2013/03/05 [TDA #50] - your SOUL!!!!

Started by Eboreg, March 05, 2013, 08:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

To anyone who doesn't get what happened, Jakob and co. removed the King's soul and replaced it with that of Admaria's mother. Pretty ingenious trick, I just hope that Admaria planned for her mother's new body dying sooner than usual and for it being of the opposite sex.

Also, would it be possible to convert the King's body to that of a 'Cubi? Discuss.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Quote from: Eboreg on March 05, 2013, 08:18:38 AM
To anyone who doesn't get what happened, Jakob and co. removed the King's soul and replaced it with that of Admaria's mother. Pretty ingenious trick, I just hope that Admaria planned for her mother's new body dying sooner than usual and for it being of the opposite sex.

Also, would it be possible to convert the King's body to that of a 'Cubi? Discuss.

Hmmmmmm...actually I think the executioner took the kings place after he dispatched him.

We don't see him with Jakob's group the entire page. Also the king looks thinner.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ellian

Quote from: joshofspam on March 05, 2013, 01:31:47 PM

Hmmmmmm...actually I think the executioner took the kings place after he dispatched him.

Well, that's what I thought, too. Although the other option doesn't sound totally unlikely. I don't know if something like this can be done, though. Did we see any previous example of a being's soul being actually replaced by another?

Eboreg

Actually, I like your idea better. The king does seem thinner and I don't think that could be caused by any means the 'Cubi could think up. Honestly, I think that most of the subjects are not going to be terribly angered by the replacement of their king by a 'Cubi but instead wonder why all of the trickery was necessary. I mean, come on, Admaria was heir to the throne, the society was a feudal-monarchic system where killing the king to take his throne is standard, and he had already made a lot of enemies in the kingdom. I mean, a lot of people rail on Cyra for trying to kill the legitimate guardian of Hishaan to take his place but I say she was most likely one of a lot of Creatures who tried that to other city leaders and given the time frame, puts it more in the morally grey zone than the pure black. The medieval feudal-monarchic system of rule generally had it so that any immediate historiography of a power struggle cast the current leader, who was most likely the winner, as the good guy. And that was standard. Point is, Admaria could have openly murdered the king and put his head on a pike in the village square and people would have still followed her.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

I will say that Jakob would throw a total hissy-fit at the prospect of messing with the King's soul.  For that matter he wouldn't be too thrilled about killing him either, but he wouldn't try to interfere.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E