Um... what was I... ah, right.

Started by hapless, July 18, 2009, 02:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapless

Goooood evening, CMF!
You succeeded in trapping another soul.

To make things clear up front, I will be lurking more often than not - I rarely can find something to say that hadn't been said already. I hope that won't be a problem for you all.
Said that, you have a really interesting place here. A lot to read.

Regards,
//h
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Tapewolf

Quote from: hapless on July 18, 2009, 02:56:30 PM
Said that, you have a really interesting place here. A lot to read.

I've noticed.  Unless I'm much mistaken you seem to have chewed your way through Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn, Future History, Furrae Chronicles, Furrae Chronicles RP and Brotherhood of the Machine both the game and the OOC thread, plus of all things, my house-moving thread from 2007.  Made me wonder if I had a stalker on my hands  :P

Anyway, welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.  I'm thinking you probably have, but no harm in checking.  Aside from that, be good, have fun and enjoy your stay.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

hapless

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2009, 03:16:29 PM
I've noticed.  Unless I'm much mistaken you seem to have chewed your way through Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn, Future History, Furrae Chronicles, Furrae Chronicles RP and Brotherhood of the Machine both the game and the OOC thread, plus of all things, my house-moving thread from 2007.  Made me wonder if I had a stalker on my hands  :P
Guilty as charged, Sir. I've read them all. (And here I thought that nobody else is bored enough to watch the "Who's Online" list...)
That home moving thread was actually an example of Wikipedia/TVTropes syndrome - "middle click now, think later". :)
Besides, another look at the rules page probably won't hurt... it's not like they are very long.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2009, 03:16:29 PM
Anyway, welcome aboard.  Don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.  I'm thinking you probably have, but no harm in checking.  Aside from that, be good, have fun and enjoy your stay.
Thank you, Sir, I'll try to adhere.
//h
PS. I confess to downloading and enjoying your music, too. :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: hapless on July 18, 2009, 03:42:27 PM
Besides, another look at the rules page probably won't hurt... it's not like they are very long.
They're not exactly short, either.  And some of them are rather obscure.

QuotePS. I confess to downloading and enjoying your music, too. :D
Thanks!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2009, 04:08:41 PM
Quote from: hapless on July 18, 2009, 03:42:27 PM
They're not exactly short, either.  And some of them are rather obscure.

Oh, we try to make them as unobscure as possible. Did you have any in mind that could be clarified?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

Hello, hapless. Here, have a new Proto-Slime. *Presents pulsating goo.* Welcome to this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

hapless

Why, thanks!
What's the catch? Well, besides the obvious fact that I owe you one now?

//h

Unbeknownst

The catch is the enigma itself...
    The enigma is unkown
Remember just embrace the darkness and the worlds enigmas will be revealed to you.

Mao

Every time you try and be all cryptic and cool, with this act of badass and darkness, the chosen deity of everyone who reads this board kills a kitten.  Please.. spare the kitties.  There are furries on this board, they'll lynch you if you don't.

Unbeknownst

Your deity may kill a kitten for no meaning....
But.
My deity devours kittens, they are meaningless...
They are just food for the damned.
But in the end, we all end up as zombie kittens...

Sprocketsdance

umm... :animesweat... well I welcome you with nice warm huggles before you can object!! :tighthug

Mao

Quote from: Unbeknownst on July 20, 2009, 02:42:47 AM
But.

Yeah.  No.  Seriously, it's not cool.

Turnsky

But.

my money's on the paper dog lasting longer than you right about now.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RJ

I welcome you with muffins. Lots and lots of muffins. :rj

EDIT: Forgot to add a MWAHAHAHAHA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

But.

Nice to see your posts are as meaningless as ever. Fix that, otherwise we'll nab you under Rule Four.

Oh, and that's a nice avatar. I think the last person who used it grew up, eventually, and got something worth looking at. We were nice enough to let him be until his mental age reached double digits, though.

Kimmy

Greetings greetings! ^^ I'm quite glad to see new faces! Enjoy your stay here and revel in the fact that... uh... <Insert poignant and interesting fact here> ! See, don't you feel more educated? :3
Oh god, there are so many tails D:

TheJimTimMan

Greetings from a CMF newbie to a CMF newbie, my good sir. This place has indeed proved very interesting so far and judging by the rate at which you chewed through what would appear to be the major literary works on this board you think so too. I mean hell, I don't even know where to find half of the items Tapewolf listed, having only read half of the BotM RP thread and about 20(?) chapters of the Furrae Chronicles story Gareeku put up on DA... oh, and the Chronicles/Future History of Mr. Pettersohn.

I shall salute your reading prowess and promptly hide under the nearest box that isn't Learch.

Brownie

Know what? I'm going to state the obvious:
Ignore unbeknownst and hate him. He wants everyone to know him, but what is knowing someone worth if you hate them?

hapless

Quote from: TheJimTimMan on July 23, 2009, 09:01:44 PM
I don't even know where to find half of the items Tapewolf listed, having only read half of the BotM RP thread
Usually when a RP thread is getting split and archived, first post of the new one contains links to the previous parts.
I believe that search page wants to become your friend, too... the "Only in topic names" option is often useful.

Quote from: Brownie on July 24, 2009, 03:27:58 AM
Know what? I'm going to state the obvious:
That was my job... *sigh* well, different forum, different customs. I'll leave my resume, just in case.

Quote from: Brownie on July 24, 2009, 03:27:58 AM
Ignore unbeknownst and hate him.
Ignore, yes. But hate? Would you hate somebody in a wheel chair? Unbeknownst also has a disability, it's just not physical.
Besides, he will feed on your hate and become stronger. And we do not want that, do we?

Sincerely,
//h

Brownie

Trust me. Hating him is your best option.
At least here. In RL, he's still very annoying.
But in the "I hate you too much to really hate you" kind of way...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: hapless on July 24, 2009, 04:12:16 AM
Quote from: TheJimTimMan on July 23, 2009, 09:01:44 PM
I don't even know where to find half of the items Tapewolf listed, having only read half of the BotM RP thread
Usually when a RP thread is getting split and archived, first post of the new one contains links to the previous parts.
I believe that search page wants to become your friend, too... the "Only in topic names" option is often useful.

If you look in the Treasury, that's where we put stuff that's been archived. So you can limit your search to there, and it'll limit the load on the server, thanks muchly. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2009, 06:32:30 AM
If you look in the Treasury, that's where we put stuff that's been archived. So you can limit your search to there, and it'll limit the load on the server, thanks muchly. ;-]

I don't suppose it's possible to make 'Advanced' search the default?

llearch n'n'daCorna

hapless

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2009, 06:57:11 AM
Not to my knowledge, no.
It can be set as default somehow. Another forum I visit, also at SMF v1.1.10, shows the "advanced" search by default. It's not a matter of skin/link, because the full form is shown at the ?action=search , not ?action=search:advanced URL.

And I do limit my searches to a specific subforum whenever I can... that's about 95% of the time.

//h

EDIT: Quick test install of SMF tell me it's Admin -> Search -> uncheck "enable simple search".

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: hapless on July 24, 2009, 07:21:42 AM
EDIT: Quick test install of SMF tell me it's Admin -> Search -> uncheck "enable simple search".

Cheers for that. I _think_ I'd left it as simple search because that matches many of our users. We'll see how many people notice and/or complain... ;-]

hapless

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2009, 08:34:48 AM
We'll see how many people notice and/or complain... ;-]

User Test Result: No further complaints, nor life signs received from customer.

Tapewolf

TheJimTimMan

Quote from: hapless on July 24, 2009, 04:12:16 AM

hapless attacks TheJimTimMan with the painfully obvious! It's super effective! TheJimTimMan now feels incredibly stupid.
Just goes to show how new I am to forums in general... thank you kindly, I have now lost another 48 hours of my life to this forum and its contents.

hapless

Quote from: TheJimTimMan on July 24, 2009, 06:21:11 PM
I have now lost another 48 hours of my life to this forum and its contents.
That's just the beginning of your journey... take care, but don't forget to have a good time!
//h