In for a Penny

Started by Zina, February 01, 2007, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

I hope it's ok that I'm starting a topic for this here. Lemme know if it isn't, and I'll move it to my art thread, or something.

So for the past two weeks, a friend and I have been working on a comic project for school. We're going to continue to work on it throughout the quarter, so if you hear me mumble about how I spent all night inking comics, this is probably what I'm talking about.
The comic is called "In For a Penny". Basic premise is that a 19 year old boy named Tony wants to move out of his parents house, and meets a girl over the internet who's looking for a roomie. She refuses to let him pay rent, however.   Tony insists, and they agree on letting him pay a penny a day for an entire year.
What's the catch? Well.
You'll see.

The first six pages can be found here. 
We switch off after every three pages, and plan on updating three pages a week. We'll probably move it off freewebs onto a better webhost once things start picking up.
Give it a look. :3

Hurrhurr, shameless self-promotion.

Boog

Looks cool. Can't wait to see more. And out of curiosity, how old's the guy who's staying at the house? He seems rather short.

Zina

Roureem Egas

Well, I've gotten interested in it. I blame you for this if anything happens Zina. D:<

It's a pretty cool design, and I have to say that the boy is short. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

At least you're blatant about it being shameless self-promotion. :-)

.. and you've put it in a separate thread, so people can ignore it, should they so desire :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Fixed up the background and there's a tagboard now. TEACH IT A LESSON.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Should I point out the way the site doesn't let you view the images in a reasonable size, instead forcing you to "view image" on each and every page?

Or is that dependant on the size of your monitor?

Zina

Try clicking on the image. It should take you to another window where the comic is regular-sized.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Huh.

It does, but it's not showing up as a link - changing the mouse appropriately, I mean.

Tiger_T

first some critique:
Can you add  'previous' and 'next' buttons to the big pages? :3
It's less inconvenient that way. :P
One won't have to leave your comicverse* after every page to get tho the next one. (*not being in the story and thinking about navigating)
Also: It's pre-loading, am I right? It's not too bad with only six pages, but when you reach a few more pages, modem-users will start starving in front of their screens. - Now surely you wouldn't want that, would you? :rolleyes
(Besides: Once you've read the first pages, it's unneccessary to load them every time you check for updates.)

It's an interesting start! Let's see what'll happen next.
I added your link to my checking-list. 8) d
:mowsmile
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Zina

We're still tooling around with the page design and layout. It did just go up yesterday, so it's far from perfect. X3
We'll probably do more work on it this weekend. N's the one with the HTML know-how, and she's got work at night while I'm busy during the day.