I'm back

Started by shadowterm, July 18, 2008, 01:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowterm

Well, and this is going to be really surprising, Summer school was really boring. But, Im back, and I will never let by grades fall below a C ever again. Anyway, Hi and it's great to be back.

P.S. Kids, do your homework, being lazy NOW is great, but doing 3 and a half hours of copying down textbook chapters twice a day is not a fair trade. (Also, the italics police have just issued me a warning.)
/)//w//(\

Jairus

Well, welcome back, shadowterm. I don't think we've been introduced: the name's Jairus (pronounced Jay-rus), of no relation to everyone's favorite little kangaroo rat.

As for the whole summer school thing... I'm having a blast! Of course, I chose to do classes this summer in order to have a handful of extra units once fall rolls around.

PS: Hey, you're in Nevada! In the scale of the US, you're my next door neighbor! (I'm about 156 miles away from Reno, or something like that.)
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

shadowterm

Nice to meet you, I'm the kind of person that randomly jumps from sane to bat shait (that's sayt) crazy. Also, to prevent the possible offense to referencing both your signature and name, I would like to say it was typed in good humor and not meant in any sense of malice.
/)//w//(\

Pagan

I don't think I know you either. Hello.
Westeners? Bah, Georgia's the place to be.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: shadowterm on July 18, 2008, 01:43:10 AM
Nice to meet you, I'm the kind of person that randomly jumps from sane to bat shait (that's sayt) crazy. Also, to prevent the possible offense to referencing both your signature and name, I would like to say it was typed in good humor and not meant in any sense of malice.

No worries, I'm a little crazy myself. You'll find that out when I eventually get around to posting some of my world-building exercises for my fantasy universe under the Tower of Art. Let me put it this way: the only surefire way to kill a Faerie is to basically torture it to the point that it kills itself. If you know what you're doing, this shouldn't take longer than a minute or so.

VSMIT

Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 01:54:02 AM
Nah.  I like it over here.  It's quiet.  Kinda.  Sorta.  Not really.

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on July 18, 2008, 02:15:44 AM
Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 01:54:02 AM
Nah.  I like it over here.  It's quiet.  Kinda.  Sorta.  Not really.

Wait... where are you?

VSMIT

South of where you are.

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on July 18, 2008, 02:26:01 AM
South of where you are.

Well, California's a pretty big state, and I'm in the general vicinity of Sacramento.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think any of my overall grades ever fell below a C. Hm, I sometimes wonder what my As, Bs and Cs would have been if I'd studied or focused in any way (honor roll without ever caring: I hate myself sometimes)

VSMIT

I'll be up in Roseville the beginning of August for a family reunion.

But I live in SoCal.

Pagan

Quote from: Jairus on July 18, 2008, 02:28:15 AM

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think any of my overall grades ever fell below a C. Hm, I sometimes wonder what my As, Bs and Cs would have been if I'd studied or focused in any way (honor roll without ever caring: I hate myself sometimes)

Why bother hating yourself when all the kids that worked their asses off already do? I'm your boat though and I do ask myself the same thing.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on July 18, 2008, 02:28:55 AM
I'll be up in Roseville the beginning of August for a family reunion.

But I live in SoCal.

Ah, cool. Nice to know there's at least one person from California on the board: it makes me feel a little less lonely. Meanwhile, I think we should get on topic before a mod finds us. Welcome again, shadowterm!

Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 02:32:47 AM
Quote from: Jairus on July 18, 2008, 02:28:15 AM
Why bother hating yourself when all the kids that worked their asses off already do? I'm your boat though and I do ask myself the same thing.

I'm even worse now. I finish six page essay thirty minutes before they're due, with no editing or proofreading aside from what I picked up while writing was is essentially a FIRST DRAFT, and I have never gotten below a C+: usually it's a B, and on a few occasions an A. I haven't got the heart to tell my teachers... or my classmates.

VSMIT

Quote from: Jairus on July 18, 2008, 02:28:15 AMHm, I sometimes wonder what my As, Bs and Cs would have been if I'd studied or focused in any way (honor roll without ever caring: I hate myself sometimes)
That's me as well.  I just didn't do my homework half the time.

And I doubt that any of the mods would get angry at this...  They derail topics all the time.

Pagan

Don't tell them unless they can share a similar story. Then it's laughter and comradeship. Other wise it's glares and feeling uncomfortable.

VSMIT

shadowterm

I see I'm not alone. See, USUALLY I get good grades without effort, but thats when I do the assignments. I didn't, and suffered. On the subject of essays, I wrote one in five minuets that was two pages long and got an A+ on it. I really advocated my view though. It was one of those "Being fat is the fast food peoples fault" ones where they blamed child obesity on fast food companies. I ripped it a new one and pointed out that the parents were the ones buying all the crap for them in the first place.
/)//w//(\

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, shadowterm. That's just too easy.

Arguing that it _is_ the companies' fault, despite it blatantly not being so? Now that's a challenge.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

shadowterm

Actually, it was more my evidence and rather "strongly worded" responses, mixed with a lot of connotatively negative words, that won me the A, using logic doesn't take you very far in a persuasive essay. You have to punch them in the gut with your view.
/)//w//(\