11/14/2013 [TanP #43] - Pa ... Azrael is still a hippie

Started by Eboreg, November 14, 2013, 08:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

I wonder what people here would think if their head of state became a hippie. It's still rather funny to think of the great, ancient, and ageless leader as a hippie. Of course, Furrae is pretty violent and does need a lot of peace and love and I do doubt whether Azrael has internalized all of the aspects of hippie culture, maybe just the good parts.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Raskahn

joshofspam

Actually, I could see a politician like Page becoming a hippie.

Then again, could you imagine Kria as a flower child?

Edit: Not that I cant imagine Kria like that. Just it would be interesting to imagine Kria in a similar place and time as Page and Jakob are now.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

"Good politician" and "hippie" are pretty much mutually exclusive. On the political stage, you are going to walked over by all of your foreign enemies unless you give evidence that you can effectively defend from their violent aggressions and prove willing to do so. Teddy Roosevelt's proverbial big stick is vital in any diplomacy whether the stick is in the form of an acclaimed knight, a powerful field gun, a fully-armed battleship, or a nuclear missile. A hippie is, by definition, opposed to the use of any form of big stick, so a hippie head of state will be chewed up and spat out by the international community in a matter of months. I would assume that Azrael, as an effective political leader, only took the hippie ideology of peace and love to practical bounds so that he could still protect Ha'Khun from foreign aggression.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eboreg on November 14, 2013, 08:40:34 PM
"Good politician" and "hippie" are pretty much mutually exclusive. On the political stage, you are going to walked over by all of your foreign enemies unless you give evidence that you can effectively defend from their violent aggressions and prove willing to do so. Teddy Roosevelt's proverbial big stick is vital in any diplomacy whether the stick is in the form of an acclaimed knight, a powerful field gun, a fully-armed battleship, or a nuclear missile. A hippie is, by definition, opposed to the use of any form of big stick, so a hippie head of state will be chewed up and spat out by the international community in a matter of months. I would assume that Azrael, as an effective political leader, only took the hippie ideology of peace and love to practical bounds so that he could still protect Ha'Khun from foreign aggression.

Indeed. The question is, where did he draw that line? And where did he _tell_ the other countries he'd drawn that line?

All in all, that's a very interesting position.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears