Snails on crystal meth

Started by Tapewolf, May 28, 2010, 12:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

This may amuse:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/28/snails_on_crystal_meth/

EDIT:

"After a lengthy and painstaking period of sitting in the lab poking snails immersed in various different mixtures of pondwater and drugs, Lukowiak and Sorg report that in fact methamphetamine makes snails' memories much better."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Scientific experiments. When snails get higher than Pope.

Shachza

It boggles my mind that this question wasn't answered sooner!
            <-- #1 that is!

Alondro

I hope people don't think this would apply to humans.  Our receptor sequences and molecular conformations are quite different than those in invertebrates.  Chemicals that affect them in a certain way do not necessarily do the same things to us.

This is very apparent in pharmaceuticals.  Often compounds which don't seem toxic in mice have side effects in primates.  That is why rodents are primarily used for discerning mechanism of action, general metabolism of the agent, and gross toxicity data and not for evidence of clinical safety and efficacy.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on June 01, 2010, 11:31:35 AM
I hope people don't think this would apply to humans. 

have you seen what meth can do to people? it's not pretty.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kafzeil

Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

VAE

Quote from: Kafzeil on June 01, 2010, 02:01:08 PM
My apologies if you have seen this before, but this is what instantly popped in my head.
This is soo utterly awesome!!!
I had my reproductor turned up quite low so i thought it was a real document until the automobile showed... i was even wondering about how the pictures conflicted with another (this time legitimate) experiment i saw about this.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth