2013/02/18 [TanP #49] - ...in bed!

Started by Merlin, February 17, 2014, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Haha, oh Page. He's come so far from that scared little angel from the first few pages :3

joshofspam

So Page can't have any children.

Sounds like that problem for Angels has progressed a bit. I like how Jakob's ear tips are turning red.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

Bahaha, I forgot about this part of the story.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on February 17, 2014, 08:48:36 PM

Sounds like that problem for Angels has progressed a bit.
It is mentioned in Hybrid Genetics, actually.  I think that's probably what inspired this part.

Quote from: Raxuno on February 17, 2014, 11:52:37 PM

Understandable, since like the Dam storyline, this is new material :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2014, 04:12:42 AM

Oh. I guess that would explain it. :B

Son of a mother duck, I thought the dam arc was in the original, too. Just how much of the story have I forgotten? :x

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raxuno on February 18, 2014, 05:36:50 AM
Son of a mother duck, I thought the dam arc was in the original, too. Just how much of the story have I forgotten? :x

Hopefully all the Mary-Sue bits in the earlier chapters...

EDIT: It's interesting to note that while I had this scene planned for quite a while, the business about the dam was written very late.  In fact, I think it still had a few gaps when chapter 1 of the comic was being published.  The dam plot thread was added in response to a criticism from one of the proof readers that it didn't really show much of the relationship between Jakob and Page and that it really needed something for them to bond over.
The hardest part to write was the court scene, which I think took about a year of poking and prodding before I was even passably happy with it.  I still think it's the weakest parts of the story.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2014, 04:12:42 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on February 17, 2014, 08:48:36 PM

Sounds like that problem for Angels has progressed a bit.
It is mentioned in Hybrid Genetics, actually.  I think that's probably what inspired this part.

Thanks for reminding me. It's amazing how some things escape my mind at times.

Hmmmmm...I wonder how the last days of Page as flesh and blood will play out? Considering there's a bit of renovation from the notes going on, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Though this also gives some additional idea's on why Jakob reacted so badly to Pages death.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

Don't look now, but it seems this page inspired Merlin to add another pic to her many avatars. xD

justacritic

Let the / begin and thus a million ships were sailed and sunk and lemonade flowed through the land. In any case, it's quite sweet that Page feels that close to Jakob.