2013/11/22 [PF #290] - Keaton angry! Keaton break head!

Started by joshofspam, November 22, 2013, 12:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Don't know if Daryil will enjoy the angel directed profanity, but at this point, I don't think Daryil can really hold this kill against her.

Yes, the android bodies probably will take some of the bite out of the condition of death. But when your going as far as this loony.......Well something has to happen. Let's just hope that his diamond hard skin doesn't simply cause that wrench to bounce off his noggin.

(Possible Alternate thread name: Keaton's an Engineer. That means she fixes problems :P)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

I think it's already been established that diamond hard skin will not help against a bludgeoning weapon. If anything, it's going to make the hit even worse. That's why maces were so common during the late medieval ages, the heavy use of armor made bludgeoning much more effective than usual. Also, Keaton is probably a lot stronger than usual so that wrench is going to have an extra effect.

Still, I look at this and think, "talking is a free action isn't it?"
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Well I guess Fendrick might also possibly be a real feather weight in the Angel toughness category.

Even if an angel or demon could take something like that, Keaton did get the drop on him and like you said, she might be stronger in this body.

Let's see if he can complete an entire sentence on the next page. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ChaosMageX

Given the current situation and how Fendrick is acting like he has full control over it, he probably didn't have his skin hardened and his defenses up, so Keaton's attack probably did take him by surprise.  Hopefully her wrench will end up looking something like this after the attack:

On another note, panels 1 and 5 show that Fendrick at least has a little bit of competency in handling his gun, since he fired it upright instead of on its side.  I've heard that firing a gun on its side is a really bad idea because it can't be fired again, but I still don't know why.  My current theory is that it messes up the tilting mechanism that disconnects and reconnects the barrel in short recoil actions in semi-automatic handguns, but I could be wrong.  On the other hand, Fendrick's gun isn't semi-automatic, so he might be able to fire his revolver on its side and still be able to fire it again afterwards, but I could be wrong about this as well since I haven't done research on the internal mechanisms of revolvers.

Icon by Sunblink

Naldru

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 25, 2013, 07:02:00 PM
On another note, panels 1 and 5 show that Fendrick at least has a little bit of competency in handling his gun, since he fired it upright instead of on its side.  I've heard that firing a gun on its side is a really bad idea because it can't be fired again, but I still don't know why.  My current theory is that it messes up the tilting mechanism that disconnects and reconnects the barrel in short recoil actions in semi-automatic handguns, but I could be wrong.  On the other hand, Fendrick's gun isn't semi-automatic, so he might be able to fire his revolver on its side and still be able to fire it again afterwards, but I could be wrong about this as well since I haven't done research on the internal mechanisms of revolvers.
Google and Wikipedia for the win.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Eboreg

Actually, handguns can fire sideways without jamming but doing so makes them harder to aim and control.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

It could also be that she rescued Niall first and she's creating a distraction so Niall can do something...