06/10/2013 [16-03] - Meet Gillian

Started by joshofspam, June 10, 2013, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Seems like this character acts as often as a child minder with how she tells them stories. Also like how her hair is flowing here. :mowhappy

It's good to see not everyone is try to exploit the mortals that end up in their world. Though it does make me wonder about all the different kinds of creatures that could be considered of the Fae race. We see one changeling watching over the children and telling them stories, just how rare is it to have allies among the denizens races here in the fae world?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Gyr

Hey Josh,

As per Darc's comments, Gillian isn't Fey.  She's a changeling.  She's a mortal that's been stolen as a child, and raised in Faerie (The term's used both for the mortals that get stolen and the lesser Fey that replace them).  She's older because her captors decided that she was more useful as an adult than a child and used magic to age her up.  Her hair's green because mortals in Fey start to change after a while, and she's been there for a long time.
Code Name: Hunter
Adventure, Magic and Hounds with Guns.

joshofspam

Quote from: Gyr on June 18, 2013, 08:53:29 AM
Hey Josh,

As per Darc's comments, Gillian isn't Fey.  She's a changeling.  She's a mortal that's been stolen as a child, and raised in Faerie (The term's used both for the mortals that get stolen and the lesser Fey that replace them).  She's older because her captors decided that she was more useful as an adult than a child and used magic to age her up.  Her hair's green because mortals in Fey start to change after a while, and she's been there for a long time.

That's fairly interesting that both the baby mortal and the lesser fey both share the same name for their description. Is there any difference between mortals taken like Gillian and the other mortals here?

With other children here too, I'd guess no. Though it does sound like a rather odd arrangement for those who are the ones switched. Though I'm guessing that's nothing compared to the awkward relationship between Gavin and his half fey relative, I can't remember if it was a sister mentioned or a cousin. Still awkward. :mowdizzy
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.