Curling

Started by Damaris, February 17, 2006, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

So, as I'm sure everyone knows, the Olympics are on.  We have been unable to catch much of the evening programming, due to our work schedule, but we tune in while we're getting ready for work.  All this week, at that time, they have been showing curling.

Now, I used to think this was a fairly boring sport, up there with golf and tennis... but it is actually fairly addictive and complusively watchable.  I highly recommend it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

ilpalazzo

Wait..... Curling is an olympic sport?

olroxshade

Well,in this moment I watching the ice skating,and a question.
for why reason is called Torino,if they are in Turin?

Damaris

Yes, Curling is an olympic sport.  It's the only on that Denmark, for example, sent a team to compete in.

Olroxshade- I think that the city the games are named after is the home base for all of the major bits.  However, many of the events require special setups or large tracks of land, so they're spread out some, in this case to other cities.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Sin Ominous

Turin is how it's called by those in the West. Turino is the Italian pronunciation, specifically chosen by the mayor et al to bring in some local flavor to the games.

Darkmoon

Curling is actually a blast to watch. Well... okay... interesting. Sorts cool seeing all the shots and angles.

Also, another sport that was fun to watch that I always ragged on: Biathalon.

olroxshade

This olimpycs games are so interesant........and,is true who in Italy is crime consume drugs?