(9-3-06) Bad behavior

Started by bill, September 02, 2006, 11:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

I wonder if Amber will end up having to create a special "Gehy Sechs References & Innuendo" sub-arc for this sub-arc.

luiqui

I have to admit, I'm in love with Abel's story. It's letting us see a different aspect of Amber's writing, which is... I'm looking for a word stronger than 'interesting', because that's a bit lifeless, and weaker than 'fascinating', because that makes me sound a bit pretentious and as if I'm brown nosing. ...Um, anyway, I will say that I reckon I prefer it to the main storyline.

I totally read this as just two friends messing with each other... although Devin's comments seemed to be more gratuitous than Xander's. Although I'll admit that it's plausible that Xander at least truly is gay and was just messing with Devin's homophobia before.

I always think it's weird to do in depth speculation on comic stuff in the presence of the author. I dunno... I just feel Amber would be weirded out. I would be, if people were reading stuff into my comic that I wasn't intending (that's if I actually wrote a comic). Though she's probably used to it by now...

(PS that wasn't directed at this thread in particular, just general musing on stuff that's probably obvious)

Zedd

All I have to say now is the little song I am working along for Amber...TGH thought it was cute enough I hope you all will like it... "I'm the only gay incubus, I'm the one they always miss, i'm the only gay incubuuuuuus, come outside" ......Perrty much its a remix of gay eskimo

ITOS

Quote from: luiqui on September 03, 2006, 02:20:50 PM
I always think it's weird to do in depth speculation on comic stuff in the presence of the author. I dunno... I just feel Amber would be weirded out. I would be, if people were reading stuff into my comic that I wasn't intending (that's if I actually wrote a comic). Though she's probably used to it by now...

I think she is used to wackiness. :P I even think she said that it's funny to see us stumble in the dark. :D
This generic comment was brought to you by:

luiqui

Quote from: Zedd on September 03, 2006, 02:28:10 PM
All I have to say now is the little song I am working along for Amber...TGH thought it was cute enough I hope you all will like it... "I'm the only gay incubus, I'm the one they always miss, i'm the only gay incubuuuuuus, come outside" ......Perrty much its a remix of gay eskimo

Go for it! I'll help choreograph the dance moves :3

Caswin

Quote from: FireKatKid on September 03, 2006, 12:11:23 AMAaaaanyways, if Abel got the rainbow colored spots thing, would he be cookies & cream with sprinkles? o:
Okay, I know Amber's said time and again that she virtually never changes comic events due to message board content, but if this wasn't her plan...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Nikki

Quote from: rt on September 02, 2006, 11:49:46 PM
Personally i'm waiting for the rainbow spotted Abel fan art.

ask and you shall recive >:3

ANYWAYS....

*watches the door open for her* 0w0 YAY!!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Amber Williams

Honestly I think Abel would look pretty bleh with rainbow spots.  His fur being a natural cream colour would be offsetting against some of the more clashing colours.  Where as Xander's cousin(who one can assume is also a dalmation) having a white coat with multi-coloured spots would work better.  That and Abel has a whole lot of spots in comparison to a dalmation thus it would be more distracting than appealing.

As for speculation, I don't mind really. In some cases its very interesting to see the general reaction to how I'm doing and making sure that what I'm personally envisioning (or scheming) is being portrayed correctly.  It's only really a hassle when attitudes start cropping up in the speculation.

As for Devin and Xander...you likely will get to find out a lot about them along with Abel.

luiqui

Just to clarify - I wasn't exactly trying to say speculation around authors was bad or anything... it was just one of those things that struck me as "hay, that kinda weird". Like... clapping. A load of people banging their hands together. Or football. A load of people chasing a ball in a field. Or... *enters Mrs Doyle-like tirade*

Zedd

Your right amber...That rainbow would defently most would clash

topher chee

ShiningShadow

Quote from: topher chee on September 03, 2006, 06:54:10 PM
tattoos, on fur? awesome

Awesome yes but a hassle. Imagine you have to shave your fur to keep that tat from being obscured. I say it will be a pain and a half to get it in the first place.

Tapewolf

Quote from: topher chee on September 03, 2006, 06:54:10 PM
tattoos, on fur? awesome
They are 'magical tattoos'.  One possible way of achieving the effect would be to cause the follicles to colour the fur as desired, but you wouldn't have very good definition for an image.  Either that or the tattoo itself is a decorative magical field of some kind.  Whatever it is, it isn't a tattoo in the normal sense.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

topher chee

yeah.......why not just dye the hair, considering animals/furries' hair grows so long due to the amount of protein they get and mostly because of their genes

tape ninjaed me,,,,

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on September 03, 2006, 02:28:10 PM

"I am the only gay incubus in this village" ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Sorry, but our reader demographics do not include homosexual incubi as a predominant group.

Zedd

*flicks Bill on the nose* I am just thinking of making a parody song Bill..No need to say whats what about my song...I just got a few words already alright?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 03, 2006, 07:25:07 PM
Sorry, but our reader demographics do not include homosexual incubi as a predominant group.

Neither do they include aficiondos of Little Britain, apparently. :-)

Gareeku

Caswin

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 03, 2006, 05:48:36 PM
Honestly I think Abel would look pretty bleh with rainbow spots.
But ze pun, Amber!  It's too perfect! :mowtongue
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What, "can you spot a rainbow?" ?

Or did you have some other pun in mind?

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2006, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: topher chee on September 03, 2006, 06:54:10 PMtattoos, on fur? awesome
They are 'magical tattoos'.  One possible way of achieving the effect would be to cause the follicles to colour the fur as desired, but you wouldn't have very good definition for an image.  Either that or the tattoo itself is a decorative magical field of some kind.  Whatever it is, it isn't a tattoo in the normal sense.
I think it depends. in the case of a dalmatian, it would be fine by just causing the fur to change color on any specie that has fur short and straight enough to have well-defined spots, I don't see why not a tatoo with a certain level of detail, so in basic it would depend on how long and straight the fur is (or if there is fur at all), so a leopard or an otter could likely get a nice tatoo, but a poodle, bear, chinchila, arctic wolf, woud be pretty blah save for very large and undetailed tatoos, or full fur color changes
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Jack McSlay on September 03, 2006, 09:44:59 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2006, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: topher chee on September 03, 2006, 06:54:10 PMtattoos, on fur? awesome
I think it depends. in the case of a dalmatian, it would be fine by just causing the fur to change color on any specie that has fur short and straight enough to have well-defined spots, I don't see why not a tatoo with a certain level of detail, so in basic it would depend on how long and straight the fur is (or if there is fur at all), so a leopard or an otter could likely get a nice tatoo, but a poodle, bear, chinchila, arctic wolf, woud be pretty blah save for very large and undetailed tatoos, or full fur color changes
:yeahthat
Your right on this. But I think if the furry getting the tat will have to deal with the fur issue and try to make that tat cool and identifiable. But in my case it's me and with the silly details on this matter. Don't mind me I'm touched with crazy :mowdizzy.......

LigerJet

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2006, 03:29:57 AM
Hence the only one here who is actually straight appears to be Abel, and it's said that he isn't by the time he's left SAIA.

Hm?  I don't remember reading that anywhere...*forgetful*

Zedd

Well let you know these eye marks my char has ar nautral so they aint tattoos

e_voyager

i wonder whats makesthat perosn think that able is gay right off the back. do that have history?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Who said ANYONE said or thought he was gay? Nobody was talking about him... As far as I know

e_voyager

Devlin "heh Bla bla bla for someone who was all" don't want other to know i'm gay" you don't waste time hitting on every guy you mean" that implies that he his hitting on able and there by perceives he might have a chance to get him in a more compromising postion.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

e_voyager

rather then arguer (since i never said it was about Abel but the guy hitting on Abel) i shall check the clother i have in the dryer.