Technical problems *solved*

Started by thegayhare, March 24, 2008, 11:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Well recently my sister decided to get rid of her LG chocolate in favor of a Razor. 

She gave her old phone to me.  I want to use it as just a plain old music player and I don't need the phone side at all..  About half the memory of the phone itself is used up by the phone portion

I've got a all the parts, usb cables and the like but I'm having trouble figuring out some of it.  I've figured how to get music from my computer onto the phone,  but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from the phones camera onto my computer, or how to put pictures onto the phone.

I've been reading the manuals and looking for on line FAqs but they seem pretty useless.  Also I was wondering if anyone knows a way to re allocate some of the memory the phone allocates to contacts and the like over to music.

Sorry to be a bother everyone

llearch n'n'daCorna

I doubt there's a way of doing that.

On the other hand, if the thing has space for an external card, that'd be a better move. I'd throw in crucial.com as a good place to get one...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 24, 2008, 01:36:56 PM
I doubt there's a way of doing that.

On the other hand, if the thing has space for an external card, that'd be a better move. I'd throw in crucial.com as a good place to get one...

Oh it does have a spot for a Mirco SD and I was planning on looking for one anyway thanks for the site I'll check it out. 

Still I'd like to be able to use the camera and  to have some furry pictures as the wall paper so I'm still hoping to get the pics from the phone to the pc

llearch n'n'daCorna

Let me be more precise - transferring things across is probably fairly easy.

Changing the space allocations is the doubtful bit.

You'll probably be needing the connection cable (USB or otherwise) and the drivers on the PC in order to copy stuff back and forth. Those drivers are, for Nokias, about 28Mb, because they include all sorts of programs and stuff.

I don't have any LG phones, though, so I don't know that I can help you any further...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 24, 2008, 05:11:43 PM
Changing the space allocations is the doubtful bit.
CE 3 and 4 do this sort of thing, so it's not unheard of - although the space in that instance is split between storage and program memory. 

The Chocolate seems to run its own custom OS, so I can't really suggest much without seeing one  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

thanks everyone but I found a solution

I found a program called Bit Palm that lets me upload and download data to my phone via usb cable

Thanks all