2018-08-24 [DMFA #1862] - PINK!

Started by Ganurath, August 24, 2018, 03:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganurath

Now we know where Piflak's clan stands on potency of blood as compared to demons.

Also, apparently Viv made at least one baby with her demon hubby... or she's born of such a union herself. The former seems more likely, but I'm not one to dismiss possibilities.

Finally, PINK!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Cassi-kun

So that's now four of the Clan Leaders we've met who have had things to say about babies XD Though Cyra herself seemed to be more having a bit of fun at Dan's expense when she brought it up.

I'm also deeply invested in who this Jericho is. Shipping is of the utmost importance in a fandom.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tapewolf

Indeed.  This is both instructive from a worldbuilding point of view, and also... we need to see this Jericho person.

EDIT: I liked the comment on the Katbox version:
"In the heart of every clan leader lives the spirit of a tiny Jewish grandmother. Then again, granted with the actual size of a clan leader, they can likely fit about fifty of them in there."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Emerauld Drathmir

Miss Mab appears to be down. 

Trying to find the Katbox link for DMFA on Google to bookmark it gave me many reasons to buy stock in brain bleach.

Will a kind soul link it here so I can bookmark it?  Pretty please?
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on August 24, 2018, 08:59:51 AM
Trying to find the Katbox link for DMFA on Google to bookmark it gave me many reasons to buy stock in brain bleach.

The xepher.net version is working here so that may be a routing problem with your ISP.  But if you still need the Katbox link: http://dmfa.katbox.net/

The One Guy

So, I guess for those wondering in the previous conversation, this means that yes, Regina can technically become a Cubi through this union.  But her remark about the vacancy reminds us that Piflak won't allow it unless either another clan member dies or a thousand years has passed since the last increase.

GreenBean

My crack ship pairing shall weather this storm: Mink x Regina 4life.

Ganurath

Quote from: The One Guy on August 24, 2018, 05:54:56 PM
So, I guess for those wondering in the previous conversation, this means that yes, Regina can technically become a Cubi through this union.  But her remark about the vacancy reminds us that Piflak won't allow it unless either another clan member dies or a thousand years has passed since the last increase.
I think the odds that another of Piflak's clan will be dead by the time Regina is eligible are... noteworthy.

*glances at Hizell*

Tuyu

Looking into what happened to Abel would seem to make that more likely, yes.

OTOT, she (or other members of her clan) probably keeps a small number of potential candidates going at any given time.

Jasonrevall

Well if Jericho is pink then I can't wait to see him also now I want to see a cute little baby Regina.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

I think she's actually saying that she wants them to have a child ASAP because the murder has unbalanced the numbers.

Jasae Bushae

Im eager to see him so I can get an idea of how double pink could possibly produce a cute pink baby
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Ganurath

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on August 25, 2018, 08:35:55 AM
Im eager to see him so I can get an idea of how double pink could possibly produce a cute pink baby
According to this, you take non-Cubi parent, add Cubi parent's wings, get Cubi hybrid child. So, imagine Regina with fluffy pink feathered wings.

The One Guy

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 25, 2018, 06:19:29 AM

I think she's actually saying that she wants them to have a child ASAP because the murder has unbalanced the numbers.

I wasn't talking about what Piflak wants (which is as you say), I was referring to the forum thread for the previous update where people were talking about the potential for Regina to be able to turn cubi through this (which would require a cubi baby as the first step anyway).

joshofspam

Interesting politics and biology in that conversation.

I still find myself thinking about that when I think about Dan and Matilda possibly having children. Zezzuva handing her power and position over to her Insectis queen descendant because she couldn't handle the numbers of a Insectis hive made that question come up again. Even now, I think about it with how Piflak is pretty much saying she'll get a pink cubi heir in the leadership in that city.

So I guess the evidence still confirms that cubi having children with other Creatures still ends up either being a cubi or the non-cubi parents race. But a successful cubi child might get slight Perks from their non cubi parents linage. If this was all true, it would make an interesting difference between how a clans of cubi with a clan leader might pursue having children, compared with cubi clans without a clan leader. Clans with clan leaders can fish around for stronger fish so the clan as a whole can aquire more powerful traits as the generations pass. While ones without have to settle for Beings if they want a cubi child more reliably because they don't have the power to overcome the magical powers of other Creatures.

Though I do find Piflak's forethought on the political game interesting. Also a bit concerning.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2018, 09:01:23 AM
Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on August 24, 2018, 08:59:51 AM

The xepher.net version is working here so that may be a routing problem with your ISP.  But if you still need the Katbox link: http://dmfa.katbox.net/
Thank you so much.  Yeah, bookmarking the alternative linkage is always a good thing for me.

It also popped as down on downforeveryoneorjustme when I had checked it before posting here, so I dunno.
It was also down most of the weekend on my end, and my ISP is a single-brain-cell-sharing bunch of lackwitted troglodytes, so anything is possible. 

Unfortunately, they are also the only game in town unless I want to pay a few hundred for 200+ channels of nothing's on + the internets, and with my 'Tiny' Human being a Violinist, not an option.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.