN'T Penguins evil?

joshofspam

More of Abel's sanity slipping away and Amber busting out a song about a computer filled with dust.

Now Abel will have to insist on going to the party with Dan just to confront the long lost now undead friend (Well not really a friend but someone he came to terms with before he died).

Now I'm going to listen to more of that beat. Maybe catch up on other songs to shows that don't come on like Different Strokes.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Draken

Well, in the terms of a webcomic, it was inevitable.  Abel is just flat out destined to not only see New Devin, but also Kria.  Just you watch.

Just like Mab's plan is destined to implode, Dan is destined to lose Matilda in one way or another, Alexi is gonna be found out by the dragons, Wildy is bound to be caught up by one of her schemes, and Jy is bound to be found out by the worst people possible.   :cry

In other news, Fresh Prince?  Really?  I would have thought Yackety Sax would have gone over better.

I do like the Lorenda actions of late.  I still want to see more silly expressions though ^^
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Draken on December 17, 2010, 11:12:35 PM
Well, in the terms of a webcomic, it was inevitable.  Abel is just flat out destined to not only see New Devin, but also Kria.  Just you watch.

Yes, but where Kria is concerned, his last encounter with her was not as witness to a gruesome and untimely demise; as such I suspect his next meeting with our lovely demoness to be much less implosion-worthy...Though she may have some 'splainin to do where Devin is concerned.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

I find the Fresh Prince appropriate for both rant and comic. Well played, Amber. Well played.

Icalasari

Since her rants never stay, I am posting it here so it can remain forever:

Quote*cues appropriate music*
Now this is a story all about how,
my life got flip turned upside down.
I'd like to take a minute so just read this through,
so you know how to prevent this from happening to you.
In Southern Ontario,
Immigrated these days.
In my apartment I was spending most of my days.
Chilling all max and relaxing all cool,
and working on the comic like an OCD fool.
When my computer restarts,
over and over again.
Making the comic from actually all happenen'.
I open the case to see what's the fuss,
and lo and behold TONS OF CRAZY DUST.
I looked outside to see four feet of snow,
and realized that out there was no place to go.
So it took me three days to get the canned air.
And that's how this comic got late...sorry about that there.
- Ambaaargh
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Azlan on December 17, 2010, 11:58:27 PM
Yo, kickin it ol' school my sista.  Peace.

AZLAN! You're back! I thought you dissapeared after #609!!!  :dface

----------

In terms of today's update, I can Imagine exactly what is happening in Abel's head. In fact, I have the perfect example:
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20100201
First Line, middle panel. Put that above Abel's head. Maybe with or without the dots.

----------

As for the dust?

A) Amber's Poem is awesome, I'm saving that.
B) Amber needs a better fan.

Tapewolf

Well, I suppose there is some consolation that Devin wasn't just a figment of his imagination...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AxiLarin

I've always had difficulty getting ice cubes out of those darn trays.  Now I know... you need to be suffering an alarming mental crisis.  :boggle

But... I've already been doing that!  Maybe it's the twisty wrist action.

MT Hazard

Quote from: AxiLarin on December 18, 2010, 06:11:42 AM
I've always had difficulty getting ice cubes out of those darn trays.  Now I know... you need to be suffering an alarming mental crisis.  :boggle

But... I've already been doing that!  Maybe it's the twisty wrist action.

Worse are those CD cases that need just the right method to get the disc out, do it wrong and you can end up breaking the disk in half.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 17, 2010, 03:35:18 PM

HA!  That would require any of us taking that thing seriously.  Cripes, we give each other hundreds in any category for shiggles.

Had to look that last word up, although I think I might prefer 'kiciggles' or some other variation.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

nevwyn

*busts a move*

Poor Amber, hopefully the snow has finished hitting you over the head.

*cowers under a blanket* Now hopefully the weatherman is wrong is it won't start hitting me.  :mowsad

Hazmat

*The next train on the Awkward Line is the 22:56 service to Insanityville. Calling at Shock, Denial, Recrimination, West Ruislip and Insanityville.*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hazmat on December 18, 2010, 11:28:42 AM
*The next train on the Awkward Line is the 22:56 service to Insanityville. Calling at Shock, Denial, Recrimination, West Ruislip and Insanityville.*

West Ruislip? I've been there, I think. Or at least on the Central Line, which goes out that way. Actually, looking at a tube map, I don't think I've been out that way, after all.

The other stations, I live at most of them. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shachza

So the Awkward Line just runs circles around Llearch's house, stopping every few minutes to declare that it's somewhere else.  Why am I not surprised by this?

In other news, I can't wait for Thursday night (in comic)!   :D  It's like the most amazing soap opera that I've ever heard of is about to go down.
            <-- #1 that is!

hartree

Wow! First Abel became a cowpuncher. To follow it up, he's iced Lorenda!  :mowhappy
Shoes for industry!

OminousShadow

Abel's mind has now become more messed up than a piece of abstract art Or one of those weird cube things that are physical impossible to be real that appear in various webcomics.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

entropicage

Infranscia

I will not summon the Awkwardmobile.  I will not summon the Awkwardmobile...

I guess I should have seen this coming.  Still, well played, Amber.  :mowsmile

I'm a little surprised at the ice cubes, both at the four-cube tray (never seen one) and the fact that Abel is operating it (not sure he would have seen one before).  I guess it's not hard to imagine, just not really something I expected.

Heh, I like Abel's expressions: it's easy to see that he's a little on-edge.  He's probably glad that the others were distracted and aren't Cubi.  :mowhappy 

I see there's a straight, pointy balloon-tail on the shouting.  :mowmeep  Yeah, I like the effect better.  :mowcookie  Hmm...  Something I noticed about the curved tails, though: about half of them seem to be just above the characters' heads.  I would recommend pointing them toward the mouth of the speakers when possible, or at least a little more toward their heads.  :mowwink  This could easily be accomplished by either using softer curves or pulling the tip of the tail further down, depending on the situation.

Also, I'm liking the eyes.  :mowsmile  Kind of a... half-gem-with-clear-highlights.  It's particularly noticeable in the first panel.  Purdy~

Sorry to hear about your computer. :mowsad  Admittedly I'm not sure what to suggest to help prevent a repeat, other than cleaning.  Maybe a screen in front of the fan?  Though that would still have to be checked to prevent overheating... probably easier that cleaning the inside, though...

Aaaand I'm going to apologize for the long post. >.>;
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...