11/06/09 [DMFA #1057] - Insert foot into mouth. Error: Foot rejected!

Started by !KCA, November 06, 2009, 04:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

senrath

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 07:19:29 AM
Slow enough that Beings invented cars and aircraft, I guess...
That might not be due to Gryphons being too slow, but rather that they are living creatures that are subject to many problems that mechanical devices usually aren't.

Garsemor

A map would just mess things up, and besides, the Fea would propably do something like switch some continents around or causing the universe to collapse on itself again, there by making the map incorrect. :<
Universal collapse referenced "here".

Alondro

*Charline chuckles*  Ah, the brain-to-mouth response problem... the first sign of LOVE!!  Little Danny is getting a crush on Matilda!  Tee-hee-hee!   :giggle

And I think Charles could get Amber a new immune system.  He's a biologist in a research hospital.  I don't there will be too many horrible side effects.  Maybe a few...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

I don't know what to say about this wrench in Dan's plan, but I love the topic title.  I applaud you.

...I've had moments like this.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Sofox

The tragic thing is that you can actually see this one coming (well, from maybe a panel away).
Dan's too much of a fly by the seat of my pants guy that he'd naturally go autopilot with the talking unless he'd really put thought into how to maneuver the situation in advance.

inuhanyo

Quote from: ooklah on November 06, 2009, 12:04:51 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 07:14:54 AM
Quote from: Succubus_1982 on November 06, 2009, 06:56:47 AM
Matilda deserves an awesome date though imo, because she's such a nice sweet person/thing.

...or so she seems.  I suspect she is, but the way she acts towards Dan is almost predatory.  If she was the 'Cubi and he was the mythos, it would look very suspicious.

And there's that nagging thought in the back of my head where he idly mentions he fought blue mythos from the volcanoes before...

Back in 641.  Not exactly idle, given the way the conversation had been going, Matilda had mentioned that her kind of mythos were considered vicious, while responding to Dan's question of why his being an Incubus didn't bother her.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2009, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 06, 2009, 01:50:28 PM
This is why we need a map of Furrae. :P  And what if lost lake is close enough to the sea to be considered a lagoon?  Or is that name only used to describe bodies of water on islands?

I thought lagoons had to be seawater and lakes fresh...

Lagoons are shallow bodies of salt or brackish water semi-connected to oceans or seas.  If they are fed by freshwater they are called estuaries.

Lakes, if they have no outlet, will be salty (e.g. The Great Salt Lake).   But this is fairly rare, the majority of lakes are freshwater.  However it's not part of the definition.

Re: Gryphon carts.   Limited by the number of Gryphons willing and able to provide such service, which is probably not large enough to meet all of the beings transport needs.   They appear to fill a niche similar to horse drawn carriages in, say, New York city.   Not just mere transportation, but with a certain ambiance and style.

Heh, and given an opening, Matilda suggests a bar and grill.

I notice Dan has taken one of Abels' suggestions, and is wearing a shirt that covers his clan mark.

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on November 07, 2009, 05:37:49 AM
Wait a second... Where does she keep her keys?

6-digit entry code?  Magical lock?

Quote from: inuhanyo on November 06, 2009, 11:35:12 PM
Re: Gryphon carts.   Limited by the number of Gryphons willing and able to provide such service, which is probably not large enough to meet all of the beings transport needs.   They appear to fill a niche similar to horse drawn carriages in, say, New York city.   Not just mere transportation, but with a certain ambiance and style.

Demonology says that Gryphons resent their being made redundant by recent tech and are fighting back through acts of terrorism  :B

EDIT:
I just noticed - even Dan's original plan wasn't to go to the same restaurant - looks like he was going somewhere close by and hoping that anything to threaten Alexsi would be a massive disturbance he'd be able to pick up on.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Titanium Dragon

Of course, if anything DOES happen to her, he'll feel incredibly guilty that he wasn't there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on November 07, 2009, 09:47:02 AM
Of course, if anything DOES happen to her, he'll feel incredibly guilty that he wasn't there.

If anything happens to her that a Dragon can't protect against, it would assuredly kill Dan too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Pagan

Aye, but that won't stop Dan from feeling guilty.

Though I've got the feeling that nothing horrendous will happen to Alexsi on her date.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Pagan on November 07, 2009, 10:29:34 AM
Though I've got the feeling that nothing horrendous will happen to Alexsi on her date.

... just to Dan. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pagan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 07, 2009, 10:40:24 AM
Quote from: Pagan on November 07, 2009, 10:29:34 AM

... just to Dan. ;-]

That's... not what I meant  :sweatdrop, but somehow I don't disagree.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Mwa

Is it just me or does Alexsi look like she's slowly slipping out of her clothes?

Lucheek

Wow. Whatever show Alexsi and Pyro are going to, it really does look beautiful. Kind of looks like it'd be some constellation ballet. Very pretty.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Mwa on November 08, 2009, 07:54:16 AM
Is it just me or does Alexsi look like she's slowly slipping out of her clothes?

Alexsi's outfit is both more elegant and more reveling than her usual wardrobe.   The Theiss Titillation Theory has been applied.  That Alexsi has chosen to do this for her date with Pyroduck should encourage Fa'lina no end.