Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well... not until Amber catches you...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

oh, like she'll be mad.  She'll just go... "whee, no update today!"

;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Doesn't she do that every day? Y'know, until she realises it's update day? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nikki

Well, i, myself want a book too, and i've found a solution:

I print the comics off XD (i've stopped at comic 145 cuz i ran out of ink ;; )

X3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

ShiningShadow

Then you could get a bounded leather binder and *viola* you have a book but hey whatever you guys are doing it's your thing not me If and when Amber decides to print that book one day I'll be the first one to get the two copies.

GabrielsThoughts

Adobe Illustrator can supposedly help you blow up Jpeg artwork to jumbo-jet-sized images from low quality jpegs, but that's just a rumor, you would need to find an expert on the subject and pay him a boat load of money.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShiningShadow

You didn't hear these suggestion from us. We are just talking in about that's all.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on December 13, 2006, 12:27:16 PM
Adobe Illustrator can supposedly help you blow up Jpeg artwork to jumbo-jet-sized images from low quality jpegs, but that's just a rumor, you would need to find an expert on the subject and pay him a boat load of money.

Apparently it's a vector package, so if it can import JPEGs in a scalable manner I assume it does so by vectorisation, which is an approach I've considered.
I foresee the following problems with using Illustrator:

• It (vectorization) doesn't usually work very well
  • Even a good vectorizer is going to cry when it comes across Amber's use of alpha-blending and lighting effects for spells etc
  • I can also see it vectorising the JPEG damage (which defeats the point)
  • Windows still can't read XFS, where all my DMFA strips are archived (that's a fixable problem tho)
  • I could book a studio session for that kind of money
..your mileage may vary.

If anyone does have access to it, I'd be very interested to see the results of vectorising and doubling the size of #531 (easy) and #576 (hard)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

I have that prog, actually... but I'm gonna need to look into vectorizing raster a little bit to actually come up with a good way of doing it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

ShiningShadow

Really? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  i'm most intrigued about this.

Sid

Vectorizing might work on Amber's uncompressed hi-res files. On the comics, with the JPG noise and what else not... no. I don't think so. At least not with the more recent comics. Especially not the comics that have semi-transparent effects and such.

I think I got such a program as part of the Corel Suite, I might give it a try later on.
:boogie