I Feel Sick

Started by thegayhare, March 18, 2009, 01:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

It's a comic by Jhonen Vasquez creator of Johnny the homicidal maniac, Squee! and Invader Zim.

and I think It's a comic that despite it's surrealism a lot of artistic folks might rather like. It's about an artist named Devi (the girl who got away in JtHM) working on a commission she despises and suffering from a form of artistic blockage when it comes to the work she does for herself.

It's an interesting read with an unusual story... and a short cameo by Johnny.

If you haven't heard of It I suggest you find a copy it's well worth it in my opinion ...

Slave Labor Graphics has both issues of it on sale still, along with issues of Johnny, Fillerbunny, and squee
http://www.slgcomic.com/

Personaly one of my favorite lines from the who thing comes in the second book from an executive stooge standing on his desk screaming at an artist...

"I'm Going to rape you up the butt and then throw you out the window!"

No real reason but a line like that sticks with you

GabrielsThoughts

I alomost got a copy of it once...they were selling it on amazon for a $109.00

My sister had a copy too, but i never read it...which  I immediately regretted once I saw the price tag.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 21, 2009, 12:35:43 PM
I alomost got a copy of it once...they were selling it on amazon for a $109.00

My sister had a copy too, but i never read it...which  I immediately regretted once I saw the price tag.

I don't understand the price I've seen that on amazon too

SLG is still selling the comic for 4 dollars  a piece

GabrielsThoughts

Ok, I bought it from SLG. I read it. it has some silly moments in it, I'm really impressed with the paper quality of the issues... It has some artist related humor that I found hysterical. the ending was kinda bland though. I can't say I've ever had a personal experience where one of my personal demons came to life and tried to suck out my brains. There were several redeeming jokes in the story, but nothing that sets it apart from other Vasquez works... which is probably because it exists  in the same freaking universe. Tenna reminded me of Futurama's  Amy Wong for some reason. Squee  is arguably the best in the book series, and Invader Zim is just awesome.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.