01/25/09 [#118] - Well that should earn Ace a backhand to the bach of the head.

Started by joshofspam, January 25, 2009, 11:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well its impolite to make such comments. But it can be impolite and awkward to be right to. I have brain damage and turrets and it got awkward in high school and annoying at times. :cry

But it is interesting about the glasses. How do they work? Man medical there sounds so much better then here on earth :).
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

LionHeart

I've heard of lenses like that.

Apparently, it's something to do with the orange tint to them...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

MT Hazard

Coloured lens can help some people, there's also coloured clear sheets to go over paper.  Some people just prefer diffrent coloured paper because there's to much of a glare to white paper.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Brunhidden

one existing theory on how autism works is that its a side effect of information overload, perhaps the glasses filter out some small part of her environment that just so happens to make her brain go funny
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Personally, I'd rather a forehand to a backhand. The back of the hand has very little padding, a heck of a lot of nerves, and an awful lot of bone.

It'd hurt the hand more than his head, I think.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 26, 2009, 09:26:27 AM
Heh. Personally, I'd rather a forehand to a backhand. The back of the hand has very little padding, a heck of a lot of nerves, and an awful lot of bone.

It'd hurt the hand more than his head, I think.

Ha. When you think about it, you give a excellent point. The original person that invented the idea of backhanding someone might have meant something else by doing that. (Weird).

When I see someone give the backhand to someone it's more of playfulness between friends. But it it's always with the forehand. Was it used for some other purpose or meaning?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, a backhand uses the back of the hand.

My dad always used to call it a "clip round the ears"...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

the trick is to make a whipping motion where the knuckles graze the face- maximum output for minimum input

done correctly, as my father often did, its almost got enough force of spin to knock someone over. combined with the stunning effect its actually quite possible to land someone on their rear with a well executed backhand

however, back to the topic of being PC i do think its a good case of insert foot into mouth, but ask yourself if any of the microphones caught it, and how does the audience feel about autism being used as an insult?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

joshofspam

I wonder if the cameras will stay away from such conversations between Ace and Daisy? It may be a ratings boost if it was just your casual trash talk. But I would consider that hitting below the belt right there.

I must say jigsaw that your new design of your web page is very nice. The part where you can put little notes to little things like the auntie glasses is very helpful.