Horrid accident involving my sister.

Started by Shax, February 14, 2013, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

that's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

(credit: Gabi)

Alondro

Ah, I am so glad to hear that she's recovered in such a dramatic fashion.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Shax

After a few weeks of her being home, we started to notice a few things different about her now. First, hes really quiet when she talks, almost like a raspy whisper. The doctors are not sure why this is, its like she struggles to talk. And now she seems more childish, she actually throws full tantrums now, and stomps her feet and fists if she does not like something. SHe does not remember us getting the new house to move, which we already would of been fully moved into there had this accident not had happened. And last, the sad thing is, she does not remember my grandfather passing away last year until he sold his house. She has been asking about what had happened to him, why and how he died. (Organ and heart failure.)

Other than ese, her personality is still fully intact, and is already getting back into driving again.

joshofspam

Well at least it sounds like a few small things still. It's good to hear she's still making progress.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Brunhidden

with your description of her being different when you got her home my first thought was 'shes wearing red robes now'
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sofox

Damn, I was hoping she'd be fine and fully recovered, but in any event I'm happy she's back with you and her family. All the best and tell her some random stranger on the internet sends her best wishes! (or not, if it makes things awkward... don't want to cause her more confusion on top of everything....)

Wildy

Hey Shax, How's your sister doing?

I've only read the last page or so since I've missed so much. I'm glad to hear she's home and doing well, aside from the personality changes. It has been a while since your last update and I was curious.

Much love and hope still flowing in you and your family's direction.

~Wildy

Shax

Hey Wildy! Sorry for the late reply, things have been busy on my end since I have just started working. 6 days a week, ugh.

Anyway, she's been doing great! She's up and about rather often, been having fun with friends as usual, and even ready to start driving again soon! She's already picked out what car she wants. X3
Her therapys have been going along swimmingly, even to where she might be done with them soon! She has made so much progress in such a short time. Almost hard to believe it's almost been a year since the accident already... Time has been going by so fast...

Her reading and writing skills seem to have not been damaged, and my cousins got her a MacBook Pro as a gift for her progress, it's hard to pull her off of that thing! Although I'm the same way when it comes to my own tech. Kinda a family thing. =P

Right now she's really excited for Christmas coming up since we are taking a family trip to Maui, Hawaii over the time. She's happy I was able to get those two weeks off too.

It's funny you should post this on the 14th because on that day we were celebrating her birthday! We had such a large turnout for her! But she seemed to be a bit overwhelmed with the excitement of the people around her, which is understandable after such a serious accident.

Anyway, I'm off. If you ever want an update just throw a PM my way. I prefer that over sharp objects. X3

~Shax

Shax

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the guy that crashed into her pleaded not guilty to negligent driving...

Ignuus66

Quote from: Shax on October 17, 2013, 09:43:30 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the guy that crashed into her pleaded not guilty to negligent driving...
His personality rhymes with glass hole.

(credit: Gabi)

HoneyBadger

I'm so glad to hear that your sister is doing MUCH better now, praise the Lord.  Every since that I read your journal about your sister's condition, I've been praying extra hard for her, and your family, recovery. :D

Shax

Ok! So! Update! Monday was the sentencing trial for the guy that hit my sister... Well to start off, he didn't speak a lick of English, period. There had to be a translator in the room. Second, not even a citizen of the US, yet he has a house, a car, and a license. Hes here on a work visa. Final verdict. A years probation. Thats it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

A year's probation, and as soon as his visa finishes, he won't be back to the US at all. They check that stuff at the border, you know.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shax

Oh no, he's still in the states. He's anchored here because all 3 of his kids were born in the states. In fact, he's not allowed to leave Michigan

Alondro

Quote from: Shax on December 12, 2013, 01:58:44 AM
Oh no, he's still in the states. He's anchored here because all 3 of his kids were born in the states. In fact, he's not allowed to leave Michigan

*facepalm*  And people wonder why we conservatives are pissed off so much about immigration.  This kind of crap happens sooooooooooooooooooo often.

And good luck trying to sue to recoup medical costs.  I'm sure he's got nothing.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Shax

Well, here we are, its hard to believe that today marks 1 year since her horrid accident. Time sure does fly doesn't it? Anyway, Brianne has pushed herself rather hard in this year, the doctors thought she would never get to the point she is at now. But we knew better since shes a strong girl.

Sofox

That is so good to hear, I wish you and Brianne the best!

joshofspam

That's excellent news! Hoping for the best for you both!
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sprocketsdance

She deserves many congratulations I think ^_^

Shax

So, a bit of an update after so long... She was cleared to drive again! And she bought herself a new card. A 2014 Chevy Cruise. Although she already hit a bit of a snag. With my dad's oversized truck in the garage alongside her car, She doesn't have much room. My father owns a 2005 Chevy Avalanche, so its pretty bit. But when my sister was backing out before from the garage, she accidentally took off the passenger side mirror. But it was already fixed. Dad sent me the pictures.

Also, shes getting ready to gear up for college! Shes nervous, but at the same time, excited, shes getting her life back on track and back to normal. My parents call me from time to time with updates now that I live 2 states away from them. But all and all, nothing but improvements. Her old personality seems to kick in here and there at times and shes seeing a doctor about getting her voice completely restored since her voicebox was slightly damaged in the crash. In the next upcoming weeks as well, shes going in for surgery to fuse the bones in her ankle. This is a separate problem from the crash, but she has always had ankle problems to where the bones are grinding together. They fixed it before, twice, but this time they can only just fuse it.

In any case. Much improvement, and thank you all for your support for her.