The next Fantasy Battle?

Started by Xuzaf D, January 24, 2006, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

Oh sure. Obvious charactors like Wario, Daisy, Diddy Kong, and K. Rool are only a start. They could break the MvsC2 record of 56 without breaking a sweat. I'm pretty sure we all already discussed SSB Revo before, haven't we?

Robo-AgentKiri

the new TMNT was targeted to retarded people on the basis that they wouldn't have aired it if it wasn't. i mean, have you seen the remakes of some new anime? all crap! lol. oh, and i happen to agree about konami's lacking numbers thing, very smart. since yu gi oh was already taken by Jump Superstars and sucks in there, too.

Damaris

Dmoon: I dunno if we have or not, man...

But yeah, I will grant that Nintendo could jump the number of characters. It's matter of keeping it all fresh, though. Too many retreads would be lame.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

ilpalazzo

Damaris

New characters from the mario series? Well... What, Boo and Koopa are about the only two non retreads that would actually work well as characters in SSB

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Xuzaf D

Damaris

Dmoon: Fair enough.

I still wanna see Kid Icarus as a playable character. That and the balloon fighter. Those two would be interesting, I think.

Xuzaf D

What about team combination attacks? They're good fun. Not like that Marvel Vs. Capcom stuff where everybody just does their regular moves at the same time, though- something different.

Robo-AgentKiri

good thinking.
first of all, MvC shoves everything into an all-force-in-one shot. How i see it, a fighting game needs combined, sequential attacks like one after the other combos, not all in one. that is why mervel vs. capcom is so broken. because they forced too much combos into one, and they made infinite combos for practically every chraracter. here is what i believe should be in there:
Customizable Combos by way of a universal button combination (from GGX, the RC)
Sequential Special attacks. EX: one special sets up for the next, which happens right after.
Escapable specials- come on. if specials are unescapable, that is so cheap if you can just keep doing that special. hence the elimination of infinite combos.
Defensive advantages- BURST, or recovery (GGX)
Multiple People per team-MVC this is for good reason. Combos of chracters should be greatly emphasized because of morals those characters have in story modes. but that is not from MVC,  however. at least maximize the effeciency of the combination specials.
And one button taunts- mashers need to be mocked.

Xuzaf D

My complaint was that the "team moves" are just everybody doing their regular moves at the same time. I'm talking about charactors doing something different as a team move like launching a team member or holding the enemy down while your friends kick them in sensitive places. MvC just had tandem attacks.

And I don't see why any fantasy fighter has to have the makings of a Guilty Gear game just to avoid infinite combos. Sure Iron Man and Cable were whores in MvC but to avoid such cheap gameplay, a game only needs to avoid giving charactors cheap moves to prevent 100-hit combo orgies.

Robo-AgentKiri

i'm not asking for makings, but more of references. lol. and you are right, cable and war machine suck, cause they're so broken, it's like wtf? but avoiding of infinite combos is essential to making a game a challenging one. not like guilty gear has all the ultimate stuff, it has its infinite combos. all i ask is that the fantasy game be so fast-paced, beatdowns will be two-sided, not one, unlike all of the previous fighters. oh, and taunt buttons should be assigned, too. just to get mashers to stop mashing.

Darkmoon

Well the most obvious one would be Bowser teaming up with Luigi or Mario, and doing the Mario Toss (ala Super Mario RPG). Combos like that that relate to the character would be awesome.

Of course, it depends on what game we're gonan discuss in detail as to what combos we can really get into. Street Fighter combos would be different than SSB.

Xuzaf D

When SF had team moves in Ex3, only a few moves actually qualified as team techniques while the rest were just tandem attacks. I didn't like how Ryu could only do a move with Ken and most everyone else didn't have the ability at all. I think it would be nice if everyone had something universal, and maybe a few charactors like Mario and Luigi or Ryu and Ken would have those little partner exclusive moves.

ilpalazzo

Come D'Moon lets use Our exclusive team attack

*sits down and eats a sandwich*

Darkmoon

(masturbates on Illy P's face)

I dunno what this team attack did, but I feel more relaxed.

Xuzaf D

Ridley Vs. Andross

ilpalazzo

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 20, 2006, 10:33:35 AM
(masturbates on Illy P's face)

I dunno what this team attack did, but I feel more relaxed.

I'm going to take a cold shower now.................

olroxshade

Serge vs Chrono
Kid Vs Male
Lucia vs Magus
Fate vs Lavos

Robo-AgentKiri

Lol. Guilty Gear would show some interesting combinations...
Sol's aerial Tyrant Rave + Ky's Ride the Lightning
Faust's Kageroshi (the special with the four chests) + if the othe rplayer guesses wrong, your other chracter attacks from the chosen chest
Pretty funny how things'll work considering how games are beginning to show some challenges. Much unlike the SC series.

Xuzaf D

What are twelve or something? You seem so oblivious...

Paavo

Darkmoon