25/07/2010 [DMFA #1129] - One way to fix it

Started by Tapewolf, July 25, 2010, 05:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I hope Wildy doesn't change her mind.  'Course, she has to find Dan first.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PantheraLeo

Indeed, for all the effort put into building to this point it seems a bit of a odd turn to drop one of Wildy's plans cold like that.
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

MT Hazard

Ah sneaky Mab, so subtle even she doesn't know she's doing it.

More mouse problems for Amber it seem, don't know what she's doing to them I managed to make a mouse last five years, course now I have a problematic mousepad, which while Im convinced its a hardware problem technical support wants me to format my hard drive to check if its something else.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Arcblade

Huh.  Turns out one of Wildy's buttons is exasperation.  I suppose if she left and didn't tell Dan, they'd just come back. 

Well done, sneaky-Mab.  Well done. 

Inumo

I guess Wildy has a low tolerance for distractions. Gotta be hard setting every scheme she wants into motion like that...

Also, aha! So they were just Mab and Pip costumed. :P

Damaris

is it bad that, when I originally read the rant, I thought she was talking about pet mice?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

joshofspam

Sometimes I wonder if Pip might be Mab's brother in disguise and this is just them tumbling around playfighting. Wildy was just the excuse to get the situation rolling.

As for her noticing she was planning evil, it might have been her face when she was analyzing how if she screwed up it might cost Dan his life. Sure she likes to mess with her friends, but she doesn't want to kill them. She just needed a little push not to make any waves that might get Dan in trouble.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

wildmareep

Whoah, never realised but seems I've been reading for ~7-8 years.

On the mouse thing, microsoft intellimice are the cheaper side of gaming mice I think. My brother has had one for 3 years with no problem and lots of people swear by them. They're around ~$30 from what I can find

I personally use a logitech g5 which is still in perfect working order 4 years after purchase. Afaik logitech seems to be pretty reliable too, their cheaper mice (unless you game the extra $$ you pay for features you'll rarely use probably isn't worth it) look to be around ~$15

Both these brands have warranties of various lengths (depending on the mouse you buy, one of the intellimice has a 5year one) so might be good if mice seem to be prone to breaking on you.

Hope it helps a bit :3

VAE

I have just one comment - get a ball bottom mouse from Ebay or some forgotten shop still stocking them.
Mine has lasted for over 8 years already and that is with heavy diablo, diablo II and starcraft usage... it still works almost perfectly.
Only thing you need to do sometimes is open it up and scrape off the muck from the rollers
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: Damaris on July 25, 2010, 12:00:57 PM
is it bad that, when I originally read the rant, I thought she was talking about pet mice?

Well aren't they for the most part have the same life span? >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

hapless

It may be more dependent on how you use it than what it is.
I've been using mice for many years (>10 in two cases) for on average 10 hours/day, and never, _never_ had one break for me.
At the same time, my brother and father each need a new mouse every 2-3 months.
There's a slight chance of the mainboard supplying too high voltage and thus slowly damaging the mouse electronics, sure, but it's kinda less probable, in my opinion. ;)
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Shachza

Is it just me or did Wildy's tail suddenly grow really really long?
            <-- #1 that is!

Lego3400

Is it bad that I thought the same thing?

jeffh4

I like how Wildy stayed in character. Rather than suffering a bout of conscience, she instead gave in out of exasperation.

Heh. I missed Pip's shrug until I re-read the comic.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Lego3400 on July 25, 2010, 02:03:20 PM

Is it bad that I thought the same thing?

Just keep on reading and the bad thoughts go away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Pip and Mab, I must say, the two can be very effective if they know what they're doing.

Drayco84

So did I... She really needs to start adding clarification to the rants at times...

Personally, I'm starting to wonder is Amber is outright abusing her PC mice or something... All I've gotten is the cheaper $15 logitech mice with scroll wheels and they've held up pretty well, despite click-heavy tasks like Runescape and Freelancer. Either that, or she's buying overpriced mice from crappy manufacturers...

With the way she goes through mice, though, I'd almost hate to see how quickly she wears out a touchpad or touchscreen...

As for comic: Excellently played, Mab... Excellently played indeed...

Anker Steadfast

Is it me, or is Mab looking at wildy's tail ?

Well, if Amber is looking for a new mouse, I can recommend the Logitech MX518.
It's a corded mouse, so it doesn't run out of batteries.
It is lightweight - which means less strain on your wrist.
It's optical, so it doesn't get stuffed with dirt.
And the latest version has huge teflon pads, that just don't wear out.
And it's even considered a gaming mouse.

And if you want something more fancy, wireless or what have you, it makes for an excellent backup mouse.
Just don't call it Wildy. :D

Edit :

I just thought that I'd put in the mouse mat I use as well.
I use a Func Industries : Surface1030 Archetype mousemat.
Real smooth, and it can be cleaned off easily. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

PantheraLeo

>.> I had my last mouse (an old logitech) for over a [edit] most of a [/edit] decade of hard gaming. Technically still works, I replaced it before I realized all I had to do was open it up and clean off a contact.

Anyway, I like that Wildy is coming clean, but getting Wildy to the point she wanted to plot how to mess with Dan took a number of scripted events spread out over a number of strips:

1. (Destinia?/Biggs?) sending Daniel to the Soulstealer house hold.
2. Lorendia's 'rescue' of Daniel.
3. Kria toying with Daniel after his date.
4. Kria calling Lorendia
5. Lorendia crying to Wildy.
6. Three strips dedicated to Mab and Pip talking to Wildy.

Either Amber is a bit whimsical, She had a plot line building and decided to drop it, or Wildy's not done yet. Either way for a comic, no small effort was put into building dramatic tension. Something just seems a bit off all that effort being put into the setup and then dropping it. Not that I'm complaining, I don't like the dramatic tension, but still...
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

null0010

Mab seems to be missing her little glowy antennae things. :U

Jasonrevall

Quote from: null0010 on July 25, 2010, 05:28:14 PM
Mab seems to be missing her little glowy antennae things. :U

I noticed and for some reason she looks really different to me.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Shachza on July 25, 2010, 01:37:47 PM

Perhaps it looks longer because being all puffed out in frustration/ anger?

Quote from: PantheraLeo on July 25, 2010, 05:23:50 AM
Indeed, for all the effort put into building to this point it seems a bit of a odd turn to drop one of Wildy's plans cold like that.

Like stated previously, Wildy loves messing with her friends lives, but she doesn't want to see anyone dead because of her actions, especially Dan....I think she's merely going to regroup/ rethink once she calms down a bit
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Rambon

Huh... So I'm not the only one.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: D'ymkarra on July 25, 2010, 07:33:35 PM

Like stated previously, Wildy loves messing with her friends lives, but she doesn't want to see anyone dead because of her actions, especially Dan....I think she's merely going to regroup/ rethink once she calms down a bit

:P That's the characters motivation, I'm not sure that's why Amber put her in that strip.

Panthera: You're not seeing the forest though the trees!
D'ymkarra: You're not seeing the trees in the forest!

Panthera: It's the forest!
D'ymkarra: It's the trees!

Panthera: Forest!
D'ymkarra: Trees!

D'ymkarra: Look at the shiny ....
Panthera: Ohhh .... shiny ....

I'm just saying for all the effort building up here making my 'plot sense' tingle. Mayhaps this is just another step in one of Amber's evil plan to take over the world? (Narf!) It seems like she set a train in motion, and build a very thick cement wall in it's path. For the record no, I don't have much else I'd rather to all day then muse about story plots.

Edit: Yes, in case you missed the hint, I'm fishing speculation on said evil plan to take over the world. Just in case you missed the hint. Cookie?  :mowcookie

D'ymkarra

Quote from: PantheraLeo on July 25, 2010, 08:30:04 PM
Edit: Yes, in case you missed the hint, I'm fishing speculation on said evil plan to take over the world. Just in case you missed the hint. Cookie?  :mowcookie

Oh I got your point  :) I'm just more focused on near future events :mwaha
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Shachza

That would just make it fatter.  It's super long in the middle panel.  If Wildy is 3 feet tall, considering its placement, her tail is at least 4 feet long here, probably closer to 5.  That's a lot longer than ever before.
            <-- #1 that is!

Drayco84

Quote from: Shachza on July 26, 2010, 12:55:22 AM
That would just make it fatter.  It's super long in the middle panel.  If Wildy is 3 feet tall, considering its placement, her tail is at least 4 feet long here, probably closer to 5.  That's a lot longer than ever before.
Sounds like the "Jyrras's growing ears" phenomenon...
EeeHee... Heeheeheeheeheehee...

EARZILLA VS. GIGA-TAIL!

Turnsky

somebody ought to donate a big box of econo-brand optical mice to amber.  :3

at least then it'll be easier on her

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

terrycloth

I had endless trouble with ball mice before I switched to optical... the rollers would get all gummed up with hair and stop rolling (not as fast as the skin flakes you could scrape off, but every couple years). I've never had an optical mouse go bad yet. I mostly get new ones included for free with computers and crap.

As for the plotline, I don't think 'wildy not interfering' is the same as 'the entire plot leading nowhere'. It was primed for doom even before wildy entered the picture.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 26, 2010, 02:16:29 AM

EARZILLA VS. GIGA-TAIL!

Hmm ... I feel like placing bets or making a "telling tales" pun, but last time I did that I had to call my lawyer about fighting the restraining order!

So as I keep assuming amber has a plot, I'm come to a inescapable conclusion. Amber is "Ebil (So evil it's misspelled!)" master at getting me to chase my own tail. ;) So I ran though who the rest of the cast has been used for so far (and aside from amusing my self with more bad puns and an image of Daniel showing up with Pip latched on to his arm as the "pink elephant" in the room.) I think I do agree with D'ymkarra, I'm thinking Wildy makes it all of two frames over before plotting again.

Amber has never used Wildy to be 'nice' to Daniel. Wildy seems to be a favored tool on the wall when she want to hurt Daniel. First there are the thumb screw, iron maiden, Spanish Inquisition, and then having it's own stand set apart from the rest, Wildy.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: terrycloth on July 26, 2010, 04:33:29 PM
I had endless trouble with ball mice before I switched to optical... the rollers would get all gummed up with hair and stop rolling (not as fast as the skin flakes you could scrape off, but every couple years). I've never had an optical mouse go bad yet. I mostly get new ones included for free with computers and crap.

Since optical mice came out, my main problems has been worn out contacts and teflon pads.
In fact, I doubt I'll be able to wear out the teflon pads on my current mouse.
And the buttons they do take quite a while to wear out.

So I'm quite happy with the last breed of mice. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.