2020-02-14 [DMFA #1969] - Well, in your head you can go anywhere...

Started by Tapewolf, February 14, 2020, 08:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

"Well, in your head you can go anywhere.  Didn't you know that?  Why, you could even go to the edge, the very edge of the universe.  In your head... you'll never get there on the bus, or a spaceship or whatever they think up" -Kula Shaker (but probably sampled from something else; EDIT: the artist David Hockney, from the documentary "A Bigger Picture").

This is an interesting page.  Cyra explaining things to Daniel, and regretting not just the apocalyptic outcome of her project, but also the source of M'Chek's power, which wasn't really her fault anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadow_B_Panther

So it being reminded of the dragon that killed most of her children brought her to the place she learned the truth and more family. It's been a while since I read that page, but that means all her family that died in that city before her ascension had their souls devoured? Harsh thing to learn.

Also, hope Amber has better luck with her health.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadow_B_Panther on February 14, 2020, 08:52:50 AM
It's been a while since I read that page, but that means all her family that died in that city before her ascension had their souls devoured? Harsh thing to learn.

Quite.  M'Chek giving a eulogy for a person he's already devoured is particularly awful, though I have to say hats off to him for being able to keep a straight face while doing it.
This page does also seem to confirm that none of the residents of the city knew its dark secret.  And again brings up the question of whether Hizell has a similar arrangement, e.g. the death cult with followers who actually want to die for him.

EDIT: There's also the question of whether Destania went off the deep end because she found out from Cyra that most of her descendants had been destroyed by M'Chek.
A trick like that is certainly not going to endear you to his kind, and while you could quite reasonably say "hate the deed, not the breed", Destania is more likely to have actually met some of these unfortunates - where as to than Dan, all this is dry history that happened multiple lifetimes ago and is largely forgotten.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Better hurry in up Cyra, or your going to have at least three more deaths on your conscience
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Merlin

killpurakat

Ooof, this promises to be good and heart-wrenching.  :cry  I know I'm going to love where this storyline goes and hate the fact I'm crying the whole time...

BTW, Amber, if you need a little pick-me-up, might I suggest going to see the Sonic movie in between making the beautiful and poignant comics?

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2020, 09:04:58 AM
Quite.  M'Chek giving a eulogy for a person he's already devoured is particularly awful, though I have to say hats off to him for being able to keep a straight face while doing it.
If you think of M'Chek as a farmer tending his livestock, it's entirely possible he genuinely cared for his citizens...as livestock.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tuyu on February 15, 2020, 12:59:56 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2020, 09:04:58 AM
If you think of M'Chek as a farmer tending his livestock, it's entirely possible he genuinely cared for his citizens...as livestock.
"The abattoir is not a contradiction. No one loves cattle more than Burger King."

Nightmask

The irony of a demon clan named Soulstealer when the actual soul stealer and eater was a dragon.  The also sad irony that it was while tragic better overall because it put an end to the dragon's evil which would have only continued with even more suffering fates worse than death than did as a result of the battle.

Renadt

Newbie here. I have a feeling that unless Dan has already used up his boon (I forgot if he did), he could use it to restore Hishan and restore his family. Also, Fa'lina as well. Also, it looks like others have posted this in the previous post as well. And to add: if all dragon elders are doing this, could this mean that Biggs is going to inadvertently destroy the world in his attempt to "save" it?

e_voyager

Okay yeah damn was jabbering a malice second but she probably knew and felt his emotional shift the moment he looked around the door and saw what happened to her.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

InhumanInterest

Quote from: Merlin on February 14, 2020, 06:21:52 PM
This page was 500% worth the wait. Very poignant
And the art! Each panel had its own unique aesthetic and each of them were amazing!

On a side note re: the main discussion, aside from all the possible variations of exposure that might change Destania's stance for the worst we do know that her clan has a major predisposition in this sort of vindictiveness.