2019-04-30 [DD 124] - Ever I am thwarted by the dark

Started by Tapewolf, April 30, 2019, 09:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

While that is a reasonable enough assumption, that the vampire has enthralled those around them, I am kind of curious how Fantastic Mr Fox intends to avoid being tried and presumably executed for murder.  "They were a vampire" is unlikely to fly in world where vampires aren't considered real.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2019, 09:56:48 AM
While that is a reasonable enough assumption, that the vampire has enthralled those around them, I am kind of curious how Fantastic Mr Fox intends to avoid being tried and presumably executed for murder.  "They were a vampire" is unlikely to fly in world where vampires aren't considered real.

And unlike Herr Doktor van Helsing, he never had written proof of Ra's supposed evil doings.

Merlin

I don't really remember how Jonathan and the gang were planning on getting away with murdering that rich foreigner (except that they were upper-class, and he was very foreign)

I was planning on having the fox introduce himself but then it was like... there is no way to massage a sentence about being a vampire hunter and having the name Hunter that makes it not dumb
then I think I cut the first part of the sentence and forgot about him introducing himself anyway

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on April 30, 2019, 06:37:53 PM
I don't really remember how Jonathan and the gang were planning on getting away with murdering that rich foreigner (except that they were upper-class, and he was very foreign)

"If the Count is there, Van Helsing and Seward will cut off his head at once and drive a stake through his heart. Morris and Godalming and I shall prevent interference, even if we have to use the arms which we shall have ready. The Professor says that if we can so treat the Count's body, it will soon after fall into dust. In such case there would be no evidence against us, in case any suspicion of murder were aroused.
"But even if it were not, we should stand or fall by our act, and perhaps some day this very script may be evidence to come between some of us and a rope."

EDIT: I do not know if the same applies to DHS vampires.  Either way, the Dracula guys were not planning to do this in front of witnesses!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

oh right, don't attempt a murder in public. good advice!