Backstory War! Matilda Vs Mab!

Started by techmaster-glitch, January 11, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Thankfully Anthrocon is a convention that pays for itself.  I go because it is profitable to do so for me and I usually try to squirrel away part of the earnings to go into next year.  Condition also has the advantage that is so local that with travel/hotel/food a non-issue, there is no financial reason for me not to.  This year is special in that I was asked to be Guest o Honor for FAU (FurAffinity United) which is happening in New Jersey...so that will be a convention I'll be attending as well. c:

As for the other stories, the ones that involve Mikelo is indeed one.  In a sense Mikelo's origin is actually tied (ever so very incredibly loosely) to the Fae backstory.

Mischa

I have this horrible temptation to invite Amber out for tacos during Anthrocon, in order to secretly plumb the depths of her mind for secrets about the fae while she's in a taco-induced fugue.  :P

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 21, 2013, 03:29:06 PM
As for the other stories, the ones that involve Mikelo is indeed one.  In a sense Mikelo's origin is actually tied (ever so very incredibly loosely) to the Fae backstory.

Okay, now I'm really curious.  If Mab would have won, would Mikelo have appeared in the resulting side story?

Icon by Sunblink

Amber Williams

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 21, 2013, 03:53:52 PM
Okay, now I'm really curious.  If Mab would have won, would Mikelo have appeared in the resulting side story?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe (yes)

Mischa

Perhaps Mikelo fans will now pour in some donations!  :P

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 21, 2013, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 21, 2013, 03:53:52 PM
Okay, now I'm really curious.  If Mab would have won, would Mikelo have appeared in the resulting side story?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe (yes)

It's a shame he didn't appear with Demon-Lord Kr'Thaknar on this page like he did on this page.  Or is it Demon-Lord Kr'Thacknar?  The spelling is different between those two pages.

Quote from: Mischa on January 21, 2013, 04:02:24 PM
Perhaps Mikelo fans will now pour in some donations!  :P

Considering the he's only appeared on this page and the one above, I'm not sure if many of the more recent readers even know who he is, but I could be wrong, and I'm hoping I am, since I'd still like Mab to win. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Wanderer

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 21, 2013, 01:40:32 PM
Yeah. Woefully dental is not a thing covered by the the gov as its considered a cosmetic surgery...so most of the time it's up to the person to handle dental.

Bah. Crack a couple of government officials' molars and see how cosmetic they think it is.  :P

QuoteOkay, now I'm really curious.  If Mab would have won, would Mikelo have appeared in the resulting side story?

Bah, Mikelo. Boko seems far more interesting.  :P

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jasae Bushae

quick! someone donate $600 so that she will be super shocked and amazed by the jump to $5,000!
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on January 25, 2013, 12:25:06 AM
quick! someone donate $600 so that she will be super shocked and amazed by the jump to $5,000!

Matilda's side gained $370 and Mab's side gained $190 over the past 5 days for a total of $580, bringing the grand total to $4457.  If this trend continues, the fundraiser total should hopefully hit and surpass $5000 in the next 7 days before its end.  But even if it doesn't, either way I'm excited to see the final amounts for each side when it does end, as it's already raised over twice what the last side story war raised.

Icon by Sunblink

Jasae Bushae

Yeaaah~ XD
is it because the comics gained more fans since the last one or people are more infatuated by the current options i wonder...

Zebra Bug

I wasn't going to donate (I have teethie problems too, damn root canals...) but Mikelo is to tempting to ignore. XD So I donated $20. I love that little turtle-dove.  :boogie

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

ChaosMageX

Woo!  Four days to go and the fundraiser is only $363 away from a grand total of $5000.  Mab's side actually seems to be gaining, having increased by $120 over the past 1.5 days while Matilda only increased by $25, but unfortunately it seems like it's too little too late.  But still, even though Mab isn't likely to win, I'm still hoping this Side Story War reaches $5000 before it ends. :eager

Icon by Sunblink

Lying Foo

...so, anybody got $2,039 lying around?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Jasae Bushae

pfffft XD
i wonder if we will ever see mab and matilda going on an adventure to explore the internet XD id donate for it XD

Fresnor

Hmm, I wonder if the Matilda story will have her fear of pancakes explained...

Tuyu

I was under the impression it was the syrup she had a problem with. She seems to have a phobia about things that are sticky.

Jasae Bushae

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1078.php huh, so this specifically mentions she had very little when she arrived...more reason to vote for matilda for me XD

littlekreen

I'm actually curious what Friday's image will be as it doesn't seem particularly wise to have one's business end pointed at the internet.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: littlekreen on January 31, 2013, 08:10:25 PM
I'm actually curious what Friday's image will be as it doesn't seem particularly wise to have one's business end pointed at the internet.

Furry bums? Well....Rule 34.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 01, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

You're half right, she only showed a bit of tail.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on February 01, 2013, 06:48:50 PM
Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 01, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

You're half right, she only showed a bit of tail.

That is her best feature!

ChaosMageX

And so it ends, just $132 short of $5000.  But hopefully it's still close to if not over 5/8 of the dental bill.

Also, since we're now sure Matilda is the winner, and we know that her background story will definitely involve gory violence, does this mean we'll get to see Rebma drawn in a disclaimer at the beginning of her story like how we saw Fa-Teen drawn at the beginning disclaimer of Abel's Story?

Considering we're probably going to see at least one page full of dramatic violence, blood, and maybe the ball part of one of Matilda's brother's ball-and-socket joints, I'd say her backstory warrants a mature rating and disclaimer.  I'm actually looking forward to it now, and I can't wait to see Matilda being a total bad-ass. :eager

EDIT:
Quote from: Wanderer on January 21, 2013, 04:29:55 PM
Bah, Mikelo. Boko seems far more interesting.  :P

I personally prefer Anthicus.  He's even appeared in the comic once before, along with Mikelo.  Also, that broom Mab had was really cool looking.  Is there a picture of Mikelo using/wielding it?  I could swear I've seen a picture of him with it before.

Icon by Sunblink

Abel-needs-a-hug

Oh, great, now they're in "Codename: Hunter"!

Tuyu

Cute.  Now I wonder what Mab's reaction would be if they found their way to Michael Payne's Daily Grind.

(The fae there are giant spiders.)

Jasae Bushae

Squeee~  :mwaha  This is the funnest adventure ever!
I wonder where else they will end up XD

Zebra Bug

Well, we know that Abel HATE/loathes/fears spiders, but I don't know if Mab would have a problem with them (Dan didn't), and Matilda...I have no idea how'd she react. Try and sell them stuff maybe.  :mowtongue

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.