INKHEART: Not bad, but not good either

Started by GabrielsThoughts, January 19, 2009, 03:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

I was surprised to find this movie excellent, considering how cheesy the commercials made it look. I went ahead and saw it anyway and the performance was spectacular. A Christmas movie that transcends  the Christmas holiday and is more or less Die Hard in a Shopping Mall.... stand by for further spoilers.

EDIT: I recently watched ink heart, it's an okay for one viewing type movie. unfortunately, I get the feeling I've seen it all before, and the villains are such incompetent  boobs they wouldn't have lasted a year in the real world, and I mean that in the most literal sense. The villains all seem to have an IQ of less than 75 and Slivertounge or whatever the hero of the movie wishes to call himself  is too stupid to go to make back up copies of an original and final copy of a manuscript that is supposedly nesesary ... ironically it turns out that the book is unnecessary by the end of the movie, all that was needed was the authors pen.. durrrr. the fire magic is awesome, but then again a man with the ablity to control fire is too incompetent to use it to it's full potential .... so actually the major problem with the film is ....you have a bunch of ignorant  individuals with superhuman powers, but they are all too stupid to use their abilities to benefit anyone but a incompetent  villain from the dark ages with bellow average intelligence...

you know, if what I read aloud was miraculously brought into existence, I could think of better things to do with my time than worry about my responsibility for bringing a handfull of criminals into the world.... I would most likely bring back Jesus Christ, maybe even  Gahndi and Martin Luther King Jr.  to balance things out. then the _FIRST_ thing I would do is seek out the author, instead of hunting for a copy of a book that no one can get a hold of  for ten years... honestly, it's as if the  characters aren't blessed with human intelligence at all...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: The Police Chief Dude
"You and what army?" He has an army!

Anyway, I found it quite interesting as well. It was funny, had a good plot, modern-day ninja types (anything with ninjas is automatically awesome), and hilarious one-liners. It was quite enjoyable, although throughout the first quarter or so of the movie I kept thinking "they're making a Dragon Ball live-action movie!  :boogie" although the movie actually managed to keep my mind off of that once it started going.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

GabrielsThoughts

no, reusing a thread that's a week or more older and was afraid that no one would see it, I forgot to bump after adding dialog.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 25, 2009, 04:20:45 PM
no, reusing a thread that's a week or more older and was afraid that no one would see it, I forgot to bump after adding dialog.
I thought it might be something like that, but wouldn't it have been more sensible to post the additional stuff as a new post?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rabid_fox

I took 130 teenagers to watch it and they enjoyed it. I hold this film in great esteem for that fact alone.

Oh dear.

Alondro

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 25, 2009, 05:06:35 PM

I took 130 teenagers to watch it and they enjoyed it. I hold this film in great esteem for that fact alone.

Teenagers also liked "Twilight", putting this film in the same class; therefore I hold this film with disgust and vomit.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Alondro on January 25, 2009, 08:58:29 PM

Teenagers also liked "Twilight", putting this film in the same class; therefore I hold this film with disgust and vomit.

I resent that. I was disgusted by the thought of Twilight before I even found out it was being made into a movie.

Elieana

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on January 26, 2009, 06:08:12 PM

I resent that. I was disgusted by the thought of Twilight before I even found out it was being made into a movie.

I Second that emotion :P

Sunblink

Quote from: Elieana on January 29, 2009, 02:49:05 PM
Quote from: Tyranastrasz on January 26, 2009, 06:08:12 PM

I Second that emotion :P

Thirded, although my sister seems to have been swept up in the Twilight-loving storm :<

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 30, 2009, 09:28:28 AM
Thirded, although my sister seems to have been swept up in the Twilight-loving storm :<

Are you sure you two are related?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2009, 09:42:07 AM

*looks at own Twilight-reading sister who asked for the entire book series for Christmas* Sometimes siblings like to think they're not related, and Keaton's probably of the same mindset of me and my sister here :b
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 30, 2009, 10:04:49 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2009, 09:42:07 AM

*looks at own Twilight-reading sister who asked for the entire book series for Christmas* Sometimes siblings like to think they're not related, and Keaton's probably of the same mindset of me and my sister here :b

Thankfully, I only have an older brother. We're both in complete agreement that Twilight sux.