2013/03/17 [Matilda#6] Powersource

Started by Zebra Bug, March 17, 2013, 12:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

So the crystals are indeed food, of a sort. And it would seem that the males were fighting over a female. And earfin-less won.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

xom

Blarg... you beat me to it. Also, shouldn't the subject be: 2013/03/17 for date and Orly? for ending according to whats posted on the tab?

Zebra Bug

Quote from: xom on March 17, 2013, 02:41:06 AM
Blarg... you beat me to it. Also the subject should be: 2013/03/17 for date and Orly? for ending according to whats posted on the tab.

It is Saturday night for me. It updated around 8 pm, the date is correct as far as I can see. And you can subtitle it whatever you want as long as it has some vague resemblance to the comic.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

xom

Its still Saturday for me as well, I was just worried it was labeled wrong.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 17, 2013, 12:24:59 AM
And it would seem that the males were fighting over a female. And earfin-less won.

Actually the gals left before the fight ended. The guy at the end of the hall is another dude alltogether.

HOPE EVERYONE IS READY FOR NONSTOP "Everyone looks the same save for tiny differences so good luck telling who is who" THIS SERIES. :U

icarus

I KNOW I SURE AM.

i actually really liked that, i was wondering how you were going to differentiate all the blue mythos without clothing. MARKINGS ARE A SOLID WAY TO GO

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Eboreg

So ... they eat the crystals? Or do they passively absorb energy? Still, the fact that there were no predators or prey strongly suggests that there were no microbes either and any BV Mythos that travels outside the volcano would have to get inoculated to get a good chance of surviving.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

icarus

given that the reaction to them going in matilda's mouth was negative, i'd go with guessing that they do not eat thim but just absorb energy from them.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Jasae Bushae

given how cubi academy works for that species (and how abel didnt need to eat or sleep while there)
and bearing this discovery in mind, i wonder if magic does this to anyone in general when the concentration is high enough
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Nino

Quote from: Eboreg on March 17, 2013, 12:19:29 PM
So ... they eat the crystals? Or do they passively absorb energy? Still, the fact that there were no predators or prey strongly suggests that there were no microbes either and any BV Mythos that travels outside the volcano would have to get inoculated to get a good chance of surviving.

Why wouldn't there be microbes? Extremophiles exist as microbes but not species large enough to be prey. And the Mythos probably travel to upper areas that aren't so hot where there'd be just normal bacteria around.

Also, it might be that BV Mythos are so different than a lot of other creatures that there wouldn't be a lot of xenotropic diseases they'd have to worry about.

Actually, the one thing that I think would be a HUGE problem isn't diseases but normal gut flora. And not from living in extreme conditions, but from never eating: if you never ate, you might not have the strains of bacteria needed to digest anything in your gut. It's a stretch to think that the crystals would preserve exactly the right type of bacteria to digest food over potentially hundreds of generations of Mythos that don't eat. Sort of like how someone raised as a vegan can't digest meat when they're older, because they've selected against having this type of bacteria in their stomach. Only with the Mythos it would be potentially any type of food.

(this brings up this question in relation to cubi too, but at least if they once ate when they were younger then that type of gut makeup might be preserved by magic when they stopped eating - a bit different than never eating at all).

Jasae Bushae

well no idea how it would work for solids but given certain portions of anatomy, its likely they were at least breast fed as newborns ^^;
hmm...*trawls the archives* http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1064.php huh, during the entire meal we see her downing she just has fluids....so whatever the heck she lives off is entirely liquid
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Merlin

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 17, 2013, 09:02:44 AM
Actually the gals left before the fight ended. The guy at the end of the hall is another dude alltogether.

HOPE EVERYONE IS READY FOR NONSTOP "Everyone looks the same save for tiny differences so good luck telling who is who" THIS SERIES. :U

Thought so! His finny markings are way spikier, eh? I am looking forward to seeing ALL THE MARKINGS, yeah!

icarus

also she belches flame, which probably means her internal temp is recockulously high

Tuyu

Quote from: Merlin on March 17, 2013, 06:26:53 PM

Thought so! His finny markings are way spikier, eh? I am looking forward to seeing ALL THE MARKINGS, yeah!
PLAYBOOK! PLAYBOOK! (no, not really...) :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: icarus on March 17, 2013, 06:27:15 PM
also she belches flame, which probably means her internal temp is recockulously high

Either that or whatever she was drinking is extremely volatile, and her teeth spark.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Wanderer

...For some reason in the first panel Matilda looked like she was holding a cellphone. I was confused for a moment.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wanderer on March 18, 2013, 12:19:01 AM
...For some reason in the first panel Matilda looked like she was holding a cellphone. I was confused for a moment.

Well, that's just silly. You know she has a shellphone. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 17, 2013, 12:24:59 AM
And it would seem that the males were fighting over a female. And earfin-less won.

Every blue volcano mythos looks the same... (TEH RACISM!!!)   :U

*Charline de Lyon uses her evil mind to continue the sentence started at the end of the comic:  "That said, some of thelarger mythos just LOVED the sensation of another of its kind struggling and screaming in their stomachs as they digested them alive! "  Heh heh heh ... vore.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif